-184

It's offensive that the very people who destroyed the Twin Towers and murdered thousands of Americans, now want to build a mosque on top of them, amirite?

BitchWhores avatar
10 343
The voters have decided that BitchWhore is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They aren't the same people, asshole.

@killingfireflies They aren't the same people, asshole.

the terrorists who blew up the Twin Towers were muslims, who are the same people who want to build the mosque.

BitchWhores avatar BitchWhore Yeah You Are -48Reply
@BitchWhore the terrorists who blew up the Twin Towers were muslims, who are the same people who want to build the mosque.

But not all Muslims are terrorists, and I find it incredibly close-minded and obnoxious when people assume that.

@killingfireflies But not all Muslims are terrorists, and I find it incredibly close-minded and obnoxious when people assume that.

not all Muslims are terrorists, you're correct, but most terrorists are Muslims. that is the unarguable fact.

Pot_heads avatar Pot_head Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Pot_head not all Muslims are terrorists, you're correct, but most terrorists are Muslims. that is the unarguable fact.

I'm pretty sure you learned the difference between fact and opinion in maybe the third grade? That is an opinion darling.

@sarrsberry I'm pretty sure you learned the difference between fact and opinion in maybe the third grade? That is an opinion...

ask any american to desccribe a terrorist and 3 out of 4 people will say something relating to muslims.
that fact enough for you?

Pot_heads avatar Pot_head Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Pot_head ask any american to desccribe a terrorist and 3 out of 4 people will say something relating to muslims. that fact...

No, and that's also an opinion. Also, two in four Americans cannot properly indentify the country from which we gained our independence. It saddens me but our nation is not exactly home to the brightest in all cases..

@sarrsberry No, and that's also an opinion. Also, two in four Americans cannot properly indentify the country from which we...

two in four? you mean one in two. simplify honey. don't call people done when you go and make mistakes too. :)

@Pot_head two in four? you mean one in two. simplify honey. don't call people done when you go and make mistakes too. :)

Didn't catch that, that's irrelevant, but if my math skills take you off course that easily than I guess you have nothing else to say.. Good day.

@sarrsberry Didn't catch that, that's irrelevant, but if my math skills take you off course that easily than I guess you have...

pretty sure you started talking about gaining our independence when this post is about muslims.. that's perfectly relavent.

Pot_heads avatar Pot_head Yeah You Are 0Reply

I think that if Christians were the ones who killed thousands of people with the Twin Towers incident, then it would be just as offensive if they wanted to build a church there.

AnnDeevas avatar AnnDeeva Yeah You Are +2Reply
@AnnDeeva I think that if Christians were the ones who killed thousands of people with the Twin Towers incident, then it...

Christians wouldn't kill thousands of innocent people. ever. get your facts straight.

allyballys avatar allybally Yeah You Are -33Reply
@allybally Christians wouldn't kill thousands of innocent people. ever. get your facts straight.

(allybally): you get your facts straight, muslims controlled palestine and were willing to share it with other worshipers of other religions. The pope brought upon centuries on wars and massacres on innocent people to gain exclusive access to the religious stronghold and to rich trade routes to the east. Their greed let to broken relations and religions tensions that carry over today, bringing the lives of tens of thousands to their graves for selfish gain and greed. So yeah get your facts straight before making emotional arguements that have no fact to it

sweetheart I think u forgot about the KKK
Then majority of the KKK were Christians(not trying to be offensive to any current christians ) and they killed thousand of people!

@sweetheart I think u forgot about the KKK Then majority of the KKK were Christians(not trying to be offensive to...

a REAL Christian doesn't. Judge Christians by their actions not what they say they are. All too often people who claim to be Christians are not and are tarnishing what would be, without them, a good reputation.

@a REAL Christian doesn't. Judge Christians by their actions not what they say they are. All too often people who...

Thank you. Thats exactly what i was trying to say, but it didn't come out right.

allyballys avatar allybally Yeah You Are -3Reply
@allybally Thank you. Thats exactly what i was trying to say, but it didn't come out right.

and that's what we're trying to say about muslims; they're not responsible for what a few extremists did.

Two words: The Crusades.

What was that if not the slaughter of thousands of people that did nothing wrong but worship God differently?

well, i mean, they did. you remember slavery? yeah. that was Christians.

"Christians wouldn't kill thousands of innocent people. ever. get your facts straight." You obviously haven't heard of the Bosnian genocide have you? That's when Bosnians wiped out hundreds of thousands of Muslims. How's about you step out of your cave once in a while..

allybally ur such a bitch you think christians r prefect and everything. Partly why they hate us is because of things we have done to them. im not saying they should blow up buildings but they have a reason to not like us.

@allybally ur such a bitch you think christians r prefect and everything. Partly why they hate us is because of...

how exactly does that make me a bitch? please let me know because i have no idea

allyballys avatar allybally Yeah You Are -2Reply

That's like assuming all christians are stupid. And you treat each one the same, as if they were stupid.

@That's like assuming all christians are stupid. And you treat each one the same, as if they were stupid.

Yes, but that isn't true. There is more evidence for Intelligent Design over irrational spontaneous life. I have no problem with a mosque anywhere in new york besides there.

scrantoncitys avatar scrantoncity Yeah You Are -3Reply

I'm pretty sure that the very people who destroyed the twin towers died in the resulting explosion. And it's not a mosque, it's a 13 story Islamic museum with ONE MULTI-RELIGIOUS prayer room.

@BitchWhore Ok, so an Islamic museum on what people who practiced Islam destroyed.

So what? There are 1.5 billion Muslims. Are you really enough of a jackass to judge all of them by the actions of 19 extremists?

@BreakfastFan So what? There are 1.5 billion Muslims. Are you really enough of a jackass to judge all of them by the actions of...

Finally, someone on this planet that is not thick-headed and researches what he hears from the media. Phew.

Osama Bin Laden is building a mosque? Great, now they can catch him!

Don't you hate it when a teacher assumes you were cheating because your friend was? Magnify that by like a billion, and thats probably how the Muslims feel about this topic

@onomatopoeia Don't you hate it when a teacher assumes you were cheating because your friend was? Magnify that by like a billion...

Don't you hate it when a group of people try to build a mosque to basically honor the people who killed so many innocent Americans?

It's not on top of them...
It's 3 NEW YORK CITY blocks away.

@Sarah It's not on top of them... It's 3 NEW YORK CITY blocks away.

2. Which still isn't much.
I'm all for religious freedom and I know not all Muslims are jihadists/violent, but it's still insensitive to build a mosque so close. Couldn't they build it a little farther away?

@2. Which still isn't much. I'm all for religious freedom and I know not all Muslims are jihadists/violent, but it's...

@456952 (Anonymous): It's not insensitive becaues people shouldnt be offended. Btw, there's a strip club even closer to ground zero and plans to build a mall on the actual land at ground zero so...

@soccerfan @456952 (Anonymous): It's not insensitive becaues people shouldnt be offended. Btw, there's a strip club even...

Let's put this in the perspective of someone who lost a loved one in 9/11, and I'll just use Christianity:
Let's say your loved one was at work, and then a plane crashed into the tower they worked at. The terrorists were Christian extremists who screamed, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I will kill all of these sinners!" THOUSANDS of people died, MILLIONS were affected. Then, some Christians decided, "Hey. Let's build a church 2 blocks away from the site of that attack, and open it on the anniversary of aforementioned attack!" You know that not all Christians are murdering extremists, but you'd still be offended, right?
It's the same concept.
I'm not saying the strip malls or malls are good and deserved to be built, but the mosque/"multicultural center" should not be built so close.

@Let's put this in the perspective of someone who lost a loved one in 9/11, and I'll just use Christianity: Let's...

You said that people know christians are not all murdering extremists but some people think all muslims are murdering extremists so its not the same

@450078

Liam
LIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMM
Liam
liam
LiAm
lIaM
Liam

hi hey hello

Do not make generalizations about a certain race or religion based on what a few extremists did. that is ignorance.

@sbader110 Do not make generalizations about a certain race or religion based on what a few extremists did. that is ignorance.

their religion states that they have to kill the infedels, which are us. i'm not making generalizations, i'm stating what they believe.

BitchWhores avatar BitchWhore Yeah You Are -24Reply
@bijan311 I don't know any Muslim that killed anybody, and I know a lot.

their religion states that they have to kill the infedels, which are the non-believers in islam, which are most of us

BitchWhores avatar BitchWhore Yeah You Are -20Reply
@BitchWhore their religion states that they have to kill the infedels, which are the non-believers in islam, which are most of us

Wow, what is wrong with you? Do you feel the need to make stuff up to support your opinion? In the Qu'ran it states that "A muslim is a believer that does not harm people with his tongue or his hand." So you basically cannot even speak harshly to anyone, without it being considered a sin.

@BitchWhore their religion states that they have to kill the infedels, which are us. i'm not making generalizations, i'm...

It also says in the Bible:

"If any man takes a wife, and goes in on her, and detests her, and charges her with shameful conduct, and brings a bad name on her, and says, 'I took this woman, and when I came to her I found she was not a virgin..." (Deuteronomy 22:13,14) "But if ... evidences of virginity are not found for the young woman, then they shall bring out the young woman to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her to death with stones..." (Deuteronomy 22:20,21)

My Grandmother threw a 5lb Bible at me when she found out I had slept with my boyfriend. I do not, however, believe that all Christians are bad people. It is the same way with Islam. Every religion has their extremists.

@It also says in the Bible: "If any man takes a wife, and goes in on her, and detests her, and charges her with...

(Norcal :)): I do agree with ur concept, don't judge a religion by a few fanatics. However, the example u used was a custom back then. We were not able to receive forgiveness because Christ had not yet died, therefore it was justice and punishment. But essentially, u r correct. There r Christians that do not act as they should, and I'm sure Muslims have the same types of people.

The terrorists who destroyed the Twin Towers were Muslim, but don't be an ignorant fucktard and think that all Muslims are terrorists. That isn't true. Muslims are nice people.

Yes, and its offensive to the Muslims that you won't allow them to do this. Its completely ridiculous that this is even a slight problem. They are not saying "HEY GUYS LOOK AT US!!! WE WON! HAHA! WE'RE GONNA BLOW UP MORE SHIT NOW!! WOOO!" They are part of this country, and to now allow them to build a mosque is so insanely rude. They are not all terrorists, and they are NOT the same people who did 911. Get over yourselves, and let other people in America practice their religion. Its not hurting you AT ALL.

@loveyoualattexx Yes, and its offensive to the Muslims that you won't allow them to do this. Its completely ridiculous that this is...

Oh yeah? What if my aunt, uncle, or parent died in 9/11? Would it be acceptable to say it hurt me then?
My dad almost died. If he didn't miss his train, he would be dead right now.
They can build their mosque farther away. Everyone would be fine with that.

@Oh yeah? What if my aunt, uncle, or parent died in 9/11? Would it be acceptable to say it hurt me then? My dad...

I agree. Not hurting me? My best friend has to live every day with the fact that her cousin, her best friend, was killed in this attack and on the anniversary of the attack they're putting up a mosque. Cool kids right there.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are +1Reply
@wmstephaniefh I agree. Not hurting me? My best friend has to live every day with the fact that her cousin, her best friend, was...

yeah, and i really am sorry about that. I do feel bad that so many loved ones were lost, trust me, I do. But building something three blocks away where people practice religion is not going to do anything bad. Its not like they're going to plan more ways to hurt other people. Its a religious place, not the door to hell.

@loveyoualattexx yeah, and i really am sorry about that. I do feel bad that so many loved ones were lost, trust me, I do. But...

Please read my latest response at the bottom of the page so I don't have to copy and paste.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are 0Reply
@wmstephaniefh Please read my latest response at the bottom of the page so I don't have to copy and paste.

I'm pretty sure if he was a terrorist, then we would be taking extreme measures to stop him. Building a mosque is no problem. Its a place where people practice religion. You cannot deny people of their religion. Get over yourself.

@loveyoualattexx I'm pretty sure if he was a terrorist, then we would be taking extreme measures to stop him. Building a mosque is...

Are you freaking kidding me right now? They can't just take him in for SUSPECTED activity. They need hard evidence. You would know that if you passed grade 7 that you can't take somebody under as much custody a terrorist would be taken over suspected activity.

It's not just a place where people practice religion. Its a flag of conquest. THERE ARE OVER A HUNDRED MOSQUES IN NEW YORK CITY WHY THE HELL WOULD THEY NEED ANOTHER ONE IN THIS LOCATION AND AT THE DATE ITS BEING ERECTED ON. ANSWER THAT WITH A SMART RESPONSE PLZKTHX.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -7Reply
@wmstephaniefh Are you freaking kidding me right now? They can't just take him in for SUSPECTED activity. They need hard evidence...

I'm sure if there is any problems with him possibly being a terrorist, they are handling it. And okay. I will answer it. Its inconsiderate of YOU to be so selfish. There are THOUSANDS of churches in the world, THOUSANDS. And people say that there can never be enough churches. So, why, then, do we have to put a limit on mosques, just cause they are a different religion. Why is that? Plus. Lets just say a Christian was the one who flew the plane into the twin towers. And now, they wanted to build a church. Would all the Christians in the USA be like "Oh, you know. We kind of did something bad, its not a smart idea to put a church there." No. people would be like "OH GREAT IDEA! YEAH! Show them that no matter what happens, people can practice whatever religion they please! Good idea!" And yes, I am a Christian, and I still think its unacceptable that people, for some reason, find it bad that there is a mosque being built. People have a freedom to practice religion

@loveyoualattexx I'm sure if there is any problems with him possibly being a terrorist, they are handling it. And okay. I will...

@457138 (loveyoualattexx): To all these posts saying "If it was a Christian bombing, wouldn't you want them to build a church because not all christians are terrorists." I actually WOULDNT want them to build one, because i UNDERSTAND that it hurt a lot of people...

And having it erected on the SAME DAY as the bombings is one of the STUPIDEST things to do. That will forever be known as the day that the government messed up BIGGGG time.

Oh yes, because I'm the ONLY person in America that feels this way. How selfish of me :(

No, there aren't problems. HE WOULD BE IN JAIL IF THEY COULD COMPLETELY PROVE IT!!!

Actually, I think if a bunch of Christians flew into the towers screaming "GOD IS GREAT!" then a church there would be just as disrespectful. But last I checked, Christians werent taking 12-year-old mentaly handicapped children and strapping bombs to them and making them blow up pre-schools.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -5Reply
@loveyoualattexx yes because ALL Muslims are totally terrorists. I must have forgotten that fact!

Did I say that once? No, I don't think I did.

Maybe I should add "extremist Christians aren't taking 12 year old mentally...etc."

@wmstephaniefh Did I say that once? No, I don't think I did. Maybe I should add "extremist Christians aren't taking 12 year old...

At this point, I don't even know how to reason with you. I've told you all the facts and reasons why building a mosque doesn't hurt anyone except the stupid, narrow-minded people. If you want to take away someone's freedoms, and complain that everyone in this country is treated equally (or at least, should be) then, by all means, do so. But just know, that you look like a stupid idiot.

@loveyoualattexx At this point, I don't even know how to reason with you. I've told you all the facts and reasons why building a...

Now you should be saying this as an opinion. Why you THINK the mosque doesn't hurt anyone. etc.

Anyway, I'm an extremely tolerant person. I would probably go and visit this museum if it weren't for the circumstances (date/place its being built) umm. . . so yeah. if you're done with arguements and pretending that its because I can't be reasoned with because you're definitely right go a head and leave.

Nobody in America is treated equally. At all. I don't understand how this has to do with equality. It has to do with a national disaster. that was caused by A GROUP OF Islamic people and I believe its disrespectful.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -2Reply
@wmstephaniefh Now you should be saying this as an opinion. Why you THINK the mosque doesn't hurt anyone. etc. Anyway, I'm an...

okay, cool. Go cry about it some more. But, while you do that, the mosque is still gonna be built. So shut up about it already and learn that building a mosque does not mean that the world will implode.

@loveyoualattexx okay, cool. Go cry about it some more. But, while you do that, the mosque is still gonna be built. So shut up about...

You totally just won the argument. I bow down to you because your only argument is that the world won't implode. Of course it won't, but its obvious extremists of some sort are going to do something about the mosque, whether it be in the form of hate crimes/etc.

It wouldn't happen if it wasn't right there. Not saying hate crimes would be right either. But something bad is bound to happen if it goes up, why not just spare the trouble and move it :)

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -4Reply
@wmstephaniefh You totally just won the argument. I bow down to you because your only argument is that the world won't implode. Of...

Or, why not just have everyone realize that people practice different religions. That would be SO much better. It eliminates wars, hate crimes, and will even teach all the people in America that building a Mosque is not a bad thing!

@sarrsberry Can you prove to me that it is being opened or the building will begin on 9/11?

Look at any article...

And I do know a lot about NYC there are plenty of unopened stores like the burlington coat factory that they can replace with this building...smart ass

@wmstephaniefh It is...

Yeah, it is. Sorry i like cursed at you I was sort of heated. But that is where they're opening it.

Let me get this straight, you acknowledge their right to habeus corpus and a fair trial, but not to openly practice their religion, which by the way is based around the idea of peaceful interaction with others, with the notable exception of a few extremists? You can't pick and choose which parts of the constitution you uphold or it defeats the entire purpose of the document!

Yes, it is VERY inconsiderate that they are opening it on the anniversary and so close to the sight of the attack ,too. However, if it was not being opened on that particular date, I would say that if this mosque was being put up farther away, nobody would care. The idea of the mosque being in that location is not the biggest problem, I think the date is. Is this just a coincidence and are the people putting up the mosque that ignorant or are they trying to prove a point?

@Yes, it is VERY inconsiderate that they are opening it on the anniversary and so close to the sight of the attack...

I actually like the idea of opening it on the anniversary. It's like saying to the terrorists that we are not like them, that we are tolerant, kind and fair, and that they cannot change that no matter what they do.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +5Reply
@LewisL I actually like the idea of opening it on the anniversary. It's like saying to the terrorists that we are not like...

But, then, they should say that. Opening it on the anniversary without explanation will send incorrect assumptions to people. They will think that the opening of the mosque is like a mockery.

I honestly think that the problem is location & date just adds into it. But if there was a mosque somewhere else in NYC being erected on this date [and every one was making such a big deal of it as they are now] people would still moan about it.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are +2Reply
@wmstephaniefh I honestly think that the problem is location & date just adds into it. But if there was a mosque somewhere else in...

(wmstephaniefh):Yes, good point. I guess that event would not go unnoticed as I incorrectly stated in my former post. I am still reading through the comments and trying to decide where I stand in this debate.

There are over 100 mosques in New York City. Why does one have to be put there? The radical Islamics are putting it there as a SLAP IN THE FACE to America. Saying that they won and we can't be stopping them.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -12Reply
@wmstephaniefh There are over 100 mosques in New York City. Why does one have to be put there? The radical Islamics are putting...

I think it's saying that we won. It's saying that despite all the hate and pain and religious intolerance that the terrorists brought into the world America is still strong and still believes in its founding ideals, such as religious freedom.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +11Reply
@LewisL I think it's saying that we won. It's saying that despite all the hate and pain and religious intolerance that the...

It's absolutely not saying we won. Because we cannot do anything about them wanting to build a mosque there. They would claim it was a hate crime and get their way either way. So we're just giving into them easier.

@wmstephaniefh It's absolutely not saying we won. Because we cannot do anything about them wanting to build a mosque there. They...

I'm saying that we 'win' when we don't WANT to do anything about them building a mosque. We win when we accept all americans and give them all the rights promised to them by the constitution/bill of rights.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +3Reply
@LewisL I'm saying that we 'win' when we don't WANT to do anything about them building a mosque. We win when we accept all...

Okay (this is to your first comment)

It wouldn't be a hate crime. It would be a loophole. We're not going to destroy the mosque. Just ask them to build it elsewhere. I'm sure people would actually enter it and see about the tolerance (etc) if it was built in a respectable manner. I most definitely would. But right now, there is no way in HELL I would enter that place to "learn about their religion"

[second post]:
you are completely right. i wouldn't want to do anything about it if it weren't for the circumstances.

They wouldn't just be claiming it's a hate crime, it would be a hate crime. If you were to deface or destroy that mosque in any way, it would be a hate crime and completely unjustifiable.

Since you seem to know oh so much about New York, you also know how hard it is to find any land to complete a project this big on. I truly believe that the location was not a purposeful act, just a coincidence. I may be wrong.

People like you are over reacting to the whole mosque thing. They did't what to put it on Ground Zero, they wanted to put it two blocks away (and did). What's the big deal?

Our religion is about peace, that is what Islam means. Jihad is taken wayy too far by the extremists. But thats it.

@sbader110 Our religion is about peace, that is what Islam means. Jihad is taken wayy too far by the extremists. But thats it.

Hey!, not trying to be ignorant or judgemental, id just like to learn something. I am a Christian and I do know about, or a least a little about what Islam refers to as Jihad or holy wayfare. But the Muslims who are not terrorists, which I kno is the majority, what do they believe about that? Like, why do they disagree with extremists? Any other person knowledgeable abt this could answer too. :)

@Hey!, not trying to be ignorant or judgemental, id just like to learn something. I am a Christian and I do know...

When our religion was first being introduced, Jihad was used in order to defend our religion, as warfare was used a lot back then. It was not an offensive measure by any means, it was a last resort, only used when necessary. The extremists have taken the concept of Jihad and have turned it into an offensive tool, which is not how Jihad is meant to be used.

Hannah, Just shut up.
You're not muslim so you have no say so in the matter, plus, how old are you? It doesn't apply to you, and you dont even live in NYC.
Just because the buildings went down, doesn't mean we have to be jackasses and tell them what they can and cannot do because of a few extremest.

Ok, I'm going to say one thing that everyone will be able to understand.
In math, a square is a rectangle but a rectangle is not always a square.
Muslims can be a very kind people, but yes, FEW are terrorists.
If you assume they're all terrorists, not only are you being very unfair, but you could be missing out on great friendships with kind people.

So you have a grudge against everyone with the same religion? That's the same ignorance that leads other countries to hate America for a few people's stupid decisions >.<

Then we've got the Jews to thank for the crucifixion of Jesus?

@John_Smith Then we've got the Jews to thank for the crucifixion of Jesus?

And maybe Jews, the mentally disabled, gypsies and the like and still hate Germans for World War II.

NOT on top of ground zero. >.<; It is blocks away! And I'm sure that if any other religion were to build a worshiping space there, nobody would have a problem with it.

@Blocks? You're implying that it's many. It's only 2.

Well 2 blocks will still make it plural..

@Well 2 blocks will still make it plural..

The way you said it seemed like it was 321 blocks away.

@wmstephaniefh The way you said it seemed like it was 321 blocks away.

the way you READ it made it seem like it was 321 blocks away.

@the way you READ it made it seem like it was 321 blocks away.

When you hear someone say, "Wow! It's miles away!", you think more than 10, right? When people just use the plural form, it implies many.

The Mosque in New York isn't ON ground zero, it's 2 blocks away. It's taking the place of the Burlington coat factory. That should be the real debate, now where am i gonna find a nice French coat a cheap price? nowhere! thats where, amirite?

lyenlions avatar lyenlion No Way +10Reply
@lyenlion The Mosque in New York isn't ON ground zero, it's 2 blocks away. It's taking the place of the Burlington coat...

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

hahahaha that made me laugh. Thank you for brightening the mood!!!

There is a difference between Islam and terrorism. If you are going to assume that religion and terrorism are one, then why don't you start a protest to abolish churches wherever the Crusaders went? Yeah, I didn't think so.

I'm actually shocked by how many people voted YYA. The people building the 'mosque' didn't fly those planes, the people building the mosque are Americans practicing their rights as given to them by your own constitution. These are your countrymen you are talking about. And it's not being built on Ground Zero, it's being built three blocks from Ground Zero. I wonder what else you would find within three blocks.

It is understandable that people don't like this, but it is far from justifiable.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +6Reply
@LewisL I'm actually shocked by how many people voted YYA. The people building the 'mosque' didn't fly those planes, the...

Within three blocks, there are several bars and strip clubs. I'm certain there are all sorts of illegal activities that go on within three blocks also.

@Within three blocks, there are several bars and strip clubs. I'm certain there are all sorts of illegal activities...

But thats not the point. I'm not saying they're going to be smoking weed and shooting up heroine or something inside the mosque. It's the principal of it all.

And when you have someone who is a suspected terrorist and can't admit that Hamas is a terrorist group you know something is wrong.

There's a significant difference between a mosque and a bar. Like, the people who blew up the Twin Towers did it in the name of Allah, not tequila.

bigmac14s avatar bigmac14 Yeah You Are 0Reply

The leader of this orginization is suspected of having ties to terrorist groups, and wont even admit that Hamas is a terrorist orginization. This is RADICAL islam trying to raise their flag of conquest.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -3Reply
@wmstephaniefh The leader of this orginization is suspected of having ties to terrorist groups, and wont even admit that Hamas is...

A little while ago Obama was also suspected of having ties to terrorist groups. The leader of this organization has actually argued against what the terrorists did and has written a book on the compatibility of constitutional values and the qu'ran. The building is meant to promote tolerance and understanding.

@soccerfan A little while ago Obama was also suspected of having ties to terrorist groups. The leader of this organization has...

And that's completely proven right? That those were his intentions?

That's like Hitler buddy. He said that he was creating a race of superhumans or whatever shit he made up. He just as easily convinced people it was for good and what not. Hey, guess what? Holocaust.

NOT saying this will turn into a Holocaust but people lie all the time to get whatever the hell they want. The Qu'ran has been twisted and manipulated by different Islamic groups (including the terrorists) and even though the building is used to promote tolerance or whatever crap he said it was, it can be put somewhere else and NOT ERECTED ON 9/11. END OF STORY.

@wmstephaniefh And that's completely proven right? That those were his intentions? That's like Hitler buddy. He said that he was...

It's not going to be erected on gound zero and btw 9/11 is a date, not a place. If you're going to use that argument, then how do you know that anything that anybody ever does is for the reasons they say it's for? How do you know that the terrorists did what they did in the name of Islam or if they just hate America and used their religion as perceived justification. How do you know that 9/11 itself was actually perpetrated by Muslims and not the government? How do you know THAT wasn't a lie just to go to war for oil?

@soccerfan It's not going to be erected on gound zero and btw 9/11 is a date, not a place. If you're going to use that...

LOLZ Saying its location and then saying "not erected on 9/11" implied not being erected on the date. Dumb...

1. It's been said in interviews/tapes Osama Bin Laden sent to America/etc.

Go think up some more friggin conspiracies you ass. Too bad this has all been proven except the hicks have their own theories about our government killing so many of its own people. But kay.

@wmstephaniefh LOLZ Saying its location and then saying "not erected on 9/11" implied not being erected on the date. Dumb... 1...

Why the hell would they erect it on 9/11, I just assumed that you weren't dumb enough to think they would actually do that and gave you the benefit of the doubt. Turns out I was wrong.

I'm not saying I believe the conspiracies, I'm just sayin that if you want to use that argument then you're on a very slippery slope. I could just as easily argue that all the evidence you mentioned was faked.

@soccerfan Why the hell would they erect it on 9/11, I just assumed that you weren't dumb enough to think they would actually...

Hey idiot, they're erecting the mosque/building/whatever on 9/11/2011. Just for your information.

Okay. Argue it, with your head up your butt.

I think you are referring to Abdul Rauf. First of all he is an investor, he is not in charge of building the mosque. Secondly, suspected? this could mean anything. After an admittedly brief research session I couldn't find anything approaching compelling evidence. And thirdly, yes he has refused to call Hamas a terrorist organisation. Perhaps this is because he is trying to build bridges between the muslim and western worlds, trying to promote understanding on BOTH sides. Let's remember that Hamas was democratically elected in the gaza strip to represent the palestinians there and that they have never attacked the US. Vilifying Hamas will not help peace, only through talking, listening and compromising will peace come.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +2Reply
@LewisL I think you are referring to Abdul Rauf. First of all he is an investor, he is not in charge of building the...

Mkay. Let's all talk it out.
America: Dude. You killed hundreds of our people/Hit down our trade center/ruined thousands of american lives.

Them: Whoops my bad!

America: Oh, dude it's alright!!!

That'd work in a perfect world. Too bad the world isn't perfect.
---x
So that's why I said suspected, not a complete terrorist. Thanks again. How will he build bridges? By denying facts and lying? That works all the time.

@wmstephaniefh Mkay. Let's all talk it out. America: Dude. You killed hundreds of our people/Hit down our trade center/ruined...

You're right, talking is stupid, lets just bomb them all along with their wives and children. Much better.

Hamas is a desperate organisation in a desperate situation doing desperate things. They are also supported by the majority of Arab Muslims. Declaring them to be terrorists serves to alienate many people who are otherwise willing to try and reach peace.

As a sidenote, almost everyone would do some morally repugnant thing if they thought their families and their country was in peril. I don't mean in peril as in "we are in peril from Obama making us buy healthcare" or "some people are building a place of worship in my city", I mean peril as in "the Israeli army is walking down my street right now" or "a stray American bomb just blew up my neighbours house". This does not mean their actions should just be forgiven, but we should look at them with some understanding and compassion. Note also that this applies to Hamas, not to the 9/11 bombers.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +3Reply
@LewisL You're right, talking is stupid, lets just bomb them all along with their wives and children. Much better. Hamas...

Okay. I agree completely. You're right. And the people over seas and bombing their own women and children. . . American soldiers are trying to help (from my knowledge)

... I believe that there's a fair point on all sides here, but here's the thing:

9/11 sucked. All right. I'll give you that. And yes, it was done by Islamic terrorists or whatever.

But has anybody thought of the reprecussions of 9/11 on everyone BUT the Americans? Millions of Muslims have been forced to take the blame for it. People (ON THIS SITE!! JEEZ!!) are now blaming our religion and calling us terrorists. 9/11 has given America an excuse to destroy Iraq for its oil and get away with it. Its made everyone side with Israel while they murder thousands of children. Its made normal, everyday people get arrested for things they did do (my cousin is still in jail as an 'alleged terrorist.' He's completely innocent, all he did was buy some decorative fireworks and be Muslim).

That's a slap in the face for US, as Arabs and Muslims.

So to us, having the mosque built there is a gesture of peace. Something that says, hey, maybe Americans aren't stupid enough to think we're all evil.

@I believe that there's a fair point on all sides here, but here's the thing: 9/11 sucked. All right. I'll give...

After reading that, I completely agree. I still am not in favor with the mosque. But I think its awful the discrimination different races go through in America. The Blacks/Asians during WWII, Muslims now. etc. WE all need to man up.

My best friend is Italian and looks Middle-Eastern and was completely searched before he could board a plane. And he's Catholic. That's just profiling and it is wrongn.

israel is not "murdering" anybody. They are in a war. Sad and unfortunate as it is, case u didn't kno, PEOPLE DIE IN WARS! As you absorb that, understand that Palestinians do the same thing, because they too, are fighting a war. Its how wars are fought and how they are won. You cannot win a war by specifically not hurting civilians. Do I think u should attempt to kill every civilian?, no. Of course not. But when u avoid any injury or casualties of any civilians, u r no longer fighting a war, u r involved in a nationwide manhunt, similar to the US situation in Iraq and Afghanistan

Saying that anything to do with Muslims can't be anywhere near Ground Zero is like saying that anything to do with Christians can't be near the sites of the Crusades. But no one cares that there are churches all throughout Western Europe.

By putting the mosque near Ground Zero, we are saying that no one can keep us down. Part of what makes America great is that we have freedom of religion, and that no one can hold that against another.

I find it offensive that people could blame people who simply share a religion with the terrorists. It's like blaming a kid for what their parents have done. Very few Muslims agree with what happened on 9/11, and they lost loved ones too. That day was a horrible one for all of America, for Catholics, Baptists, Jews, and yes, MUSLIMS. They are part of this country as much as you are, and they should be able to worship where they want.

@Saying that anything to do with Muslims can't be anywhere near Ground Zero is like saying that anything to do with...

Yet the mosque is being erected on the anniversary of 9/11. And it is being opened so close. Yes, they are free to put up a mosque where they like, but is the date really a coincidence? And couldn't they be a little more considerate to the families and friends of those who lost their lives in the attack?

@Yet the mosque is being erected on the anniversary of 9/11. And it is being opened so close. Yes, they are free to...

I do agree the date is a poor choice. I honestly can't think of any good reason to open it on this date, especially since so many people take offense to it. I't just going to cause more problems.

The way you're talking, as are most of the people who agreed with this post, you seem to think that only the people of any other religion were affected. (I don't know if you mean it like that, I'm just saying how it sounds to me.) But EVERYONE was affected. It's not as if the terrorists came in the building and whispered to all the Muslims in there, "Hey. We're gonna bomb this place. But you're a Muslim, so leave so you don't die."

@I do agree the date is a poor choice. I honestly can't think of any good reason to open it on this date, especially...

I am so sorry if that was what I was implying. No, I do not think that only non-muslims are being affected. I know many very nice muslim people. I was just talking about 'they' as in the people putting up this mosque. My apologies if I have offended anybody.

I absolutely see where your coming from. Its not like we're denying the Muslims their right to practice. I know Muslims who disagree with the mosque being put there. There are MILLIONS of other places to practice.

The point is, there are radical Muslims doing this, not the moderate ones everybody knows and loves.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -1Reply
@wmstephaniefh I absolutely see where your coming from. Its not like we're denying the Muslims their right to practice. I know...

Yeah But everyone wants their own type of church on their street corner right? Ease of acsess, basically

@Yeah But everyone wants their own type of church on their street corner right? Ease of acsess, basically

Yeah, but this isn't just a mosque. It's a museum/mosque/meeting place etc.

Yeah, I would love a church three doors down, but if there was a Christian thing eight doors down where a bunch of people from my church burnt down someone's house because they were Jewish I wouldn't fight for it to be put up. I would simply go to my church somewhere else respecting the fact that people in my religion did others wrong and it would be nice not to shove it in their faces.

Wmstephaniefh: People want to bridge the gap between the Muslim world and the western world, it's not insensitive. It's demonstrating that we, as a nation, can overcome tragedy in the hopes of being a more peaceful place, and prejudice-free. Wrap your brain around that. This is why we have black history month, why we are such a diverse country. Because we CAN overcome the past. And it's going to happen regardless of what you say on this site.

@Wmstephaniefh: People want to bridge the gap between the Muslim world and the western world, it's not insensitive...

Why not just put it somewhere else. AS I HAVE SAID BEFORE I would actually visit this museum of tolerance or whatever if it weren't under the circumstances that it is.

HAS ANYBODY BEEN READING THE OTHER COMMENTS????? PEOPLE ARE REPEATING THEMSELVES AND/OR GIVING ARGUMENTS THAT HAVE ALREADY BEEN CONTRADICTED!!!

wmstephaniefh, just shut the fuck up already

@stfuplease (right now.): LOL'D! Hahahahhaha

I'm glad you LOL'D...no need to share

@wmstephaniefh I'm glad you LOL'D...no need to share

Why? I thought it was "Freedom of Speech" hypocrite.

@stfuplease Why? I thought it was "Freedom of Speech" hypocrite.

It is freedom of speech, I'm telling you there was no need to share that. Did I tell you you couldn't share it?

You can't say FUCK in school because its a rule and it could be offensive and the school could get in trouble. There are loopholes in every situation.

@wmstephaniefh It is freedom of speech, I'm telling you there was no need to share that. Did I tell you you couldn't share...

No need to share basically means that was useless, we don't care. Stop twisting it around so you look smart lmao.

Uhm duhh, I think I know that. Thanks for pointing out the obvious.

@wmstephaniefh, just shut the fuck up already

(right now.): Freedom of Speech, it is America with equality, now isn't it :)

@wmstephaniefh (right now.): Freedom of Speech, it is America with equality, now isn't it :)

That statement is such a cliche. "Freedom of Speech" Yeah, it is. But can you say FUCK in school? No, so technically, it's not freedom of speech.

(wmstephanief): Freedom of speech shouldn't be applied to ignorant, prejudice, narrow-minded, arrogant people like you. The world won't be a better place with people that think like you consistently arguing for intolerance.

@(wmstephanief): Freedom of speech shouldn't be applied to ignorant, prejudice, narrow-minded, arrogant people like...

(right now.): Okay, why are you personally hating on me? I've stated many times that I would visit this site. Have I not? And I'm being completely serious.

However, I'm not consistently arguing with intolerance. It's no hate crime to ask them either move the building/don't put it up on the anniversary of many a friends deaths. :)

You are a fucking idiot. You are the type of ignorant person who causes all this hate and war bull shit. Uhm honey white people, black people, Hispanics, Asians, people from EVERY RACE have been involved in crime. That doesn't mean the whole race is criminal. You are seriously retarded. What did you drop outta school, oh yeah ya know what, some white kids shot up a school once so we probably shouldn't let ANY whites have schools so we can all be stupid close minded ignorant fucks like you.

@SamanthaaJ You are a fucking idiot. You are the type of ignorant person who causes all this hate and war bull shit. Uhm honey...

I love how you compare the killing of thousands of Americans in one of the worst tragedies to hit our country to "crime." Seems a little tame, if you ask me :/

bigmac14s avatar bigmac14 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@bigmac14 I love how you compare the killing of thousands of Americans in one of the worst tragedies to hit our country to...

I love how stupid you people make Americans look when you blame an entire ethnicity for several men's doing. That is ignorance and that is also how things like the holocaust happen you fucking oblivious moron.

@SamanthaaJ I love how stupid you people make Americans look when you blame an entire ethnicity for several men's doing. That...

Well, that's kind of like what you're doing now, isn't it? You don't like my comment so you're attributing my supposed stupidity it to my entire nation?

oh my god seriously stop with the rude remarks cuz they arn't getting you anywhere! why cant you discuss this like a mature person w/o name calling and shit. and did you know that muslims build mosques near places they conquered? so whats that saying to us...that they conquered us and won...

nicolells avatar nicolell Yeah You Are 0Reply
@nicolell oh my god seriously stop with the rude remarks cuz they arn't getting you anywhere! why cant you discuss this like...

That is a correct statement. But the Muslims aren't showing they conquered us. Its the terroristic groups (imo) that would be showing that, not your next door neighbor that happens to practice the Muslim religion.

You're being quite pig-headed.

@That is a correct statement. But the Muslims aren't showing they conquered us. Its the terroristic groups (imo)...

god again with the insults! but i appreciate you saying i was right. but how do you know wat their motives are? i am all for freedom, more than the average person..but under certain circumstances, you have to look deeper into the situation and analyze it to see what is best for the majority of the people

@nicolell god again with the insults! but i appreciate you saying i was right. but how do you know wat their motives are? i...

Honestly, its not going to kill us if a mosque is put there. So its not really for the best. Its an argument of morality. You don't know what "their" motives are. Your acting like they are spies that want to kill us all. That is not the case. Sometimes you just need to trust people.

How could you make a post like this? I think it is appropriate. I mean.. The people that took the towers down where radical. You cant label a whole religion on what radicals do. That is like saying that what radical Catholics do, we cant trust all Catholics. How inconsiderate. The fact you stereotype there religion is just sick and wrong you immature kid.

@457617: Well, thank you for agreeing. Also, bad as I feel for your Italian friend, it's happened to me. They got rid of my really expensive lip gloss, too! (Apparently, I may have made a bomb out of that. Don't ask. And I don't even look Middle Eastern, its just because my middle name is Mohamed)

Honestly, if I were American and not Muslim, I might not have agreed to the mosque, the same way I think Israel has absolutely no right to /claim/ Jerusalem as its capital (a complete lie. Its Tel Aviv).

On the other hand, as Starlight just said, its not on ground zero, and mosques are very beautiful. I'm sure it will also be a place where many muslims who mourn 9/11 will go.

@@457617: Well, thank you for agreeing. Also, bad as I feel for your Italian friend, it's happened to me. They got...

i totally understand what you're saying, but just imagine being the mother, father, brother, sister, wife, etc. of a person killed on that plane on 9/11 and have to deal with seeing a mosque everyday located right near the tragic site...

@nicolell i totally understand what you're saying, but just imagine being the mother, father, brother, sister, wife, etc. of...

You don't know how they will react. You can't assume they will hate it. Some might look at it as the right thing to do because they know the actions for a couple radicals does not reflect an entire religion.

@CBbasketball You don't know how they will react. You can't assume they will hate it. Some might look at it as the right thing...

some might, but i, as a person who lost a relative working in the towers, don't really want a mosque being built so close to the accident scene. I have no problems with any religion at all, but due to the proximatey, and circumstances, don't approve of this decision.

@nicolell some might, but i, as a person who lost a relative working in the towers, don't really want a mosque being built so...

I am sorry for your loss and respect your view. I just think that the mosque isn't going to reflect the radicals, but rather all the other Muslims out there who where put into a huge stereotype after 9/11/01. I have Muslim friends and they are so proud of this decision to build the mosque because it shows tolerances for there religion and an understanding that not all Muslims are bad, and that the radical Muslims were responsible.

@CBbasketball I am sorry for your loss and respect your view. I just think that the mosque isn't going to reflect the radicals...

you're making me see your side and i do partially agree with you...but i dont know...its a sticky situation...either way...there will be lots of people angry with either decision, thinking the other group is disrespectful and ignorant, which is unfortunate:(

Those people need to understand that the people who built or pray at that mosque are not responsible for their loved ones' deaths. There is somebody to blame for that tragedy but not letting a whole religion freely practice their faith and banning a mosque 2 blocks away is not the right way to do it.

how on earth does israel have no right? Israel has every right to ALL of the Palestinian lan, personally I dnt think they should have allowed them any land. The Palestinians have no right to be there, and refuse to be satisfied with what is generously offered them. Sorry if I come across as kinda a jerk but I feel strongly about this. Why do u think palestine has a right to it?

I read this and thought
"Oh shit, it's gonna have over 9000 comments..."

@Previously_Sane I read this and thought "Oh shit, it's gonna have over 9000 comments..."

ha i woke up and i had like a million notifications about this lol

BitchWhores avatar BitchWhore Yeah You Are 0Reply

I disagree because this post exaggerates the situation. As for the actual situation yes, I can see how it's offensive, yes I can see the suspicion of the leader being a radical himself, but I think people are being just a little bit to paranoid. Maybe it's a slap in the face. Maybe it's just some people looking for a place to practice there freedoms. None of us really know what it is.

So,tell me, why exactly, is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to open the mosque on 9/11?

@So,tell me, why exactly, is it ABSOLUTELY necessary to open the mosque on 9/11?

Because they can, and they want to show that they arnt bad people! Whether they build it or not, what's it to you?

@wmstephaniefh How is it proving they aren't bad people?

Because it's not terrorists building it you fucking dumb ass. It's MUSLIMS. There's a damn difference with a Muslim and a Muslim terrorist. You're so damn slow in the mind holy shit.

Well If they build a mosque there they can show the world that they are peaceful peoepl and if you stepped into the building youw ouldnt see bombs and stuff, but poepel praying.

@Ciara Fine, they can do that. Further away from ground zero.

Like some one said, Everyone wants a church of their own on their street corner, and in newyork taking th car just to pray is difficult.

@Well If they build a mosque there they can show the world that they are peaceful peoepl and if you stepped into the...

I've said this before. I would visit this museum thing if it weren't under the circumstances.

And I'm not fuckin slow minded. What the hell? I'm just asking a question. Obviously its not proving anything by what you said the answer I was looking for is what "Anonymous" said.:)

@wmstephaniefh I've said this before. I would visit this museum thing if it weren't under the circumstances. And I'm not fuckin...

why do you always put a smiley face at the end? it's not going to make you seem any damn nicer to the people that disagree with you.

I'm gonna go ahead and clear some shit up right now.
1. I am in no way racist/arrogant/narrow-minded etc. I have told people who have an opposite view of me that they are COMPLETELY RIGHT.

2. I have stated I will go to this museum (if given the chance) and will learn about the Muslim religion because from what I learned in school I find it fascinating. [as long as its not erected on 9/11. the anniversary of many people close to me that have died/and the reason many of my friends went off to war; location isn't AS important an issue here]

3. I'm in no way saying that Muslims don't have rights so don't turn this around on me.

4. I'm not the only ones with these views so stop telling me to shut up. Because I won't. I'm not a puppy dog that will do what you want.

@I'm gonna go ahead and clear some shit up right now. 1. I am in no way racist/arrogant/narrow-minded etc. I have...

why do you think you have to prove yourself to us? it's not going to change the minds of people who disagree with you. and it's most definitely not going to make you seem like less of an asshole.

@why do you think you have to prove yourself to us? it's not going to change the minds of people who disagree with...

Get the fuck off anonymous or get an account. I wouldn't try to prove myself to anyone like you. We all have opinions sorry if you don't agree with mine but I don't give a flying fuck.

Wmstephanief, yes that's why it's being built on that day because it's a memorial. I understand your point of view and respect we have different opinions on the subject.

hmm, this is an interesting debate. I'm a Canadian, so I cannot account any "true American patriotism" into my opinion.
After reading all 202 of these comments is that the mosque being built near not on ground zero could be seen as the start of full acceptance and tolerance of other religions, especially islam.
Yes, I can see how this is offensive to some and I am truly sorry for their losses. I see this as an offer of peace, a chance for muslims to show that small percentage of them are extremists, just like a small percentage of any religion are extremists.
Saying that though, I am only basing this on the information that I've read here, as I'm sure many others have too. Looking at some of the facts that are being thrown out as supporting material, its hard to say how many are actually true. The media can do funny things to the truth.

(Clara) - i so totally agree with you. Thank you!

"You do realize that all throughout history Muslims have built mosques in cities as a sign of victory of the local people and government. For this reason I find it incredibly offensive"

The hell? This isn't the Dark Ages, honey. Even then, Muslims didn't built mosques as a sign of VICTORY! They're not, "Ha ha I won" landmarks. That was because when Islam entered a land, the Muslims there generally needed a place to, oh, idk, pray? (and before you go on about how they conquered countries savagely in blood, they didn't. I'm Egyptian, and Egypt is one of the countries Islam was introduced to, and I have to say I'm glad it has. Stop whining about history that isn't your own.)

You'd be an idiot to persume the mosque is getting built as a sign of victory. I've previously said 9/11 was just as bad for Muslims and Americans. And stop saying "You do realize" like a know-it-all about something you appear to know nothing about.

Like as if Christians are not violent. In history it has been recorded that they have instigated and started crusades: religious war. Moreover there are protestant terrorists in Northern Ireland. Buddhist and Hindu terrorists in Sri Lanka etc etc

@Like as if Christians are not violent. In history it has been recorded that they have instigated and started...

Okay, why is this a Christian debate? Why not a Jewish debate? Why is it just Christians that feel this way. THIS ISN'T PREJUDICE AT ALL :)

@Because at this point, America and its laws, seem so damn Christian

Oh definitely I agree, I think its awful how they are supposed to separate church and state, but that is a WHOLE new issue.

@wmstephaniefh Okay, why is this a Christian debate? Why not a Jewish debate? Why is it just Christians that feel this way. THIS...

it's not prejudice. people are making christian scenarios because most of the people on here are christian, so they want you to relate and maybe understand it better.

Claras avatar Clara No Way 0Reply

the ignorance of some of you makes me want to cut a bitch. good god.

I love this post because it shows what this website is about: expressing and defending your views :)

On a more related note, I completely agree with OP.

afternooners avatar afternooner Yeah You Are +1Reply

They may not be the same people bit it is extremely disrespectful to te 2,000 people the died because of some people from that religion. Yes, it is America so there us freedom of relgion, but don't you think the lives of the actual AMERICANS should be taken into onsoderstipn first?!

nicolells avatar nicolell Yeah You Are +1Reply
@nicolell They may not be the same people bit it is extremely disrespectful to te 2,000 people the died because of some...

I think that was the stupidest thing I've EVER read. Muslims are real Americans. Its not like they all immigrated after 9/11 to somehow pollute America. I know plenty of Muslims who were born right here in the good old USA. Aren't they real Americans no matter what religion?

You do realize that all throughout history Muslims have built mosques in cities as a sign of victory of the local people and government. For this reason I find it incredibly offensive

Coleslaws avatar Coleslaw Yeah You Are +1Reply

Not all Muslims are terrorists, just like not all Americans are fat ignorant fucktards, not all Canadians live in igloos and people in Australia don't ride kangaroos to school. It's a stupid stereotype and it's disgusting how ignorant people can be.

I'm Muslim.. Personally, I'd have to agree with both sides on this one. As GarfieldOnAMonday said, the 9/11 attack was bad for Muslims as well as Americans. I mean, innocent Muslims are all of a sudden being called 'terrorists' and 'murderers' and whatnot. And, the generalizing idea is that all Muslims are terrorists, and that all terrorists are Muslims. At a time in history, each religion is prejudiced against. When Christianity first started to spread, for example. The Holocaust for the Jews, and now the Muslims. Although I do understand the notion of America being accepting of all religions, etc, etc, and that's why the Mosque should be built, I also understand that 3 blocks away from Ground Zero is a bit inconsiderate. Really? Is that necessary? Opening a Mosque anywhere else in NY on that day would be fine, I suppose. That MAY be considered as Muslims 'reaching out'. Perhaps they should announce their intentions, as well?

Easily one of the best discussions on this website I've ever read.

It's not so much "what" they want to build that bugs me, ((and frankly, I don't think anything should be built there at all - no malls, restaurants, or churches....just a memorial.)) For me, it's more about the fact that they're opening it on the 10th anniversary.

My uncle was on one of the planes that was driven into a tower, and I'd much rather spend 9/11 in memory of him, and the thousands of other people who died that day.....NOT opening up some building with the intentions of taking the light off the importance of that day, and all the sadness, hurt and loss that went along with it.....some people ((like myself)) would rather spend a day like 9/11 in reverence.

To the person that made the initial comment: I see your sentimental point of view. But obviously you do not understand the reasoning in it. Obama and the democratics do not object, the idea being to promote a moderate Muslim society. In a way it is exactly the opposite of what many misguided people believe on this site. A sign of respect. Promotion of peace and tolerance.

@To the person that made the initial comment: I see your sentimental point of view. But obviously you do not...

I get that they're trying to be respectful ((emphasis on TRYING)) but I really don't think they thought it through completely: most of the people that they're hoping will see this as a sign of respect, in fact, don't.

Maybe to THEM it seems like a respectful and good idea, but I really don't think they took time to think about the feelings of those who lost so much.

@469814

Obama is Christian, the whole Muslim thing was just a rumor. Even if he was Muslim, what difference would it make? He couldn't be biased anyways because of America's separation of church and state rules.

I'm 100% for religious freedom. One of my friends is a Muslim, and she's a total sweetheart. I'm fine with mosques being built, HOWEVER, the people who blew up the Twin Towers were Muslims. Even though the people building the mosques weren't involved in 9/11, it's still so insensitive. Couldn't they build it farther away?
The people who suffered from a loss from 9/11 are still pained every day. Someone in my town lost their father.
It's also even worse that they want to open it on 9/11/2011. That's just cruel.

Not all Muslims are terrorists. There are many, many perfectly peaceful Muslims in the world. In fact, not all terrorists are Muslims! The Muslims are simply the ones that get all the media.

Plus, the mosque/community center isn't on Ground Zero. It's three blocks away, and in those three blocks are bars and strip clubs. I'm certain strippers are less offensive than peaceful people who simply want to have a place to gather?

And not to sound like a conspiracy theorist, but several people on the FBI list of 9/11 hijackers have stood up and said, "Hey! I'm still alive!"

@Not all Muslims are terrorists. There are many, many perfectly peaceful Muslims in the world. In fact, not all...

Riiiiight, bars and strip clubs are more offensive, because the people who bombed the Twin Towers did it in the name of beer and lap dances.

bigmac14s avatar bigmac14 Yeah You Are +1Reply

...not all muslims are terrorists. you're correct. BUT to REITERATE myself YET AGAIN. Its not the peaceful everyday Muslims doing this. Its the radicals using their twisted version of the Quran...

@wmstephaniefh not all muslims are terrorists. you're correct. BUT to REITERATE myself YET AGAIN. Its not the peaceful everyday...

It's not the extremists building a mosque. It's peaceful Muslims who want a place to gather with others with the same beliefs. Sort of like a church, except people like you are convinced that terrorists would want to build an extremely public terror cell as a bitchslap to America in the middle of New York City, which would be the dumbest idea ever.

@It's not the extremists building a mosque. It's peaceful Muslims who want a place to gather with others with the...

It actually is the extremists dear. They aren't going to purposely be like "HAHA WE WON." But little by little every body is going to see their intent is to be like,"Haha, see that America? What can you do about it?"

@wmstephaniefh It actually is the extremists dear. They aren't going to purposely be like "HAHA WE WON." But little by little...

Really, it's going to be subtle? Because everything you've been saying is implying that this is all one huge, obvious, purposeful slap to America.

@Really, it's going to be subtle? Because everything you've been saying is implying that this is all one huge...

It is obvious. But they aren't going to come out and say that. Every body else can see it.

That's like Hitler going up for a speech while he's talking about his ideas and saying:

Oh by the way, we're gonna kill all the Jews/Disable People/Blacks...
HAVE FUN FOLLOWING ME :)

@wmstephaniefh It is obvious. But they aren't going to come out and say that. Every body else can see it. That's like Hitler...

If everybody else can see it, why are there so many non-Muslim people who think it's fine for there to be a mosque there?

And Hitler would talk about purifying the human race and German/Aryan domination. If he hadn't talked about it, it wouldn't have happened because nobody would know about his hate for the various groups he persecuted.

@If everybody else can see it, why are there so many non-Muslim people who think it's fine for there to be a mosque...

Yeah, he would, you're completely right. But he did it in such a way that it was a don't ask/don't tell kind of deal and if you did ask/tell you'd be killed. Simple as that. Hidden and not obvious. It was a long time before people realized what was going on in the concentration camps.

Many Americans don't even know what 9/11 is...
And many Muslim people in my town even debate about this. They think its wrong for a mosque to be put there....hmmm.

@wmstephaniefh Yeah, he would, you're completely right. But he did it in such a way that it was a don't ask/don't tell kind of...

Many Americans don't know what 9/11 is? Are you really so out of arguments that you'll pull something like that out of your ass? How may people can you list who have never heard of the Twin Towers and 9/11?

@Many Americans don't know what 9/11 is? Are you really so out of arguments that you'll pull something like that out...

It was on the History Channel like two years ago about 9/11 actually. Many people don't have TVs/radios and never even heard about the attacks. I'm being completely serious.

Islam was the driving force behind the 9/11 attacks. I dont care what excuse you make up. What did they shout when they drove the planes into the Twin Towers (as I've said) "Allah Akbar" (God Is Great)...but that wasn't religion based at all right?

@soccerfan Nazism was partly religious based too... Guess which religion

Christianity. It was PARTLY religious based. Islam was the DRIVING FORCE behind these attacks. Sorry, but there's a big difference there.

@457131

@457131 (Elise):

the people who are building this are AMERICANS.
there citizens. that makes them on our side.
not the side of al-queda(psssssssttttt thoes were the actualy people who blew up the towers)

your guys are just being raceist because you belive all muslims are terrorist.

@lyenlion @457131 (Elise): the people who are building this are AMERICANS. there citizens. that makes them on our side...

Dude. Get your facts straight. Some guy up there says it was the government doing it so apparently we don't know (sarcasm)

Umm..the people building this aren't all Americans buddy. And just because you live somewhere does not mean you don't have ties elsewhere.

@wmstephaniefh Dude. Get your facts straight. Some guy up there says it was the government doing it so apparently we don't know...

i can understand stand peoples, suspision about them being radicalist but,

so what if they build it? It's not like its a head-quarters for bombing missions.

This whole post is so damn ignorant. It's NOT the RELIGION dumb asses! It's TERRORISTS/TERRORISM. Get that through your fucking small ass minds. And it's not being built where the buildings were, it's a few blocks away. You guys are thinking so generally. "OMG. ISLAM IS TERRORISM" No, it's not idiots. And you guys don't even have enough guts to comment without being anonymous. So so stupid.

@stfuplease This whole post is so damn ignorant. It's NOT the RELIGION dumb asses! It's TERRORISTS/TERRORISM. Get that through...

its a slipt debate, people will stay on there political grounds on this subject till they die, best not join in, kinda pointless anyway.

@lyenlion its a slipt debate, people will stay on there political grounds on this subject till they die, best not join in...

I guess so. But it's so aggravating seeing how people can be SO ignorant over something simple. I mean, OBVIOUSLY it's not offensive because Muslims are building it. Not terrorists. How hard is it to understand?

@stfuplease I guess so. But it's so aggravating seeing how people can be SO ignorant over something simple. I mean, OBVIOUSLY...

i 100% agree,
i've been saying that to everyone. But people are just stubborn and wont look at the situation as a big picture.

they're also kinda, raciest, "all Muslim's are terrorists" stereotype. Just shows how flat minded people are.

@lyenlion i 100% agree, i've been saying that to everyone. But people are just stubborn and wont look at the situation as a...

Yeah, they're veeerrryy stubborn. And I thought I was. They're very racist, not everyone, but some people. I understand stereotypes like "All Americans are fat" or something stupid like that, but this is something bigger, that's beyond rude and ignorant.

@stfuplease Yeah, I'm Muslim. So I'm kind of aggravated right now >.<

I honestly don't mean to disrespect you or your religion if you think I have. If this was my religion that was being discriminated against (Roman Catholic) I would still be putting the same views I am now out there. I have many Muslim friends, I'm not racist and I'm not trying to sound like it, but I'm stating an opinion. And people really need to stop playing the race card (not you, but in the world, in general)

@stfuplease Yeah, I thought you were :/ It's fine I guess.

I understand I probably royally pissed you off, no need to accept my apology. I just want to let you know, I mean absolutely no disrespect.

@I understand I probably royally pissed you off, no need to accept my apology. I just want to let you know, I mean...

It's okay, I understand. I don't like to hold grudges against people, why start now? Apology accepted(:

@stfuplease It's okay, I understand. I don't like to hold grudges against people, why start now? Apology accepted(:

Thanks man. Sorry again. I'm leaving this debate. Because now really ignorant people are joining and I'm done lol

@Thanks man. Sorry again. I'm leaving this debate. Because now really ignorant people are joining and I'm done lol

Welcome, and it's okay. AND I'm not a man :( Haha yeah. I'll TRY to stay out, I'm a very stubborn person at times

im not, but i still agree it is very arrogant.

the world should just be a planet with people living as one, not a planet divided into country's who can't even settle a debate as small as a community center.

THEY ARE OPENING IT ON SEPTEMBER 11th TO RECOGNIZE THOSE LOST AND TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN OUR WORLDS IN A PLACE WE ARE ALL ABLE TO WORSHIP

@THEY ARE OPENING IT ON SEPTEMBER 11th TO RECOGNIZE THOSE LOST AND TO BRIDGE THE GAP BETWEEN OUR WORLDS IN A PLACE...

(right now.): Okay. I did not know that. That is a pretty nice idea, not going to lie. But some of the ideas of it still bother me. I'm not going to lie. Like the fact that "Allah Akbar!" is going to be ringing through the streets.

A hometown hero of mine was on the plane that was headed for D.C. but was brought down before that. I just really can't imagine the same things the terrorists screamed being heard from a loudspeaker throughout the area of Ground Zero.

@wmstephaniefh (right now.): Okay. I did not know that. That is a pretty nice idea, not going to lie. But some of the ideas of it...

I appreciate that hearing "Allah Akbar" near ground zero would upset a lot of people and I can see why, but this is an incredibly common phrase in Islam, probably as common as the word 'Amen' is in Christianity. Needless to say its use in Islamic worship came long before its use by terrorists, and it's meaning (God is great) is about as far from violent or hateful as you can get. So while I understand and don't blame people who have bad associations with it, it's just something they're going to have to deal with.

let's say they build a restaurant instead of a mosque. a guy goes in there, he prays before his meal, nothing wrong. the guy is muslim? all of a sudden, OMGWTFBBQ!!!1!!1

@litapd311 let's say they build a restaurant instead of a mosque. a guy goes in there, he prays before his meal, nothing...

ummm.. I don't really think that is the same thing. It is not offensive for a muslim to just be on that street and praying in a restaurant is just what people do in a religion. Maybe the muslim person just wanted to eat at that particular restaurant.

@....no that wouldn't happen. at all.

to some people commenting (not all) it would. i really don't mind, considering i live in the midwest and i'm not a muslim, just thought i'd comment

@litapd311 to some people commenting (not all) it would. i really don't mind, considering i live in the midwest and i'm not a...

I live right next to NYC and am there almost every day, so I'm a little bit more touchy about the subject. lol

That is completely true GarfieldOnAMonday...

I hate the new airport security rules. Sorry I brought a tube of sunscreen. I might have needed that. I got sun poisoning my first day in Puerto Rico because I had it in my carryon to apply down at the pool so I didn't have to wait for luggage.

Stupid rules.

Yeah, and the extra paranoia turns the world against Muslims even more. Its pretty subtle brainwashing.

Pretty understandable why we get pissed when people call us terrorists, huh?

You all need to shut the hell up. No one cares that you wrote a page long rant about how it's racist to not allow them to have their frickin church and all that crap. Just shut UP you goddamn libral hippies.

Being butthurt that they're building a mosque there for any reason is against everything that america stands for.

Also, hating on these Muslims because some OTHER muslims did something stupid is the equivelant of bitching about a church run by mexicans just because the people who planned and executed the 9/11 attacks were brown skinned just like mexicans. There is a huge, fundamental difference between "religious", like muslims building this mosque, and the terrorist extremists that take their religion too seriously.

You, stephaniebitchass, are a butthurt muslim hater and you are unamerican.

@Being butthurt that they're building a mosque there for any reason is against everything that america stands for...

I absolutely disagree with you. America stands for Christianity, which is why "In God We Trust" and "Under God" is both posted on our currency and in the pledge of allegiance. Christianity is what this country was built on, and the further away we strive from it, the more fucked up this country gets. And you can't disagree that this country is more fucked up right now then it has ever been, with the exception of the great depression, which I think is what we're headed straight back to.

akhockeys avatar akhockey Yeah You Are 0Reply
@akhockey I absolutely disagree with you. America stands for Christianity, which is why "In God We Trust" and "Under God" is...

Christianity isn't the only religion who believes in God. So you're saying since this country is apparently Christian based you should be intolerant to other religions? If this country doesn't follow the Christian way it's doomed?

I'm honestly surprised that this never really came up-The fact that you have a legal right to do something doesn't mean you should. Banning a mosque two blocks away from Ground Zero would be infringing upon Muslims religious freedoms, but some things, you just don't do. No one would dream of building a Japenese Cultural Center by Pearl Harbor, even though it's perfectly legal to do so. The Pope even denied the nuns the ability to build a nunnery at a concentration camp (they also wanted to pray for lost souls) out of respect. The mosque should not be built in such a proximity to Ground Zero. Two blocks really isn't much. You can see two blocks down with ease. The argument that it isn't 'on Ground Zero' really isn't worth much, because I imagine nothing will be cleared to build there for many years, be it a mosque, church, strip mall or hair salon. It's a respect thing.

My question is why the Muslims want to build so close. Anyone who can foresee their next breath could so the ex...

(ChrisZ) : sorry, I just saw this ...

Look, I don't want to turn this into an Israel/Palestine debate. But how the hell can you even bring yourself to say that the PALESTINians have to right to PALESTINE? Since when does a citizen no longer have a right to their OWN country? Oh, yeah, 21st century, justice all the way.

You've got to be kidding me.

That said, about the whole 9/11 thing, I think it should be made clear that the mosque is a sign of tolerance, not a sign of "victory" (which is odd for people to assume, but whatever) I think America should honor its large Muslim population which suffered largely during discrimination against Muslims, the same way any apology for discrimination should be.

I'm sorry if this is going to sound insensitive, but 9/11 wasn't the end of the world. Iraqis were killed and tortured. Palestenians were slaughtered. What makes Americans so much more valuable that 9/11 is a bigger tragedy than that? The mosque is a great gesture, and thats it

I think either a church should be built next to the mosque (or a Christian equivalent to their multicultural centre), OR the mosque should be built a bit further away. I understand why it's being opened on 9/11, but just for arguments sake it should be opened on a different date, maybe a Muslim holiday like Eid. Also, I want to mention that even though the Quran has more violence in it compared to the Bible, it also has more peaceful passages. Oh and finally, instead of the current guy who owns the mosque, if people are that conserned he's part of the Hamas or whatever, he should be replaced with someone else. I am not American and I am Muslim so I understand if my point isn't considered valid or If it seems biased, so sorry about that.

@I think either a church should be built next to the mosque (or a Christian equivalent to their multicultural...

concerned*

Also, I read all the comments and I think this has been a good debate, even though some assholes were being ignorant and trying to make this into an arguement. That's why I love amirite? Cos anywhere else I wouldn't gone wouldn't probably be filled with comments like "stupid paki terrorist freaks! They bomb every1!" -_-

Srs debate is srs .

These comments just go back and forth.

I can't help but think that if this were Christians, instead of Muslims it'd be different. :/

sigh Nobody is rubbing it in anyone's face. Its previously said that 9/11 sucked for Muslims as well. And who are "they?" Twenty psychos brought down the towers. Unless its the very same twenty psychos building the mosques, then there's no reason to think anyone is rubbing it in anyone's face.

I think building a mosque there is awesome. Its a great, great gesture, and a way of making people understand that not ALL Muslims are terrorists and all YAYTOWERSDOWN! about it. Its a sign that we're FINALLY moving forwards from discrimination.

And the date obvs isn't coincidental, it's just to make the fact that it is a GESTURE clearer. People should just accept it and move on.

I find it disrespectful because they are going to build something on a place so many people died innocently. They should respect the place. That's just my opinion...so don't get mad.

Okay all that needs to be said is that it IS the Muslims that destroyed the towers, and they do NOT deserve to have any type of place of worship anywhere NEAR the place they destroyed. It would be the exact same thing if a group of christians destroyed a very important landmark in the middle east (which would never happen in the first place unprovoked), killing thousands of innocent people, then building a church on top of it. It doesn't matter that they were "extremists" or not, they were Muslim. The foundation of this country was based on Christianity and that's the way it should stay. I can understand having one somewhere that isn't so sensitive to so many families and people that were effected by what they did, but don't build one almost RIGHT on top of ground zero. That is one of the most disrespectful things I have EVER heard of, and for Obama to actually approve it? That's the makings of a bad president if i ever saw it. If you disagree, I have all the time in the world to ar...

akhockeys avatar akhockey Yeah You Are -1Reply
@akhockey Okay all that needs to be said is that it IS the Muslims that destroyed the towers, and they do NOT deserve to have...

That is so fucking ignorant. Pretty much what you're saying is: muslims=terrorists, terrorists =muslims. NOT true. I'm not a muslim, but if i was, i would be pretty damn pissed off if someone accused me of being a terrorist. The point of the mosque is to show peace between different cultures, not to mock 9/11. And who are you to say whether they "deserve" it or not? This country is not based on Christianity. Are you gonna go all Hitler on everyones ass that isn't christian? FACE IT. There are going to be different religions in this country. And NO, Obama is an amazing president to agree with this. He is open minded and tolerant. That's what this country needs.

Claras avatar Clara No Way 0Reply

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!! Someone who gets it! it very offensive. Kinda like they are rubbing it in our face that they killed so many people!

Rumbleroar38s avatar Rumbleroar38 Yeah You Are -1Reply

this post makes a valid point, they want a mosque on top of such a sad place, terrible things happend there, if anything, a memorial should be built there, not a mosque, its almost like saying "Here, you attacked us and destroyed this place, killing hundreds of people in the proccess, just so you can build a mosque here as a sign of conquering us.....thats fine, go ahead!" no, that dosnt happend, nor should it ever be allowed to build something there other than a memorial! it is extremly offensive what they want!

Braeden113s avatar Braeden113 Yeah You Are -2Reply
@Braeden113 this post makes a valid point, they want a mosque on top of such a sad place, terrible things happend there, if...

I'm pretty sure there is a memorial at ground zero... we're talking about a mosque two blocks from ground zero.

LewisLs avatar LewisL No Way +4Reply

What the fuck. Do you know the type of discrimination muslims face all the time? Not all muslims are bad. Not all muslims planned 9/11 together. WE are sad that peeople died, but it's not our fault and there is nothing we could have done about it. WE have the right to build whatever we want whereever we want, and America being a free country, we shouldn't be stopped for nothing

@What the fuck. Do you know the type of discrimination muslims face all the time? Not all muslims are bad. Not all...

no, you have no rights to build mosques anywhere within a 100 block radius of that place, your lucky we didnt kick all them muslims out, besides, everywhere because of your religion you get special benifits that normal people dont, some places you dont pay taxes, some places you pay a much lower morgage for your much nicer houses earned with our tax dollars! to fuck with discrimination, you wonder why people are mad? its because all the perks you get for just being a religion that tells you to go around and kill people, if I got all the benifits you guys got, i would stand for a little racist comment here and there, you ungratful ghads

Braeden113s avatar Braeden113 Yeah You Are -1Reply
@Braeden113 no, you have no rights to build mosques anywhere within a 100 block radius of that place, your lucky we didnt kick...

"kick all them muslims out"? i really wish i could see your point of view here.. unfortunately, i don't have the ability to shove my head THAT far up my ass.

Ground Zero itself is the Memorial...

Who the hell is stopping you? We're just saying its very inconsiderate, just put it somewhere else.

That is so disgraceful. America should not tolerate the same kind of people that cause 9.11 that affecting everyone in the country. This is exactly a slap in the face to all America!!!!

@That is so disgraceful. America should not tolerate the same kind of people that cause 9.11 that affecting everyone...

(STOPTERRORISM!): Okay seriously. All Muslims aren't terrorists. Now I'm getting annoyed because my feelings are strong it shouldn't be there.

But you're right. It affects every one in the country.
Hey look! Muslims live in America.
Learn to respect that.

@457570

True Americans know that in the Constitution there is religious freedom for all. And that there is pretty much freedom for all no matter what/that every one is equal.

You may not agree with the mosque desicion (like myself) but thats no reason to hate an entire group of people.

By the way this is going it seems like you're running late for a Clan meeting...

@True Americans know that in the Constitution there is religious freedom for all. And that there is pretty much...

rele? like are you serious? when did i ever say i was racist...becasue i am definately not..like i am not even going to defend myself to someone that can't/won't see both sides to situations.

@nicolell rele? like are you serious? when did i ever say i was racist...becasue i am definately not..like i am not even...

but don't you think the lives of the actual AMERICANS should be taken into onsoderstipn first?! ---> everybody who is a citizen in America is an American no matter race/religion. I disagree with the mosque. Which means I agree with you. But you're taking it too far. You're the definition of a redneck.

@but don't you think the lives of the actual AMERICANS should be taken into onsoderstipn first?! ---> everybody who...

ok i understand what you mean, and i do apologize for stating it that way..i should have given more consideration to my word choice.

@457570

Yeah, the way you said it, it sounded like you think being a "true American" means not tolerating anyone who wants to practice this religion.

It's the extremists putting this building up as a slap in the face. When the planes went down they were screaming "Allah Akbar" (please excuse my spelling) and now those words are going to ring to Ground zero five times a day? that's not cool.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are -8Reply
@wmstephaniefh Yeah, its just a figure of speech buddy.

How is that I don't even-

alright.whatever >.>

@LeoEckman How is that I don't even- alright.whatever >.>

Like the sound is ringing through the streets?

@wmstephaniefh Like the sound is ringing through the streets?

In the religious practice the bells are rung five or seven times (not sure) a day.

I thought you meant they would be practicing this. Sorry.

Why the hell is this so low rated? OP is right. Even if it's not the "very people" who were involved with 9/11, I think that the people who WERE involved would be happy about this. Is that what you people want?!

@Does that mean white people shouldn't wear cotton?

Um, if you're gonna try and make a comparison, atleast do a decent one that relates.
Okay, lets make a scenario. (its unlikely but bear with me) Lets say that a bunch of Christians go and bomb a completely Jewish country, killing thousands and destroying buildings. Then, a couple years later, a group of christians wants to put a cross right where the damage was done. Can you see how THAT would piss off the jews?

@Um, if you're gonna try and make a comparison, atleast do a decent one that relates. Okay, lets make a scenario...

Is America a Christian Country? Last time I checked It was pretty darn multicultural..

May I cite The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, and the colonization of the Americas.

@soccerfan May I cite The Crusades, The Spanish Inquisition, and the colonization of the Americas.

Okay, we're not persecuting the Muslims. They have over 100 other places to worship in NYC alone. So chill and stop acting high and mighty. This was hundreds of years ago (what you're bringing up). This is fresh in the minds of Americans and so many people died for their country and ARE dying for their country right now because of this ONE attack.

wmstephaniefhs avatar wmstephaniefh Yeah You Are +6Reply

First, the mosque is located 3 blocks away.
Second, I'm pretty sure in this situation that not all of the Christian banded together to go bomb some buildings. But then again that is just an assumption. What I'm trying to say is why blame all Christian for the actions of others?

@First, the mosque is located 3 blocks away. Second, I'm pretty sure in this situation that not all of the Christian...

First off three blocks is still extremely close in perspective. People need to stop acting loke it's 10 miles away.

Oh you mean an unlikely situation like how Christians tried to take Jerusalem by force between 1096 and 1272, murdered thousands, and then erected churches over their graves?
Just shut up and stop being so intolerant.

@Why the hell is this so low rated? OP is right. Even if it's not the "very people" who were involved with 9/11, I...

No, the hijackers would probably not be happy that the building is goin there. The building is a center about Islam and is all about religious tolerance. It shows that Americans understand that the average Muslim isn't a terrorist and shows that despite 9/11, America hasn't compromised it's religious freedom. Somehow I don't think that that's what the hijackers were going for.

No asshole. Just because around 20 Muslims killed all those people, doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorist you judgmental fuck. I'm Muslim and I know DAMN well I don't like it when innocent people die. So shut the fuck up and get your damn facts straight. Stop assuming, idiot.

@stfuplease No asshole. Just because around 20 Muslims killed all those people, doesn't mean all Muslims are terrorist you...

If you are muslim and don't like it leave! GO BACK it fine with me; I would actually be happy to have one less terrorist here.

@If you are muslim and don't like it leave! GO BACK it fine with me; I would actually be happy to have one less...

I'm not a terrorist. Look, I don't know how old you are, but I guarantee you're older than 14. And if you are, you are extremely immature and small minded. Just a little heads up, karma will bite you in the ass sooner or later.

@yeah karma or another plane hijacked by you, right?

I'm 15, I have NO idea how to even drive a plane. And it's kinda sad how you vote your own comment up. You're pathetic.

@stfuplease I'm 15, I have NO idea how to even drive a plane. And it's kinda sad how you vote your own comment up. You're pathetic.

haha actually i didnt maybe it was another american and i am pretty sure that you could get one of your kind to show you how.

If anything, the jihadists would be even more upset by it because the more mainstream Muslims reaching out to the rest of the world is the last thing they want.