+291

When Aang dies, therecan only be three more avatars, since there won't be any more airbenders to become an avatar. What happens then? amirite?

Resokus avatar
5 70
The voters have decided that Resoku is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

If he has kids then they will be airbenders

@If he has kids then they will be airbenders

I thought of that. But what if he either doesn't have children or his children aren't airbenders? There aren't any other airbenders left to reproduce with, and there's no guarantee that his children would even be benders. Not everyone in each of the nations are benders.
Would the world fall into chaos and self destruction with no avatar to keep the peace?

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Resoku I thought of that. But what if he either doesn't have children or his children aren't airbenders? There aren't any...

Actually I was watching those Avatar extras, and it said that all Air Nomads are airbenders. But we don't really know how it works if he had children with someone from another nation.

@stephayyy Actually I was watching those Avatar extras, and it said that all Air Nomads are airbenders. But we don't really...

I didn't know that. Good to know. But still. He would have to produce benders from another nation so it's iffy what kind of bender they'd be, if at all.

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Resoku I didn't know that. Good to know. But still. He would have to produce benders from another nation so it's iffy what...

Yeah, they never talked about anything like that on the show, like if two benders from different nations had children, could the children bend at all?

@stephayyy Yeah, they never talked about anything like that on the show, like if two benders from different nations had...

Maybe they'd be hybrid benders, like earth/fire benders. That'd be so cool. Although it'd be a lot less cool with an air/whatever hybrid since air wouldn't really add anything that the other element couldn't already do.

@kodabear911 Maybe they'd be hybrid benders, like earth/fire benders. That'd be so cool. Although it'd be a lot less cool with...

I thought of this. The avatar is the only bender who can control all four elements. But does that mean there could be benders out there who can bend two or even three elements? So many questions!

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Resoku I thought of this. The avatar is the only bender who can control all four elements. But does that mean there could...

Does anyone remember that Zuko's great-grandfather was Roku? Roku was orginally a firebender, and his sons were firebenders, so maybe it'll work the same way for Aang.

@Yep, Roku was an Avatar

i know that. but was'nt zuko's grandfather Sozin?not roku?

@Elmo7 i know that. but was'nt zuko's grandfather Sozin?not roku?

Yes. And zukos great grandfather was roku. Roku fathered sozin who fathered ozai who fathered zuko.

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Resoku Yes. And zukos great grandfather was roku. Roku fathered sozin who fathered ozai who fathered zuko.

oh wait i remember now, roku didnt father sozin, roku was zuko's grandfather from his mom's side and sozin was zuko's grandfather from his dad's side(Ozai)

Well, Aang had a son with Katara in the spin-off, and he can only bend air, not water or anything else. Maybe Airbenders have stronger genes than waterbenders? Might be possible, because if all air nomads are benders they gotta have some strong bending genes, and it's likely a dominant trait.

They are actually making a new season of Avatar with a chick Avatar...Aang will train her in Airbending

@KayKay_Macabre They are actually making a new season of Avatar with a chick Avatar...Aang will train her in Airbending

That would be impossible, because the next Avatar is born when the current one dies, so the next Avatar will be borm when Aang dies.

@stephayyy That would be impossible, because the next Avatar is born when the current one dies, so the next Avatar will be...

Haha, yeah no kidding. Plus, they learn to bend air, they have the scrolls, they don't need any other air benders.

@JessicaEveleigh Haha, yeah no kidding. Plus, they learn to bend air, they have the scrolls, they don't need any other air benders.

Exactly. Us avatar nerds know how it works. Although it does help for them to have a master, that would be impossible since Aang would be dead.

@stephayyy Exactly. Us avatar nerds know how it works. Although it does help for them to have a master, that would be...

Yes, I hate how it left you hanging -- like with the to be continued. It's like, I payed to see this, now I have to wait like, a year + and then pay again? I'd rather just see all of it at once (: I liked it.

@JessicaEveleigh Yes, I hate how it left you hanging -- like with the to be continued. It's like, I payed to see this, now I have to...

Yeah I think the movie was pretty good, but I mainly know all this stuff from the show. I don't understand why some people absolutely hated the movie and said it ruined the show. Sure, they changed it a little bit, but I wouldn't want to just see the cartoon acted out.

@stephayyy Yeah I think the movie was pretty good, but I mainly know all this stuff from the show. I don't understand why some...

The acting was subpar and there were some really unnecessary camera angles and zooms, the casting was too far from the show, mainly with the fire nation. They should've kept the fire nation oriental instead of middle eastern/Indian. Irho wasn't even fat and jolly like he should've been!

But I still enjoyed it. If Peter Jackson had directed it, it wouldve been amazing. Shyalaman just doesn't make movies I like. =\

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Resoku The acting was subpar and there were some really unnecessary camera angles and zooms, the casting was too far from...

I agree, it wasn't the greatest movie, but it was still enjoyable. It was probably better for people who didn't watch the show, because they wouldn't notice all the changes. What really bugged me was the changes in name pronunciations.

@stephayyy I agree, it wasn't the greatest movie, but it was still enjoyable. It was probably better for people who didn't...

Yeah. I had only seen a few episodes from the first season before I saw the movie, but after I saw the movie I went back and watched the entire series. It's definitely better for those who hadn't seen the show. And it had great potential. I just wish it was done better. Or by anyone other than shyalaman. >.<

@Resoku Yeah. I had only seen a few episodes from the first season before I saw the movie, but after I saw the movie I went...

Yeah I was so excited when I heard about the movie, then I found out who was directing it. Haha

@447977 (JessicaEveleigh): I feel that I should add, people weren't always benders. They leraned from sky bison. Unfortunatelly, unless Sky Bison somehow repopulate, there's no way for humans to learn air bending again wihtout the scrolls. (If the air nomads ever die out, that is.)

@stephayyy *born. Sorry I'm on my ipod.

hes going to teach her in spirit form, like how aang could talk to previous avatars

@disrite hes going to teach her in spirit form, like how aang could talk to previous avatars

Okay I guess that's possible, but they can't actually bend in the spirit world.

@stephayyy Okay I guess that's possible, but they can't actually bend in the spirit world.

ya but he can show her the ways.......plus aang and katara are going to have a kid and the kid will be able to teach the new avatar.....the kid isnt going to be the avatar because aang will still be around

@disrite ya but he can show her the ways.......plus aang and katara are going to have a kid and the kid will be able to...

that's what the creators said they were going to do. aang and katara are going to have a kid, and that kid will be an airbender who teaches the new girl avatar.

Avatar Aang and Katara have a kid, and he is the girls Airbending teacher

Aang and Katara have an airbending kid.

Tom_Riddles avatar Tom_Riddle Yeah You Are +5Reply

Fuck, I don't want a new series! Nor a girl Avatar! I want more of Aang, Soka, and Katara's adventures while they ride Appa!

@Fuck, I don't want a new series! Nor a girl Avatar! I want more of Aang, Soka, and Katara's adventures while they...

@443@448997 (Your+name+(optional)): its a mini series 12 episodes each 15 minutes.

and appa might still be alive.

@lyenlion @443@448997 (Your+name+(optional)): its a mini series 12 episodes each 15 minutes. and appa might still be alive.

Unfortunately, I doubt it. The creators said that all the opriginal cast of Avatar is dead (which is weird, because powerful benders tend to live longer).
They wouldn't be traveling anyway, because it takes place in one city.

Te only way the cycle can continue is if Aang produces more airbenders. There will be three generations for the airbenders to repopulate, but if Aang doesn't produce any, then what happens?

Resokus avatar Resoku Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Resoku Te only way the cycle can continue is if Aang produces more airbenders. There will be three generations for the...

Aang has a son in the future and he's teaching the next avatar airbending. His name is Tenzin. :)

well this is interesting, because katara taught herself a lot of waterbending because there were no teachers in her village, and she figured out a lot of stuff on her own.
so maybe the next avatar could just wing it.

if you look like a duck and talk like a duck then you are probably a duck.

It already happened 0.o welcome to the great nations 3,000 yeears later (dum dum DUM)

I don't know why. But I didn't even think about the three avatars that need to learn airbending after Aang. I was just thinking of the next airbender avatar. x.x

This intrigues me more than it should.

If Aang is truly the last airbender, then wouldn't the avatar cycle end?

@If Aang is truly the last airbender, then wouldn't the avatar cycle end?

That's what I'm getting at. So although Aang valiantly came back and saved the world from destruction by the Phoenix king, will it be all for naught when he dies? He need to make a bunch of airbending babies with Katara dammit!

Well, the Avatar cycle is Fire, Air, Water, Earth. SInce the Avatar before Aang was Fire, and he is air that means the next Avatar would be Waterbending, therefore, if Aang dies then Katara could teach the water bending, but the newest Avatar would still need to learn Airbending. So idk how they're going to get this new series to work.

they could just be a shitty airbender if aang didn't have kids

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are +2Reply

If Aang has a child with Katara, there's a strong chance that child would be an airbender. If that airbending child grew up and had a child with his wife, that child could be an airbender. Therefore, the airbending society would begin to grow and grow as more airbending children were born.

That is probably how airbenders came back.

@If Aang has a child with Katara, there's a strong chance that child would be an airbender. If that airbending child...

They would all have to have spouses from outside the air kingdom unless they were cool with incest (since they all came from Aang)

What'll probably happen is, Aang's son grows up and has kids with someone from another nation, they'll become airbenders, and the chain will continue. If all the airbenders die, they can learn airbending again, from scrolls, or maybe an airbending animal, like how the first airbenders learned from flying bison.

Well, if aang could learn to take away Ozai's firebending, doesnt that mean there's a possibility that aang (or someone else in contact with a giant lion-turtle) could then impart the ability to bend to non-benders??

I think the new female Avatar 9set 100 years in the future) who'll be trained by Aang is named Kira.. Kari.. Koru? Something like that.

We all die.

@DaleksInWonderland We all die.

You win the post. >.<

Oh and they hang with Momo too!

The new series is set 70 years after Ozai's fall. So it wouldn't make sense for Zuko, Sokka, Katara and the rest of the teenagers (except Aang) to be dead...they'd only be 80-something...I hope we find out where Ursa was.

Well according to my research the air bending gene is a recessive one and the only way he can make an air bending baby is if he meets another person who has only one recessive air bending gene( since no more air benders) and they reproduce until there is another air bender

@Well according to my research the air bending gene is a recessive one and the only way he can make an air bending...

Well, this is just a guess, but considering that all air nomads are air benders, that would mean it's more dominant than the other benders genes, because not everyone in a firenation or water or earth family is a bender. There was even a set of twins in the series, and only one of them was an earthbender. So, if the air bending gene is dominant enough, to be passed to every single person in the air nomads, but fire earth and water bending aren't, I'm assuming it's the strongest of the three.