+259

Seriously, why are men considered the stronger sex? Women go through everything from childbirth to hair and make up, and all the average man has to worry about is pulling out, amirite?

Lizzys avatar
4 89
The voters have decided that Lizzy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Oh boy, hair and make up, what a cruel world!

Uh-oh, you started a "Who is superior" post... be ready for the insults and complaints!

Iamrite23s avatar Iamrite23 Yeah You Are +32Reply
@Lizzy I'm waiting for it. x)

Heh, I'll enjoy the show :p

Iamrite23s avatar Iamrite23 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Iamrite23 Heh, I'll enjoy the show :p

Seriously, I got the notification about a comment, misread your name, and was like, "DAMMMMMMN. So controversial there's already 23 comments?!"

Lizzys avatar Lizzy Yeah You Are +8Reply

Whatever happened to equality? I thought this debate ended in 1920. Let's move on people!

@Lkun Whatever happened to equality? I thought this debate ended in 1920. Let's move on people!

When you give women equality the power gets to them and they just keep going until all the men are in prison cells and being used for manual labor and sex.

@Tacomuncher When you give women equality the power gets to them and they just keep going until all the men are in prison cells...

Men and women have different roles. Deal with it. It's natural, that's why there are genders.

Right on! All they do in the present is say "rape" and boom. Men either in trouble or destroyed reputation, whether the man really did it or not.

I wish people would quit debating over this kind of shit. :/
Like, each gender has shit to deal with, and we can't say which is worse, because we haven't experienced the other side of it.
There's probably more to it than you think.

@447399

Yeah, genetically we are stronger on average.

And as far as "going through hair and make-up"? What a joke. You don't HAVE to use make-up or take like 19 hours to make your hair look perfect. So not only are we stronger physically, but also mentally because we aren't impaired by being so ridiculously and unnecessarily self-conscious.

@qwerty123 Yeah, genetically we are stronger on average. And as far as "going through hair and make-up"? What a joke. You...

The majority of guys are physically stronger than girls, but there are a few who are actually weaker. And mentally I'd say girls are often just as smart if not smarter. In most of my honors classes the ration of boys to girls is 3:10. And even the girls who are "impaired by being so ridiculously and unnecessarily self-concious" can be smart. I'm not saying girls are better than guys, but guys aren't better than girls either.

Everything you listed is a woman's own choice. Dumbass.

Some of us are manly enough to wait until marriage. But are you kidding? Take the average.. Heck take a strong women (not umbridge, though, that's cheating) and an average man, and let them dish it out. As long as she doesn't kick him in the nuts, she would lose, every time. We just are stronger. We just are.

@scrantoncity Some of us are manly enough to wait until marriage. But are you kidding? Take the average.. Heck take a strong...

Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Men are stronger, in most cases, physically, but when it comes to things that, naturally, women have to go through, and are expected to go through, we have more to worry about.

Lizzys avatar Lizzy Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Lizzy Maybe I should have phrased it differently. Men are stronger, in most cases, physically, but when it comes to...

Naturally. Like periods? Pregnancy? Do you see dogs complaining? Men are "considered the stronger sex" because we are stronger. Just because you endure pain doesn't mean men couldn't endure it also. Thus, I voted no way.

@scrantoncity Naturally. Like periods? Pregnancy? Do you see dogs complaining? Men are "considered the stronger sex" because we...

agreed 100% we don't have the opportunity to go through the shit that women go through, so you really can't say that because you have no proof whatsoever.

mark_s avatar mark_ No Way +6Reply

As a girl, I actually have to agree with scrantoncity here. Guys just have a stronger build for survival purposes. Girls were meant to be mothers. It's how nature created us. But I will agree, girls go through more monthly pain then guys.

@Deadpool As a girl, I actually have to agree with scrantoncity here. Guys just have a stronger build for survival purposes...

Nature can't create anything. Dumbass, look up the laws of thermodynamics and about biogenesis. Impossible and illogical and stupid, there has to be a creator.

@Nature can't create anything. Dumbass, look up the laws of thermodynamics and about biogenesis. Impossible and...

That's basically what I mean by nature. Whatever natural cause created us, that's what I mean. And I think it depends on your beliefs.

Women have to deal with hair. Apparantly that makes them stronger

donpatchs avatar donpatch No Way +14Reply

How does having to deal with hair and makeup make us stronger?

OMG not the makeup. by far. hardest. part. of. life.

All men aren't stronger than all women, and all women aren't stronger than all men. Some women are stronger than some men, and some women are weaker than some men. It depends on the two people involved, not the two genders.

@I guarantee more men are stronger than women. Many more. Only few are exceptions.

I think there are quite a bit more than a few exceptions. For example, at my high school, we do a test on upperbody strength in which you have to hold yourself above a bar for however long you can. The highest time for a guy? 20 seconds. The highest time for a girl (which happens to have been my time)? 50 seconds. Other girls had times of 30 seconds, 28, 25, and 20. Like I said, it depends on who your dealing with.

@hpfanatic77 I think there are quite a bit more than a few exceptions. For example, at my high school, we do a test on...

First off, I'd like to point out the difference in masses between men and women. Secondly, any anecdotal evidence is useless. You're an idiot if you're so arrogant to believe that women are equally as physically strong as men. Absolutely arrogant.

@scrantoncity First off, I'd like to point out the difference in masses between men and women. Secondly, any anecdotal evidence...

Oh yes, because those were my words exactly. No. Nice try, though. The point I’m trying to make is that there are some women who are stronger than some men, and there are some men who are stronger than some women. It depends on who you are, and how strong you are. I’m not saying all women are stronger, or even equally as strong, as all men, I’m trying to say that it’s really arrogant for men to assume they’re stronger than someone just because she’s a female.

@hpfanatic77 Oh yes, because those were my words exactly. No. Nice try, though. The point I’m trying to make is that there...

Right. But with your anecdotal evidence, you implied that most women were stronger than men, which isn't true at all. I'd say about 80-90% of the time, men are stronger. You said there's "more than a few exceptions," and I'd argue that there isn't.

And it isn't arrogant at all, because there's about a 90% chance that's true.

@scrantoncity Right. But with your anecdotal evidence, you implied that most women were stronger than men, which isn't true at...

I wasn’t using anecdotal evidence to prove all women are stronger than men, I was using it to prove that not all women are weaker than men, and it’s not “just a few” like you believe. By the way, made up statistics are just as useless as anecdotal evidence. It doesn’t matter that you say men are stronger 80-90% of the time, because that’s an opinion.

@hpfanatic77 I wasn’t using anecdotal evidence to prove all women are stronger than men, I was using it to prove that not all...

Nobody ever said every man is stronger than every woman. You're arguing an uncontested point. He only said that most men are stronger, which is true. Unless you'd like to contest that, and insist women are physically stronger?

@scrantoncity Nobody ever said every man is stronger than every woman. You're arguing an uncontested point. He only said that...

What I’m insisting is that it’s unfair to make broad comparisons, such as “men” to women”. If you want to make a comparison, you make a direct one between two specific people. It’s unfair to just say “most women are weaker than men” when there a plenty of women who have worked hard for the right to say they are just as strong as men. Actually, it’s not just unfair; it’s ignorant.

@hpfanatic77 What I’m insisting is that it’s unfair to make broad comparisons, such as “men” to women”. If you want...

I'm pretty sure you're attesting that, because a very select few of women can compete physically with men, all should be considered as strong? Uh... No. Nobody has ever said that women can't, or aren't, as strong as men. However, IN GENERAL, women are weaker than guys. This is simple. I'd like to see the average woman compete in football at even the high-school level. Also, have you noticed that even pro-athletes, women aren't as physically capable? Come now, don't insist that women in general are as strong as men.

@scrantoncity I'm pretty sure you're attesting that, because a very select few of women can compete physically with men, all...

Did I ever insist that they were "in general"? No. Actually, I believe I just said people shouldn't make "in general" statements. And of course I'm not talking about professional athletes, I'm talking about everyday people. And by the way, there are plenty of girls on high school football teams, so if you really want to see that it won't be hard. On another note, we have very different opinions, and if you're as stubborn as I am, this could go on all night. So, let's just end this now by saying you have your opinion and I have mine, however different they may be.

@hpfanatic77 Did I ever insist that they were "in general"? No. Actually, I believe I just said people shouldn't make "in...

This has nothing to do with opinions. This is about facts. Anatomically, women simply lack the physique bestowed upon men. It's simple fact. Women aren't as physically strong. In general. If you contest this, I implore you to try to become a professional athlete in a men's sport. How come there aren't any pro female football players?

@scrantoncity This has nothing to do with opinions. This is about facts. Anatomically, women simply lack the physique bestowed...

Who knows, maybe someday there will be. Anatomically, men are capable of being much stronger than women, but that doesn't mean it's true for every man and every woman. Do you think a man who doesn't work out whatsoever is stronger than a woman who does? It all comes down to specifics, and not making "in general" statements.

@hpfanatic77 Who knows, maybe someday there will be. Anatomically, men are capable of being much stronger than women, but that...

ono smilie No, it really doesn't. Once again, the average man is stronger than the average woman. Sure, there are exceptions, like the one you proposed, which still might not be true, but men are stronger than women NOW, not in some hypothetical future you propose.

Do you honestly believe that "in general" women are stronger?

@hpfanatic77 I don't make "in general" statements.

Ah, because if you did you wouldn't have an argument, right?

@scrantoncity Ah, because if you did you wouldn't have an argument, right?

Actually, I would. My initial argument was never that women are stronger than men, it was not all men are stronger than all women.

@hpfanatic77 Actually, I would. My initial argument was never that women are stronger than men, it was not all men are stronger...

Then whom are you contesting with your initial argument? Not anyone on this post, for sure. Tell me whom you're contesting.

Since when do men not have to deal with hair...All men are bald???

guys could def take any shit that women take, we just don't have the opportunity to prove it..
and also male sea horses give birth
and yes, half the girls that work at mcdonalds, where I work
(I'm 15, so no need ot judge) can't even lift the box of fries.

mark_s avatar mark_ No Way +7Reply

women get a natural pain killer, i believe its endorphins, it might be a different chemical, but there actually is not a lot of pain. and if you think doing your make up makes you strong, im sorry but thats pretty funny.

Why is hair and makeup something that's hard to go through?

you don't need make up so therefore stfu. and omg you have to deal with hair oh noez!

Because when i think about strength i think about how hard it is to apply make-up and straighten hair.

Woman choose to do hair and makeup as well as being pregnant.. this would be a better post if you said things they involunteerantly endured.

@mac13 Woman choose to do hair and makeup as well as being pregnant.. this would be a better post if you said things they...

well i guess before someone says it ''rape'' then again not a huge percentage that get raped end up with pregnancy

That's not strength, that's more pain for you. Idiot. Hair and makeup? Strong? WTF

Please don't complain about having to do your hair and makeup. It makes us women look bad. You don't have to do it, so stfu!

It's not like we HAVE to wear makeup. I mean, i don't. Most girls i meet look like racoons. And if your period pains are THAT BAD- Then you need to try to eat more healthier and look up some tips online. It's not that hard as us girls make it out to be. Hair? Well.. doesn't that count for guys as well?

I'm pretty damn sure guys have it rough too. I've never been one (and nor do i WANT to be one.) so i can't say much though.

@Tacomuncher Just never kick a guy in the testicles, please for the love of God never do it.

Trust me.. i haven't.
But i did ask my guy friend what it felt like. He said it was a bad tingling sensation. O.o

Because we can do more push ups.

I'm sorry, where is the data that says "men that go through childbirth can't take it like women can"?

@thatguys I'm sorry, where is the data that says "men that go through childbirth can't take it like women can"?

you are right but we will never know because the bodies are built different so for males it would probaly be have to have a c-section or something on those lines

I think the reason why this post has so many more YYAs is because the majority of users here are your typical teenage girls.

@966663

No... women are not emotionally stronger, they are the ones who cry all the time? You don't see guys tearing up over a sad film....

@966663

idk my sister acts like she is having a PMS every other day, always freaking out over some shit.

mark_s avatar mark_ No Way +4Reply

well since this is a man's world that might be it

@stepdom well since this is a man's world that might be it

but what good's a man's world without a woman by his side?

@hpfanatic77 but what good's a man's world without a woman by his side?

when did the world have a gender let alone other worlds that are apparently female?The saying ''it's a man's world'' means that the world is in favor of men.

OH NO
WEARING MAKE UP
THAT IS WAY WORSE THAT WORKING FOR MANY HOURS A DAY AND GOING THROUGH THE STRESS OF HOLDING UP A FAMILY

Anyways, back when we were cave men guess what happened.
The MEN hunted for animals and protected the family.
The WOMEN probably cooked it.
The CHILDREN ate it.

Wow there's a lot of bitching today there's a post right above this about periods

The controversy, it makes my head ache.

Do you see us screaming when we pull out? Of course you don't, that's real strength.

I AM 12 AND WHAT'S A VIRGINIA?! o____0

Without Adam's dick that went into Eve's virgina and without Eve's eggsack and without Adam's sperm none of us would be here right now. Adam and Eve both had their parts in life which made them a whole also equals. So either way women and men ARE equals. Even if the men may be the physical part of the relationship that makes the women the brains of the relationship ( most of the times in some relationships its backwards 0_o)anyways without either of those components ( adam's dick ,Eve's virgina, Adam's sperm, and Eve's eggsack) we wouldnt even be alive so women take time to praise the men and men take time to praise the women =)

women are emotionally stronger? Haha. They can't even control their emotions.

All you have to do is shut up and take it. Men are considered superior because we have better muscle development. Now, if you were a bodybuilder then I can understand where you are coming from. But, I know you aren't, don't try to act like you are. You are annoying, you don't need to ask tis question because it's easy. Men are considered superior because they have always been considered superior. They always will be, don't be annoying and ask questions like this. Every woman who sees it will agree with you, every man will disagree with you. It's that easy.