+432

Bassists are the most underappreciated part of bands, amirite?

armtheangelss avatar Music
2 15
The voters have decided that armtheangels is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

SO TRUE!
My band and I did a Bon Jovi song at a gig. A bunch of girls came up to me after and said 'OMG you're the Bon Jovi guy! That was SO awesome'.
And I said 'Yeah, and this was the bassist.' and pointed to my friend. They just looked at him, said 'cool', then walked away.

canadianspunges avatar canadianspunge Yeah You Are +4Reply

What about drummers? Most people I know appreciate bass A LOT more than drums...

@713466

Same here. I play bass and I feel very unappecriated but it's part of the job description

@RemyHemingway Same here. I play bass and I feel very unappecriated but it's part of the job description

@713502 (link_aang_wolverine): Really? In a lot of rock bands, the drummer is the most expendable member of the band. There;s an old saying: "What's the last thing a drummer says in a band? How about we play one of my songs?"

@shorkian Oh, that makes sense. I could never be in a band with my family.

Most of the time it works, and the other members are all good friends, so it's fine

Finally someone understands. But the cool part of being the bassist in an orchestra is that you stand out the most-considering you're standing in the middle of everyone's view holding a bigass instrument.

JellyBlocks avatar JellyBlock Yeah You Are 0Reply

If you actually pay attention to bass it's pretty awesome so I agree. I play guitar and bass, and I happen to be very attracted to this one bass player friend of mine. He's the one who got me to appreciate bass more in the first place, and gave me my current bass. :)

HannahFOObabys avatar HannahFOObaby Yeah You Are 0Reply

Thankyou!

Well some bass players now a days just stick to the root note of the chord the guitar player is playing so yes they do go unappreciated. But players like john Paul Jones, flea, and geezer butler will never be forgotten

Bassist is usually the sexiest member of the band.
Just sayin.

@Bassist is usually the sexiest member of the band. Just sayin.

Oh yes...Mike Dirnt...Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yum yum :P