+467

No one can be 'OCD'. That stands for obsessive-compulsive disorder, and a person can't be a disorder. They are simply being obsessive-compulsive. You also cannot be 'really OCD' about something. And no, you don't 'totally have OCD' because of a couple of idiosyncrasies. amirite?

5 19

However, without having OCD, I still am OC at times.

No need to get your panties in a bunch, it's a phrase that has strayed from it's original meaning a little bit. Not a big deal, there are tons of them. Deep breaths now.

@CapedCrusader No need to get your panties in a bunch, it's a phrase that has strayed from it's original meaning a little bit. Not...

Yeah, but it's kind of insulting to the people who actually struggle with a debilitating disorder to be saying that casually...

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Rainbow35 Yeah, but it's kind of insulting to the people who actually struggle with a debilitating disorder to be saying that...

I hate to be mean and blunt, but get over it. If you want to be successful and happy, you have to learn to laugh at your faults. If they freak out when someone uses "OCD" and it's not perfectly correct, they need to learn how to get over it.

THANK YOU. It's so annoying when people think they're OCD for straightening a painting or keeping their books in alphabetical order. That's a quirk, not an obsessive-compulsive habit that gets in the way of your functioning normally.

monstrositys avatar monstrosity Yeah You Are +8Reply

It's fine to say "he's OCD"; professional psychologists use it all the time in casual conversation.

This was annoying.

To the people that say "I'm OCD" it is rather insulting. I have debilitating obsessive compulsive disorder that has made normal life impossible because of both my obsessions and compulsions. I take personal offense when people say "I'm OCD". No you're not, you can function in normal situations, don't go to therapy daily and have never stayed in a psych ward.

It's called hyperbole. It happens.

Amen.

I have OC moments ocasionally, but i always say i'm really organized or something.

litapd311s avatar litapd311 Yeah You Are 0Reply

I actually have OCD, and I couldn't give a fuck, really(:

That came out a tad wrong. To avoid confusion, I mean that I don't give a fuck about people saying those kinds of things. Not that I don't care about the disorder, which obviously wouldn't make sense, considering it's made life a million times more difficult.

me confuzed. big wrds.