+352

You can start a major argument by simply stating abortion or gay rights, amirite?

0 59

It's wrong for two gay guys in a relationship to get an abortion.

Of course, I mean If people are going to insist on using a piece of ancient literature as a main premise in their arguments and think the teachings of it are still fully applicable to our culture and society today, is it not inevitable or the very least understandable that people get so frustrated about it?

@1305735

Well... that might have been the most obvious statement I've heard in a very long time.

@Unicorns Well... that might have been the most obvious statement I've heard in a very long time.

STFU THE BIBLE IS THE BEST THING IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!1!!!!eleven111111one!!!!!!'

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +8Reply
@1305753

I'm sorry. If it makes you feel better, I was wholeheartedly agreeing with you.

@1305735

(this reply is to your comment way up "Well, it depends. If the argument is about the teachings of this piece of ancient literature, then obviously the piece of ancient literature would contain the best argument."

not necessarily, things outdate and the world changes. As society changes, the meanings of things can change as well. Should the Bible be taken literally or metaphorically? Each valid interpretation gives different meaning to the same piece.

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1306214

"God's word doesn't change just because society does"

You know, all joking and debating aside, that probably is the reason why I personally don't want to follow an organised religion - because society changes, and the world changes. You've got the rules for the game, but when the game changes, and the terrain changes, the rules gotta change too.

@1305693

HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT? YOU MONSTER!

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +11Reply
@1305702

OH DON'T GET ALL RELIGIOUS ON ME. GOD ISN'T REAL ANYWAYS! And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how a debate is started within a debate.

Axolotls avatar Axolotl Yeah You Are +23Reply
@1305702

It's funny because even though you're being sarcastic, that is your actual belief.

@1305779

Matthew 19:4 is a good one. Also, in the NIV translation, I find Matthew 23:14 to be a really good verse in arguments such as that.

YOU CAN'T START AN ARGUMENT THAT WAY! THAT'S BS!

I love the irony of how this post actually started semi-serious debates that were hidden under the guise of being facetious. Hehhehheh...

DictatorCourtneys avatar DictatorCourtney Yeah You Are +10Reply

Why are there so many people yelling in these comments...?

ABORTION IS MURDER

People should have the ability to choose what they want when it doesn't affect anyone other than them. Such examples would be marrying who they want and having an abortion. I get that people think they are wrong, but where do they find the nerve to think they have the final say in someone else's life?

vitaminbs avatar vitaminb Yeah You Are +6Reply

...abortion

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Wynaut ...abortion

hey, fuck you!

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Serg hey, fuck you!

How dare you plagiarize Cee-lo Green!

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Wynaut How dare you plagiarize Cee-lo Green!

How dare you mention someone I don't know?!

Sergs avatar Serg Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Serg How dare you mention someone I don't know?!

...wait. You don't know Cee-lo? You know, the song "Forget you"?

Wynauts avatar Wynaut Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Serg what does this have to do with abortion?

No no... It has to do with your first comment to my abortion comment... I don't even...just google Cee-Lo

A LESBIAN CAN'T GET AN ABORTION! THAT'S DOUBLE WRONG!

@LyssaBlau A LESBIAN CAN'T GET AN ABORTION! THAT'S DOUBLE WRONG!

It is, 'cause why would a lesbian be pregnant in the first place? O.o

Laconsuolas avatar Laconsuola Yeah You Are +6Reply
@LyssaBlau Lesbians can and do get pregnant.

I know they can and do, but if she's getting an abortion then obviously she didn't want to be. Since she's a lesbian, it wouldn't happen by accident unless she was raped.

Laconsuolas avatar Laconsuola Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Laconsuola *be pregnant

Lesbians can willingly get pregnant. That's why there is a sperm bank.

@OnebadWhiteKid Lesbians can willingly get pregnant. That's why there is a sperm bank.

But the point is that if a lesbian went out and got pregnant by going through the process of getting artificially inseminated, why in the hell would she get an abortion?

Thatbitchs avatar Thatbitch Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Thatbitch But the point is that if a lesbian went out and got pregnant by going through the process of getting artificially...

Second thoughts on a baby? I agree though, getting pregnant artificially and then getting an abortion would be really stupid.

Also the "People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce" question on the Political Compass test started a couple arguments the other day.

528491s avatar 528491 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@528491 Also the "People with serious inheritable disabilities should not be allowed to reproduce" question on the...

Should they be allowed to? Yes. Should they with the knowledge that their children will be miserable? Probably not.

DontJudges avatar DontJudge Yeah You Are +3Reply
@DontJudge Should they be allowed to? Yes. Should they with the knowledge that their children will be miserable? Probably not.

I think they're saying that the person should be able to decide whether or not to, and they feel the right choice would be to not have kids.

GAY RIGHTS!

TheycallmeStans avatar TheycallmeStan Yeah You Are 0Reply

YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO KILL THE BABY THAT YOU ARE BEARING, EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE TOO DUMB TO USE CONTRACEPTIVES. IT DOESN'T MATTER, BECAUSE THE BABY ISN'T BORN YET.

HAHAHAHAHAHA GAYS ARE GAY

@HAHAHAHAHAHA GAYS ARE GAY

yeah.... hence the name gays

Usually not gay rights anymore. Thankfully. Now the healthcare bill......