+1,099

If you're a teenager now, it's weird the think that you've already lived through several major historical events you will tell your kids about. Such as Year 2000, 9/11/2001 and first black president (if you're American). amirite?

Marios avatar
26 33
The voters have decided that Mario is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It's especially weird because, I don't know about you, but I'm mesmerized by all that my parents lived through (Civil Rights Movement, JFK being assassinated, all of this technology being invented, etc.) when in reality I'm only 14 and have already lived through so much. I just don't realize it yet. It's kinda crazy how so much can be going on in the world and yet it doesn't make a significant impact on your life. Or, so you think it doesn't make an impact. I'm sure I'll be able to see how it all made me who I am later one when I see how different the next generation is, but right now it doesn't seem different. I hope that rambling and atrocious running-on of sentences was understandable haha.

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +15Reply
@kodabear911 It's especially weird because, I don't know about you, but I'm mesmerized by all that my parents lived through...

(kodabear911):Exactly. My mom and dad can talk about the strict segregation of where they grew up, which is where I live now. It's weird to think that all that important stuff happened only 50 something years ago.

brookeasaurs avatar brookeasaur Yeah You Are +5Reply

Yeah, and stuff like Katrina and the Haiti earthquake.

What about pluto no longer being a planet? Thats huge!

Treeleafs avatar Treeleaf Yeah You Are +5Reply
Treeleafs avatar Treeleaf Yeah You Are 0Reply

Don't forget we have been through a lot of technology changes because we can tell our children about VHS and cassette tapes. Also I wonder what the next generation will call our music because most parents don't like our music but we like both theirs and ours. I wonder if we will like our childrens.

Uhm, you don't have to be American to live through America having their first black president...

@twisted_memories Uhm, you don't have to be American to live through America having their first black president...

Well I guess so, but I honestly don't know if other countries pay attention to what's happening in America, and I wouldn't expect them to.

Marios avatar Mario Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Mario Well I guess so, but I honestly don't know if other countries pay attention to what's happening in America, and I...

Well I don't know exactly how much interest there is and i think it varies, but America is the country that gets the most attention outside of it's borders. Most people outside the US would still know who Obama is for example.

The UK I believe was more interested in America's politics than their own. Well the youth were anyway, haha.

Of course every Country pays attention. Just because most American's don't pay attention to what's happening in the world doesn't mean everyone else doesn't.

@Duck Of course every Country pays attention. Just because most American's don't pay attention to what's happening in the...

That's obviously not what he meant. And it's not fair to say that most Americans don't pay attention to things outside their country, it's obviously not true.

@afternooner That's obviously not what he meant. And it's not fair to say that most Americans don't pay attention to things...

You know, sadly it is true. If every single American was tested their knowledge on even basic American Government, far more than half wouldn't know the answers. Look up the statistics. I'm not saying their all ignorant, granted a lot of them are, but most of them are ill educated or took/take for granted the education and information that is provided for them.

I've always wondered what it'll be like talking to kids that have never heard of Columbine or Virginia Tech before.

Rebels avatar Rebel Yeah You Are +4Reply

He's not all black he's Biracial!

@ilikefurrywolves4815 He's not all black he's Biracial!

He does call himself black, though. And he's still the first not-completely-white president.

we survived swine flu! and we're in a huge recession that will probably make history books! and we're living during a war. even stuff like the oil spill, hurricane katrina, and the Haitian earthquake. oh and dont forget that hopefully one day we can tell out kids that we survived 2000 and 2012 :D

i would say my grandpa has lived through soooo much more...the Depression, WW2, Hiroshima/Nagasaki, Cold War, Korean War, Civil Rights, Vietnam, the list goes on and on...

we ain't seen nothing yet

It's the first black president of the US for every country, not just the US

@484644

I suppose he's also a Muslim communist who was born in Kenya? And the government caused 9/11, right? I'm sure that the moon landing was a hoax and the Holocaust was a coverup by the Jews so people would feel sorry for them. Oh, and Hillary Clinton shot JFK.

@484644

wow...if you're american you just proved how little actual citizens know about the country. thats just SAD!

@484644

actually darling, he is black. have you seen his skin? it's black. i agree that he isn't the greatest president ever, but nothing can be done about it until the next election.

@484644

really, why couldn't an actual black guy be president? Not this Obama dude who is Muslim! I mean, come on!

The new century began in 2001. =)

FlamesToDusts avatar FlamesToDust Yeah You Are -2Reply
@FlamesToDust The new century began in 2001. =)

whatever we lived through that too

Anonymous