71 161

This is because the majority of cheerleaders are females, and the majority of football players males. Gay men are considered to be feminine (so they are considered gay on cheer leading squads), and gay women are considered to be masculine (so they are considered lesbians on football teams). It's just stereotypical.

For example, if the majority of men wore skirts instead of women, then skirts would be considered a male thing. Most women who would wear skirts would then be considered lesbians, just as most women who wear loose, torn up baggy jeans are considered lesbians.

Humans naturally stereotype. It's just what we do, even if we don't like it.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +103Reply
@Synesthesia I think this was more of a silly and rhetorical post... But, you know. Whatever PO's your TD.

It's never bad to educate people, even if the question was rhetorical.

But I think I got a few things wrong in that post seeing as how it was written over a year ago.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +1Reply

How often does the guy cheerleader get the hot cheerleader?

@Jess_Doherty Only in Fired Up.

Never happens in real life. Thats why straight guys aren't cheerleaders

@purplestickypunch Never happens in real life. Thats why straight guys aren't cheerleaders

This guy on our school's squad is super hot and is definately not gay. He's supposedly gotten with most of the girls on the squad. My step-dad was a cheerleader and he's not feminine at all.

Madies avatar Madie Yeah You Are +1Reply

(football/chearleader): I would like to note that I play football and cheer in college. I'm sraight and I still get hte girls I want regaurdless of me being as part of the cheer squad.....I wish this sterotype of male cheerleaders being gay would end....

@(football/chearleader): I would like to note that I play football and cheer in college. I'm sraight and I still get...

unfortunately, it would appear that your social endeavors conflicted with your ability to type words correctly despite a real neat-o thing called "spell check"

alittleannoyeds avatar alittleannoyed Yeah You Are 0Reply
@purplestickypunch How often does the guy cheerleader get the hot cheerleader?

I don't know, there are no male cheerleaders on the cheer leading squad at my school. However, if you got a bunch of attractive, masculine men on the cheer leading squad, this would definitely change the perspective of the cheer leading squad stereotype, same when putting a group of females on a football team.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +25Reply

Have you ever seen male cheerleader muscles? They rival those of the football team, to be honest.
I want to see a football player pick up one of the girls and hold her above his head with one arm.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +49Reply
@MSPBJJP Haha true

The average cheerleader weighs maybe 115 pounds, while the average high school football player can bench press twice that.

@soccerfan The average cheerleader weighs maybe 115 pounds, while the average high school football player can bench press...

Yes, but lifting weights is completely different than lifting people. And you don't get biceps that large from lifting 115-pound weights.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Stepharoo Yes, but lifting weights is completely different than lifting people. And you don't get biceps that large from...

You ever tried? But I was saying they lift twice as much, so lifting a cheerleader wouldn't be a problem.

@soccerfan You ever tried? But I was saying they lift twice as much, so lifting a cheerleader wouldn't be a problem.

What, lifting weights and lifting people? Yes, I have.
But you work different muscle groups. I'm saying that I want to see a football player lift a cheerleader with one arm fully extended, because that's what male college cheerleaders do. And until I see that happen, my opinion won't be swayed.

Stepharoos avatar Stepharoo Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's more shoulder pressing and most football players can still do way more than 115. I agree with you.

I'd just like to say that all of the cheerleaders at my school range from 120 to 180 pounds. Just wanted to throw that out there.

@I'd just like to say that all of the cheerleaders at my school range from 120 to 180 pounds. Just wanted to throw...

Its mostly the smaller ones who get lifted above everybody else nobody really in the 180 pound range

@Stepharoo Have you ever seen male cheerleader muscles? They rival those of the football team, to be honest. I want to see a...

I agree. Body weight exercises are alot tougher. Yoga and gymnastics could make even a really heavy lifter feel week.

You can look gay or straight doing anything. A gay guy still looks gay playing football and a straight guy still looks straight cheerleading.

wobbuffets avatar wobbuffet Yeah You Are +32Reply

I think is to whole having sex with other guys thing that makes them gay.

I know a guy cheerleader and he is not gay or even bisexual, and he's pretty cute.

a lot of times they hold up the pyramid

@1626205

..what else would you call it?

Im a cheerleader and there has only been one guy that ive cheered with and he is gay

@Im a cheerleader and there has only been one guy that ive cheered with and he is gay

The point is that not every male cheerleader is gay. Certainly some are.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +3Reply
@1626264

Sure, if you read it wrong.

There was no implication to the sexuality of a football player. At all. There was only the implication that it's hard to consider a male cheerleader to be gay when they get to touch more women than a straight male does.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +4Reply

Stop with all the gay jokes! Cum on guys!

@Kashish Stop with all the gay jokes! Cum on guys!

I was gonna tell you a gay joke, butt fuck it. >.>

@Ah yes, a redditor.

At one point I thought you were calling me a retard. Then I realized the word Reddit. Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't use Reddit, if that's what you meant.

I think they're both straight sports. No people ever give Football credit, nor do they give cheerleading credit. Footballs not just banging head and tackling, you have to be in really really good condition to play it. You need to be fast, and storng, as well as dedicated. Im sure most football players do not ENJOY sticking their hand between some other guys legs. But male cheerleaders need to be athletic, strong, and dedicated to. They're both athletes, the only deifference is the way people view them.

We have male cheerleaders at my school, we call them yell leaders, and they are the hottest, sexiest guys at the school and totally not gay.

Personally, I'd rather date a cheerleader (or a dancer( before a football player.
Maybe it's just me because I AM a dancer, and I'd more easily relate to a dancer/cheerleader.

@RosesAndNerds Personally, I'd rather date a cheerleader (or a dancer( before a football player. Maybe it's just me because I AM a...

I'm dating a dancer and he's very cute, 100% straight and has more muscles than the sports students at my college :)

@CarmelFuzzy This is a repeat. http://www.amirite.net/158834

Repeat of like some comment made decades ago...

RandyMichzs avatar RandyMichz Yeah You Are -5Reply
@RandyMichz Repeat of like some comment made decades ago...

Can you explain your comment, because it actually makes absolutely no sense to me.

@Discord He's saying this post used to be a comment

But she lank a post, not a comment, and this post is a repeat of the post that she lank, so his comment is irrelevant

So our society is so concerned with being fair and tolerant that we make it okay for guys to cheer, good, that's how it should be, but calling football players gay isn't any better.

Male cheerleaders are so hot!

I like football and I'm a girl.. Am I a lesbo now?

@thatsjustmii I like football and I'm a girl.. Am I a lesbo now?

That's one of the prerequisites, so you are well on your way to becoming a lesbian.

It really depends if you're talking about this http://ctrlv.in/61513 or this http://ctrlv.in/61514

Favvkess avatar Favvkes Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Favvkes you're my new favorite poster

Ha, just because of my comment? I'm serious though, this post is kind of lame, but your comment was definitely innovative, I salute you for making it worth my time to read through all those comments

I love how this has more comments and votes than the POTD

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@1626271

I have. Several times.

Yeah, because the creepy guy who joins the cheerleading squad to touch girls and look up their skirts is more likely gonna get some action over the buff jock who looks like he could lift up a car.

I just tried out for the cheer team of my college, and i AM i guy, and i'm NOT gay. Im not in it because i want to touch girls, i'm in it because it's a fun sport... and if anyone laughs at me, I'll just reply that i get to hang out with the hottest girls in the school :P I just think its too bad that theres so many negative stereotypes surrounding guy cheerleaders.

Hasn't this already been the POTD?

I believe you are talking about the wonderful sport of hand egg.

it's because they're so hot.

Has this been homepaged before? Plus, it's an outrageously obvious repeat.

cherryblasters avatar cherryblaster Yeah You Are +3Reply

I feel like I have seen this post like 39891190189289 times. And I feel like this thought is too well-known. The POTD should be a unique thought and not one that has been reprocessed so many times.

Ugh, for the last time. You're not gay if you're a male cheerleader. You're not gay if you play football. You're only gay if you are attracted to your own sex. A sport or recreational activity doesn't define your sexuality, even if said activity is generally enjoyed/practiced by gay people.

EVERYONE IS GAY. WE GET IT. No matter what someone does they say the opposite is gay and they aren't. Get over it, amirite?

I got bored reading all your comments so I'm sorry if this has already been said:
Gay guys don't play football because they are too wimpy to take the pain of being tackled.

Assuming this is talking about high school, guy cheerleaders really don't get to do that stuff. In high school, you do some tumbling, some cheers and some stunts. That's it (at least the ones I've seen). There is no groping involved.

And besides, the whole audience gets to look up the girls' skirts, it's not like they have nothing on under their skirt.

My boyfriend is a male cheerleader. I'm pretty sure HE'S not gay. And I'm on the football team. I'M not a lesbian. And anyway, my boyfriend is stronger than I am, and I'm one of the best on our team. Cheerleading is some serious business, and I admire the men and women who do it. It takes serious strength, flexibility, and determination to master it. People ought to stop stereotyping and give all of them the credit they deserve.

How is this not the POTD?

strbcksrckss avatar strbcksrcks Yeah You Are +2Reply

How did this get re- homepaged?

OFWGKTAs avatar OFWGKTA Yeah You Are +2Reply

I agree with the first part but I don't think football is at all gay.

Matt_the_Jews avatar Matt_the_Jew Yeah You Are +1Reply

Heheh my boyfriend was a cheerleader for a few months and hes pretty manly. I don't know how this has anything to do with anything, butttttt congrats on POTD ;)

@1626283

That's because women knew their place

(im a girl) if you guys think football players are gay, what about wrestling? in my opinion wrestling is very attractive, but that doesnt mean that the guys are gay. and im sure that some gay guys join the football team/wrestling team so that they can touch other sweaty hot guys.

lizziemacs avatar lizziemac Yeah You Are 0Reply

The one male cheerleader at my school is really funny and nice to everybody but all anybody can say about him is "He is totally gay." "I don't like him because I think he's gay." It sickens me.

BeatrixNemesiss avatar BeatrixNemesis Yeah You Are 0Reply

This is a repeat!!! >:O

@This is a repeat!!! >:O

This comment is a repeat!!! >:O

how could you be considered gay if you cheer with GIRLS? your only gay if you tackle boys and stuff like in football. OP is right.

@cheer4mia how could you be considered gay if you cheer with GIRLS? your only gay if you tackle boys and stuff like in...

So you're against assuming that all male cheerleaders are gay, but you jumped right into saying that all football players were gay.

@scrantoncity Tackling boys isn't gay... But I don't think all cheerleaders are gay.

yeah...bad example. my point is just that how could being with girls and stuff be gay?

I'm a cheerleader myself and some teams require boys.

I'm sick and tired of this bullshit and ignorance that goes around this site. Cheerleaders are seen as gay because they are in a primarily feminine sport. Just like someone might be considered gay if he took a sewing class. I don't know about you guys, but its pretty gay to want to hang out with a bunch of girls instead of your bros when the girls aren't interested in your dick.

@DontJudge I'm sick and tired of this bullshit and ignorance that goes around this site. Cheerleaders are seen as gay because...

First off, this entire post was just a joke, I'm surprised anyone took it seriously. Second, you say you're tired of "bullshit and ignorance" and then immediately follow that with saying that hanging out with girls is gay unless they want to have sex with you? That's irrelevant, maybe they just have friends that are girls, you can't make that assumption.

@BurntToastCastle First off, this entire post was just a joke, I'm surprised anyone took it seriously. Second, you say you're tired...

He said, "instead of your bros." Also it's not really "bullshit and ignorance" seeing as that is what many gay men do.

I agree with your first point, though. It's hilarious how many people are getting all worked up over this joke.

Most football players are: "Dick-hoe-cocksucking-scumbags." amirite

Have you ever seen male cheerleaders cheer? It looks kinda gay.

@soccerfan Have you ever seen male cheerleaders cheer? It looks kinda gay.

so does wearing really tight pants, sticking your butt in another guys face and then bear-hugging him to the ground. a lot of shit looks weird. don't knock it before you try it.

@520250

By kinda gay, I meant that it looks really feminine.

@soccerfan By kinda gay, I meant that it looks really feminine.

as does ballet, but a lot of athletes- especially foot ball players- engage in it as a way to build up their strength/skill.

@Kashish And for you, http://ctrlv.in/61543 I have a visual aid.

I was totally trolling with that comment and it was so long ago I completely forgot about it hahaha. Your reactions were amusing

but when it comes down too it, girls would rather have the guy who can make them scream then go make em a sammich then the guy who will get Mani and pedi's in bed wit them Amirite?

@but when it comes down too it, girls would rather have the guy who can make them scream then go make em a sammich...

Actually, I'd rather have a sweet, scrawny, smart guy.
But, if they're all taken, I'd choose a male cheerleader over a football player. 99.9% of the football players at my school are tools.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +20Reply

girls would rather have a non douche-bag boyfriend. don't kid yourself "make girls scream". we want a man whose not so insecure about his masculinity and he's willing to take risks.

Well the answer is simple, while the male cheerleaders are girling it up with the cheerleaders, the real men are out manning it up.... Real men don't play and have fun with girls, real men crush and destroy.... Duh!!!

@Well the answer is simple, while the male cheerleaders are girling it up with the cheerleaders, the real men are...

I'm sorry but that's one of the most stereotypical things I've ever heard. So now guys can't have school spirit unless they bash their skulls in or something?

@465165

forgot to hit anon?

@465165

lol sorry, I clicked on the wrong tab :)

how are football players gay the are not attracted to each otherr there for not gay

@crazyvt22 how are football players gay the are not attracted to each otherr there for not gay

putting aside the fact that you are completely oblivious to everything. (ever.) i don't feel that you can accurately make the statement that every football player is straight.

they smack eachothers asses and act gay on purpose half the time...

ravensrules avatar ravensrule Yeah You Are +34Reply
@ravensrule they smack eachothers asses and act gay on purpose half the time...

umm well obvisly (excuse my english) u have nevver played any american foot ball

@crazyvt22 well noone on my team has ever acted "gay"

just because your team hasn't doesn't mean every team hasn't

ravensrules avatar ravensrule Yeah You Are +21Reply
@ravensrule just because your team hasn't doesn't mean every team hasn't

Just becuse your team has doesn't men all of them do

@crazyvt22 i didnt say none of them do

you said that "obvisly u have nevver played any american foot ball" that pretty much implies it

ravensrules avatar ravensrule Yeah You Are +16Reply

It's just saying there's a bunch of guys trying to tackle the guy with the biggest ball, and if they get lucky, they can strip, and run with their ball.

@amiritesucksnow It's just saying there's a bunch of guys trying to tackle the guy with the biggest ball, and if they get lucky...

While it's true that that sounds very perverted it is not really that sexual. It is not gay

@crazyvt22 While it's true that that sounds very perverted it is not really that sexual. It is not gay

If it is perverted it is sexual. If there is something sexual involving one or more guys, it is gay.

@pikabeau If it is perverted it is sexual. If there is something sexual involving one or more guys, it is gay.

It isn't perverted or sexual it just sounds sexual. Did you even read the comment?

@crazyvt22 It isn't perverted or sexual it just sounds sexual. Did you even read the comment?

You said yourself that it sounded perverted. The connotation of perverted is sexual. Something that is sexual that involves people of the same sex is very gay.

Football might not be a sexual sport, but the comment was making it seem like it is. I shouldn't have to spell this out for you.

@pikabeau You said yourself that it sounded perverted. The connotation of perverted is sexual. Something that is sexual that...

Saying something that sounds sexual doesn't make it sexual. For example, I like nuts in my mouth could mean either I like to eat nuts (the edible kind) or I like male genitals in my mouth. Sounds perverted right? That doesn't make it perverted.

@crazyvt22 Saying something that sounds sexual doesn't make it sexual. For example, I like nuts in my mouth could mean either...

The other person obviously meant it in a sexual way, meaning it is perverted. I could say that I would lick the cream out of your oreo and I would either mean I would like to eat the middle of a cookie you're eating, or I want to perform oral sex on you. Because of the context I say it in, I obviously mean the sexual version.

@crazyvt22 It was meant to sound sexual, but those actions are not sexual.

But the way they said it makes it seem sexual, which is the whole point. Do you not know how the internetz works?

Football players are all homosexual males who become aroused at the sight of other males. They get the urge to sodomize, and in turn, be sodomized. They wish to engage in sexual acts with other males. The thought of fornication with the same sex is a thought that football players enjoy. They are fucking gay is what I'm saying.

@Mike_Hawk Football players are all homosexual males who become aroused at the sight of other males. They get the urge to...

You are so misinformed. In the off chance that you are not trolling you are a stereotypical shit head.

true. but seriously i pretty much only date football players and i would NEVER date a male cheerleader! no offense.

@true. but seriously i pretty much only date football players and i would NEVER date a male cheerleader! no offense.

I'm not a cheerleader, but you sound like one helluva fucking whore. Like the bitchy popular girl that nobody likes kinda whore.

AdonisBatheuss avatar AdonisBatheus Yeah You Are +61Reply

"i would NEVER date a male cheerleader! .. no offense."... REALLY? just.. really?

god you're dumb.

Wow. Shallow bitch.
What if they had great personalities? And they're strong. Male cheerleaders have to be muscular, for one. They have to do gymnastics, flips, and hold up the girls for pyramids.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +14Reply

You shouldn't judge people on one thing they do. I know for a fact someone can be part of a group or something that seems really weird to you and they can turn out to be one of the coolest people you know.

Anonymous