+728

what we eat is weird when you think about it....meat is the muscle tissue of animals, fruits are the ovaries of plants, milk is squeezed out of all sorts of creatures, and processed food is, well, we have no idea what it is, amirite?

Joe_Larsons avatar Food & Drink
11 24
The voters have decided that Joe_Larson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Eggs are the period of the chiken. Yucky.

idgaf, food is food, and I'm eating as much as I can.

Sooo.. the Watermelon im eating right now is a ovary? :$ That sounds Really gross.. But im going to continue to eat it anyways.

@Canadian_Ninja Sooo.. the Watermelon im eating right now is a ovary? :$ That sounds Really gross.. But im going to continue to eat...

Exactly. Lots of people are gonna comment on this saying "Ewww, now I'll never eat any of that stuf Blah Blah Blah" Yea, okay, it's gross to think about; but almost no one is really gonna NOT eat that stuff anymore..... really.

Haha yes, processed food =
complete bunch of random chemicals
or
A food that was once natural and/or healthy and got pulled apart and had chemicals added or "vitamins" and turned into some long lasting shelf product. Ie-pasta, milk etc.

Kay seriously, let little miss farm girl here help you guys out...
The eggs you buy are unfertilized. You can tell if it is fertilized if there is a little red dot in the yolk part, or there is physically a little baby chick growing inside of the yolk. And if any of you took basic school you know that you need a male (rooster) and a female (hen) to make a baby. Typical farms do not have roosters in the same pens as the hens.
And second of all, the egg is not the chickens period. It is literally the egg, or ovum, being realeased from the ovaries EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yea thats right. Every twenty five hours, a new egg is realeased, and slowly over the course of four days to a week, a hard calcium - rich shell develops encasing the egg.
Any questions?

Thanks for this... I'm watching Master Chef and getting very hungry, but this just cured me ;-)

I don't think that I'll ever eat again.

Lol...I remember how Coneheads totally ruined eggs for me. "Here are your chicken embryos"..... O.o BARF

erm, you can buy and eat fertilised chicken eggs. They won't hatch because they have been refrigerated. sooo, that would make them underdeveloped chicken fetuses?

Fruit aren't ovaries... Flowers actually have real ovaries so that's not an accurate comparison. Fruit are more like amniotic sacs or something to contain the embryo/seed.

@Jess_Doherty Or the uterus? :P

Actually, now that I consider it some more, there isn't really any genuine equivalent for a fruit. The seed itself is the equivalent of the amniotic sac and the uterus. Fruit is just an evolved means to aid with seed dispersal. Humans have no equivalent for that since our embryos are developed in utero.

Um no? That would be the BABY of the chicken, not the period....?

@Jess_Doherty Not if it isn't fertilized.

So what is an unfertilized egg?

thethinkers avatar thethinker Yeah You Are 0Reply
@thethinker So what is an unfertilized egg?

It's just an unfertilized chicken egg (the egg part of sperm and egg). So yes, it's like a chicken's period (But they don't complain as much as girls).

CapedCrusaders avatar CapedCrusader Yeah You Are +4Reply
@CapedCrusader It's just an unfertilized chicken egg (the egg part of sperm and egg). So yes, it's like a chicken's period (But...

AHHH! I see... Well, that put eating eggs into a whole other perspective... though, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing...

That would be the chickens period. And typically, that'd be the egg you eat.