+1,535

You used to bounce on net-less trampolines, climb trees without supervision, sleep on the top bunk with no rail, eat food without washing your hands after being outside, swim without floaties, be in the car with no kiddie-lock, and play soccer in your street, and you grew up fine, amirite?

Annabels avatar
48 11
The voters have decided that Annabel is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

And we're all the better for it. At least we got to learn our limits rather than having them set for us

Bitzinators avatar Bitzinator Yeah You Are +19Reply

I HATED my floaties. Everytime my parents turned their backs, I took them off. Never had a bunk bed, but once I did fall off a net-less trampoline. It was AWESOME. I miss my childhood.

Mel_Bells avatar Mel_Bell Yeah You Are +9Reply

I swam with floaties and didn't play soccer in the street, but honestly? What's wrong with letting your kid get a little hurt?

I had a bunk bed without a rail and I was fine. But then I got one with a rail and I fell off trying to reach for a balloon. So its better without limits.

My mom is super-duper-protective of anything small and defenseless, so i never got to do any of this :/

I'm gonna let my kids do all of these things except running in the streets. That's where I draw the line.

Exactly! If kids get hurt doing something, then they'll learn from their mistakes and know not to do it again.

I loved climbing trees! That was how I spent most of my weekends when I was a kid.

Aeriths avatar Aerith Yeah You Are +4Reply

Yeah, damn straight! Except for the floaties and the bunk bed. But it wouldn't kill them!

YES! I agree! Kids should have freedom.... :) But we need some freedom too, right?