+614

When you simplify a sport, it just doesn't sound as fun, (track: running in circles) amirite?

Sports
8 46

Wrestling: two men having sex.

Swimming: ... swimming.

Track doesn't sound fun to begin with, to me.

Tennis: hittin some balls hard, with an occasional grunt

BaconIsGoodForMes avatar BaconIsGoodForMe Yeah You Are +10Reply

Tennis: hitting a ball back and forth over a net

Debate: squabbling, then taking a bow

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +5Reply

Nascar: Same concept, except with race cars.

@crazyllamas Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks.

Id like ter know whutchur talkin' bout son. i thouroughly enjoy NESCURR. Its the most entertainin sport on the tv box. Dont make me pull out muh shotgun rifle that i kill deer and homosexuals with

Curling..who am I kidding?

plotbunnyhunters avatar plotbunnyhunter Yeah You Are +3Reply

Track: Running like hell in an organized direction.

Volleyball: getting a ball over a net

@783795

Actually, Basketball: Get your ball into a hole, while running all around

TheTall123s avatar TheTall123 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Baseball: Hit ball. Run. OR Catch ball. Throw. Try to get guy out.

@783834

Oh em jeezush. I was just playing with Pablo Sanchez on Backyard Soccer just now.

@783834

its actually used as a real term too. not just in backyard baseball

Sure you can make any sport sound lame, but you can also make them sound epic in simple words. Track: Running around a track as if you were being chased by wild tigers/cheetahs

Football: Running or throwing a ball ten yards.

Tuckers avatar Tucker Yeah You Are 0Reply

badminton: whacking a shuttlecock back and forth

Dancing-"DANCING IS NOT A SPORT!"
....
raise hand
no patrick, watermelon is not a sport either.

@rockerman1080 Dancing-"DANCING IS NOT A SPORT!" .... raise hand no patrick, watermelon is not a sport either.

that is NOT the quote.
It's "is Mayonnaise an instrument?"
"No patrick, mayonnaise in not an instrument."
raises hand
"Horseraddish is not an instrument either."
lowers hand

@785452

scoore

@785452

Well i'm sorry that I didn't Major in Kid's TV Show quotes. I wasn't going to go searching for that episode to get it word for word, since anyways this was a post about sports and not instruments, but the situation was similar to that scene.

I would have taken your correction wholeheartedly, but when@785452 (BonslyGuy): said that I had been "pwned" ... I could not stand for it.
First of all, because we are not playing a game, and thus I was not owned by a player (player-owned) and not even owned by a user, simply corrected by a user.

Pwned is a demeaning term for this situation, and I know slang. If the situation were, maybe, an argument, of some sort, and I attempted to start one, rather weakly, and you came back with a very strong rebuttal which thus ended the argument right there and then, that would be an appropriate time to use the slang "pwn"

But such a time did not occur.

And that, is my case, your honor. Thank you.

@rockerman1080 Well i'm sorry that I didn't Major in Kid's TV Show quotes. I wasn't going to go searching for that episode to get...

woopdee freakin do.
And spongebob is legit, you SHOULD make it your goal to memorize some patrick quotes.

@BaconIsGoodForMe woopdee freakin do. And spongebob is legit, you SHOULD make it your goal to memorize some patrick quotes.

You probably didn't even read my comment. And technically, it's not a patrick quote, it's a squidward quote.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!!!!!

@rockerman1080 You probably didn't even read my comment. And technically, it's not a patrick quote, it's a squidward...

actually, i did read your comment, and you just sounded like you were overreacting so iii said "woopdee freakin doo." and its both of their quotes, but patrick made the quote funny.

@787539

gosh guys i made that huge post simply for comedy in no seriousness at all...

Soccer: trying to get your team's ball into the other team's net.

@hellolea Soccer: trying to get your team's ball into the other team's net.

You make it sound like there's more than one ball in soccer...

Hockey: Beating the crap out of each other with sticks trying to get a little black thing in a net.

Basketball: Putting a ball through a hoop

bowling: rolling a ball to tip over pins

Quidditch: trying to score a ball into raised hoops while avoiding other violent balls, during which two players seek out a small, elusive ball, with everyone flying on broomsticks.

No wait, that still sounds awesome.

I think it makes them sound just as fun as they are.