+286

After Obama's time in office is over, the next election will probably go to the Republicans. When people are unhappy with that president, the next one will be a Democrat. And so on and so forth, because 300 million people can never be satisfied, amirite?

JLoves avatar
1 7
The voters have decided that JLove is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@472112

actually, historically, that is exactly what happens lol...the country goes through phases where it needs republican ideals, hence the Reagan and Bush era after gerald ford and Jimmy carter, then after the country wanted change, they elect a democrat, Bill clinton, to office. Then after America is sick of the democrats, they elect George Bush, and after two terms that many Americans find disagreeable, they elect Barack Obama, a democrat, to instill "change". If you look throughout history, there is a constant cycle.

johnnyes avatar johnnye Yeah You Are +10Reply
@johnnye actually, historically, that is exactly what happens lol...the country goes through phases where it needs...

I recognize that this cycle happens over a course of twenty or thirty year periods, but not with presidents individually. Historically, there has never been alternations between every single president.

@hwangel I recognize that this cycle happens over a course of twenty or thirty year periods, but not with presidents...

yeah, you're right. But you never know. At least right now, I think if the Republican party can get its act together and not let the Tea Party movement result in a split in the party as a whole(which always makes that party lose), I think that they have a chance over the Democrats in the next election because frankly, a lot of people are unhappy with Obama's first term thus far. I was more referring to the fact that the idea that people's ideas are constantly shifting in cycles bewteen favoring republican and democratic ideals is true.

johnnyes avatar johnnye Yeah You Are +1Reply
@johnnye yeah, you're right. But you never know. At least right now, I think if the Republican party can get its act...

The only thing is, the Republicans said that if they get a majority, they will do exactly everything they did before 2006--which won't make people happy.

@hwangel The only thing is, the Republicans said that if they get a majority, they will do exactly everything they did...

but like is said in this amirite post, people are never satisfied with the "change" they want. I guess we'll just wait and see what happens.

johnnyes avatar johnnye Yeah You Are 0Reply
@472112

Historically, a black president had never happened either. Anything can happen. And it has been happening since Bush, Sr.

JLoves avatar JLove Yeah You Are +5Reply
@JLove Historically, a black president had never happened either. Anything can happen. And it has been happening since...

black president, obviously. i was looking at administrations in office as a whole. but i guess you're right about bush sr till now