+542

Admit it, you didn't know how to pronounce Hermione's name the first time you read it. amirite?

kiwipinks avatar
6 34
The voters have decided that kiwipink is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I love how "Hermione_Granger" agreed to this.

Hermy-own.

@shmad Hermy-own.

LOL that's how I first read it x3

incedios avatar incedio Yeah You Are 0Reply

I cheated, I read the book after I saw the movie, so I knew ahead of time how it was pronounced.

I had trouble pronouncing a lot of other names, though. I pronounced Sirius "Cyrus", and fuck if I knew how to say "Trelawney" in second grade.

Just ignore my previous comment please.

i will go to my grave saying "her-my-oh-nee". i don't care how they say it in the movies, that is how hermione tells krum to say it in the 4th book.

Actualy im french and hermione is a french name, so it wasn't a strange name for me x)

Haha I was six the first time I read it and said 'her-mee-ownee.' for a while. so bad.

I heard "Hermione" before seeing it, so when I saw the word I automatically read it like I heard it.

Her my one. Hermononucleosus. Hermin monster. AVPS

More like hair-my-own-knee

I saw the first movie first before reading the books, that would put me at about 5 or 6. But by the time i was 8 i had already read up to book 4

I had read the book way before the first movie came out and I've always pronounced it her-my-knee. I think that's right? At this point it's not a big deal.

Her-my-on

That's what I thought it was. Hell, I was like 7 or 8! I had no clue how to say Snape either! I said "snap" and weasley I thought was Wes-lee. Yeah,...the movies cleared some things up

Her-my-on

well then here you go... Her-my-one. Poor Herman!

hermininny

Hermoingo?

I used to just pronounce it her-my-knee. Yeah I was way off haha

HUhhr-Mee-Oh-Knee DUH!