+285

They need to go back to teaching basic things like changing a tire in school. amirite?

Kurrainettes avatar
0 18
The voters have decided that Kurrainette is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Thatd be awesome if they had a "general knowledge" course where you did all of that, and learned basic survival techbiques unless you become stranded, or what have you.

My (all girls) school makes us take this class where we learn how to cook in the kitchen and take care of babies. That is literally all that id done in that class.

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Tell me more about these techbiques...

Well, Anon, if I knew what a "techbique" was, I'd tell you.

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are +1Reply
@(I'm mocking your spelling error)

(I was being sarcastic)

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sexy (I was being sarcastic)

(you didn't use the proper font for it)

@(you didn't use the proper font for it)

(I haven't figured out how to do that yet, sadly)

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sexy (I haven't figured out how to do that yet, sadly)

(neither have I, it's an elusive creature.

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sexy (It's very well hidden)

(probably in the Bermuda triangle.)

@(probably in the Bermuda triangle.)

Amelia Earhart's probably out there typing in italics and bold letters. Lucky biatch

Sexys avatar Sexy Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Sexy Amelia Earhart's probably out there typing in italics and bold letters. Lucky biatch

I never liked her anyway... Always flying places and never coming back.. She could at least call.

My school had a Tech Ed class where we took 7-day modules on various subjects. There wasn't time for us to do all of them so they were randomly assigned by a computer. One of them was Basic Household Repairs and the students did things like disassemble and reassemble the piping beneath a sink, but I didn't get to take it. I did get Photography, Audio Broadcasting, Weather Forecast, Wood shop, and Forensics, although I don't think any of those will be particularly useful in real life. Not unless a serial killer breaks into my friend's darkroom on a rainy night and leaves behind a tape recorder with hints about a murder he committed in a carpentry shed and I have to go play Miss Marple, anyway.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +6Reply
@FlyingGuineaPig My school had a Tech Ed class where we took 7-day modules on various subjects. There wasn't time for us to do all...

It's not really all that hard to do basic household repairs. I've done quite a few by myself without any prior knowledge of how the things work, just paying attention to what hours where and what looks out of place. I've done plumbing, electrical work, basic construction and fabrication.. Right now, I'm rebuilding a broken recliner chair. I don't really see how taking a class is necessary for things like these. But that's just me.

Also, your school sounds crazy awesome.

@*what goes where Sorry.

how do you substitute goes with hours? this is a humorous occurrence to me.

lilypops avatar lilypop Yeah You Are 0Reply