+417

It's weird how one moment you're an 8th grader at the top of the food chain only to be deemed 'the lowest of the low' a few months later in high school, amirite?

solongs avatar Education
4 32
The voters have decided that solong is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

We have k-5 elementary, 6-8 middle school, and 9-12 high school. LIKE IT SHOULD BE.

Jardens avatar Jarden Yeah You Are +27Reply
@Jarden We have k-5 elementary, 6-8 middle school, and 9-12 high school. LIKE IT SHOULD BE.

I didn't know Hogwarts was organized like this especially since I thought high school was called university over on those islands.

I hate how uneven that is. I think there should be 4 grades in middle school and 4 grades in high school.

My high school is 7-12 graders. Everyday, I find a new reason to want to murder somebody.

@adiosToreador My high school is 7-12 graders. Everyday, I find a new reason to want to murder somebody.

Damn... 7th graders in high school? If they don't already think they're hot stuff, how's that for an ego boost!

My school is the same. Noisy 7th graders think that they're hot shit because they're in high school. -_- Do they walk on the wrong side of the hallway and on the staircases!?

my town is so weird.
we have an elementary school for pre-6th, a school just for 7th, jr high for 8th and 9th, then the high school has 10-12th.

@Ram27 So...the 10th graders are freshmen? Which title do they skip?

In my school, its still 9th grade freshmen.
but 8th and 9th are in the same school.

They don't skip a title...9th grade is always freshman.

I think that could be why freshmen are hated so much. They leave their old school feeling big and important. Once they get to high school they're excited that they're big bad high schoolers and forget that they're back at the bottom again and end up being obnoxious trying to be "cool" freshmen. All these weird school systems above could be why not everyone hates their freshmen. Even the sophomores at my school seem to have trouble realizing that being loud and clogging the hallway just pisses people off. /long and unfunny comment that isn't interesting from someone who's school system isn't weird or fucked up

@Lanz I think that could be why freshmen are hated so much. They leave their old school feeling big and important. Once...

Yea, once they're sophomores they're all "hey we're not freshmen anymore" and just as annoying, if not more since then they pick on the freshmen as if it wasn't them acting stupid a few months ago.

@Yea, once they're sophomores they're all "hey we're not freshmen anymore" and just as annoying, if not more since...

Well that too, but I was referring to my school's sophomore class in particular. They're the most aggravating penis-heads I've ever seen in my life. They make me almost respect this year's freshmen for not being nearly as annoying.

Schools in my county recently combined, so it went from a 9-12th grade high school to a 10-12th grade highschool. Me being in 9th grade last year, I've been at the bottom two years in a row! It sucks.

that is weird. My school I guess is kind of abnormal too. I mean we had a whole school-well, it is an advanced magnet school of K-8 that is like 350 kids...so once you reach 8th grade you get some privelages and stuff...

solongs avatar solong Yeah You Are +2Reply

I have middle school from 7-9th grades and high school from 10-12th.

my school is K-6 7-9 10-12, so no

names avatar name No Way +1Reply

I go to a K-12 school, so it was never any weird transitions.

It's much more gratifying to get to highschool when you've endured jr. high for 3 years.

Onees avatar Onee Yeah You Are +1Reply

My school is sorta strange:
We have K-4 in elementary, 5-6 in intermediate, 7-8 in middle, and 9-12 in high.
And it really sucks because when you're just becoming a teenager and shit you have to keep fucking switching schools. And they never delay anything because of snow. Bastards.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Ram27 My school is sorta strange: We have K-4 in elementary, 5-6 in intermediate, 7-8 in middle, and 9-12 in high. And...

That's how ny schooling was. I've been in two different districts. One had k-4, 5-8 and 9-12. I moved during the 5th grade to a district thar had an intermediate school 5&6, and then middle school (although I consuder it a jr.high) 7&8, and 9-12.

Ah, the problems of overcrowding.

K-6, 7-8, 9, 10-12 (although the freshmen are still part of the high school, we're just put into a separate school because the main campus isn't big enough to hold everybody).

The high school to college transition is apparently one of the most awkward.

Mine was elementary was K-7 and high school was 8-12.

My county is so weird. We have Pre-K, then elementary school is Kindergarten through 5th, Middle School is 6th through 8th, but then it's weird because the 9th Grade is another school on its own but it's still considered high school, and then you have 10th through 12th at the high school building.

In SA there's:
Pre-primary (age 5) which isn't compulsory. It can be a pre-primary school on its own or it can be part of a primary school.
Primary school - grades 1 to 7.
High school - grades 8 to 12.

So for me the post would say "grade 7" instead of "8th grader".

@1543248

Mine was called pre-primary, I went for two weeks and quit because I hated my teacher. So glad it wasn't compulsory back then. Poor 2014 kids.

It's the same in every school transition, it's happened to you before, XD.

Just to say what everyone else is saying, my school system is rather odd. First, there's an elementary school Kindergarten - 2nd grade, then there's a school 3rd - 5th grade, then middle school, then highschool.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are -2Reply