+326

if drugs were legalized, they would be processed and sold through clean shops instead of dirty allyways, amirite?

Pot_heads avatar Countries & Places
2 32
The voters have decided that Pot_head is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah. We should legalize murder so people don't have to do that in dirty allyways too.

@AllAtOnce Yeah. We should legalize murder so people don't have to do that in dirty allyways too.

Muder is someone killing another. There is no victim in someone taking drugs. Why should we be able to dictate what people can do to themselves? Besides, you obviously don't realize how great legalization would be for this country. A large amount of murders only happened because drugs are illegal.

@Mike_Hawk Muder is someone killing another. There is no victim in someone taking drugs. Why should we be able to dictate what...

Yeah, i understand drug wars kill a lot of people, but people on drugs kill a lot of people too. I'm all for the legalization of most drugs, but some are just too risky in my opinion.

@AllAtOnce Yeah, i understand drug wars kill a lot of people, but people on drugs kill a lot of people too. I'm all for the...

I can understand that, but honestly, alcohol is the most destructive drug, and it's already legal. The thing is, the more options that are open to people, the less that are going to select the most harmful option. As a quick comparison, alcohol is the 3rd leading cause of death in the world, with 100,000 deaths per year in the US alone. Every illegal drug combined only causes 11,500 deaths per year. It just goes to show that the most harmful are already legal.

attempted suicide is illegal and we arrest people who try to kill themselves because they are harming themselves. By using drugs you're essentially killing yourself so why shouldn't users be arrested? I don't support legalization or decriminalization and I think tobacco and alcohol should both be illegal.

@AllanFoFallan attempted suicide is illegal and we arrest people who try to kill themselves because they are harming themselves...

Why should we arrest someone for attempting suicide? Why can we tell people how to live their lives? If an action is not physically affecting someone other than the user, why is it illegal? If you truly support the war on drugs, you support the downfall of civilization. I already told you that most drugs aren't as bad as you think. Cars, dogs, precription pills, guns, etc. all kill more people per year than drugs, should they be illegal, too? You don't know what you're talking about, so stop talking in general.

That is not even a good comparison. With murder you are physically hurting someone else, with drugs you are only physically hurting yourself.

@That is not even a good comparison. With murder you are physically hurting someone else, with drugs you are only...

it's funny that you think the only people hurt by drugs are the ones taking them. thats not true at all. it affects everyone around you because they have to see another side of you that they don't like and it hurts them to see you hurt yourself like that.

@it's funny that you think the only people hurt by drugs are the ones taking them. thats not true at all. it affects...

There's no law against being an asshole, is there? No, there isn't. It may be unfortunate and painful to watch someone do drugs, but it's nowhere near on the level of killing someone.

@Mike_Hawk There's no law against being an asshole, is there? No, there isn't. It may be unfortunate and painful to watch...

i never said they compared at all, i was just replying to the fact that they think drugs don't affect anyone but the user, which isnt true. and if the reason you're being an asshole is because you're doing drugs, then yes, that would be illegal.

I have an idea! How about we market a toy called "My little meth lab" so that little kids can learn how to make meth without consulting their creepy neighbors!

@Lkun I have an idea! How about we market a toy called "My little meth lab" so that little kids can learn how to make...

Legalization would mean the drugs are regulated and sold in stores where the clerk has to I.D. the customer. Surveys show that alcohol (legal) is actually harder to obtain than any other drug (illegal). This is because dealers don't care about the law or how old you are. If you have money, you can buy from them. There's also the lack of quality control, which means that the riskier behavior is also the easier one. Pretty silly, isn't it?

@Lkun sigh It's called being facetious.

Then I apologize. There is little evidence to determine whether or not someone is being serious over the internet.

People usually do not get their drugs from allyways, even if it's crack. You know your dealer so you don't smoke shit.

@People usually do not get their drugs from allyways, even if it's crack. You know your dealer so you don't smoke shit.

it's a figure of speach. it wouldn't be underhanded, and your drugs could still be laced with harmful, harder drugs, if that's not what you're looking for and it's very dangerous as it is now, not legalized. there wouldn't be any trouble looking for a dealer/worry about it not being safe.

Pot_heads avatar Pot_head Yeah You Are +2Reply
@AllanFoFallan drugs are harmful in every way anyways.

Hm, that's a pretty broad statement from such a narrow mind. Drugs actually generally affect a very limited amount of systems or parts of the body, and quite a few are harmless. The only drug I can think of that would be harmful in "every way" would be alcohol. That's the only drug that negatively impacts almost every system in the body. Guess what? It's legal.

You are 100% correct, and anyone who disagrees doesn't know what they are talking about, clearly evidenced by some of the above comments. y smilie

@1086985

Well, you can buy tobacco by itself, without all the additives. I'm sure weed would remain the same, as well as the possibility of being able to grow it, ourselves.

@1087179

In California, they already make medical marijauna into various types of food, like lollipops, candy bars, cheese, etc. A chew would be pretty cool. But still, I don't see that. I assume I don't see that because people who smoke tobacco in general don't care enough about their health to not buy cigarettes. I, and a myriad of other people, would take the time to buy pure weed if it were available.

@1087217

Obviously, but it's not like you can grow pure THC. They take advantage of it's fat solubility in order to heat and extract it from the cannabis in order to grant it safe passage through the destructive stomach acid that would otherwise destroy most of the THC, allowing a larger concentration to be absorbed in the intestines. Sorry, I'll try to be more specific next time. Of course shewing tobacco isn't cool, but you seem 100% intent on ignoring the fact that I don't think they would put the crap in a weed-chew.

@1087254

Decriminalization only brings about the end of people being thrown in jail over it. The crime is still there, people are still dealing off the streets without quality control, and you can still get fined for it. The positives of full legalization/regulation are absolutely overwhelming, and decriminalization doesn't help any of that.

If you play Russian Roulette, you know you may get the bad end. You want to abuse substances, you get the fun of risky mix and seedy people. People don't care enough about their health and body they will buy it clean or dirty.

Only health wise cares we should have are getting the user clean or if the user has kids then seperate them if they wont get clean.

Saying this is like saying we should supply pedo's with lube and condoms so they don't get friction burn or HIV. Fuck them if they are selfish enough to do it.

Unuseds avatar Unused No Way -3Reply
@Unused If you play Russian Roulette, you know you may get the bad end. You want to abuse substances, you get the fun of...

I fail to see the comparison drawn between legalizing drugs and aiding pedophiles. You obviously don't know how amazing the legalization of all drugs would be, so I'll give you a little bit of education on the ubject.

http://www.bmstahoe.com/Drugs/legaldrugs.htm

@Mike_Hawk I fail to see the comparison drawn between legalizing drugs and aiding pedophiles. You obviously don't know how...

My god... I read that link. Is the writer retarded? Half of those issues would be the same if you legalised rape and murder. Less tax money and less court time. Allows police to deal with other matters. Less crime.

Unuseds avatar Unused No Way -2Reply

Tell you what, if it isnt then make it legal sell Cyanide and go spread the joy. Drugs are not amazing, the effects can be crippling and the effects are not just on the user but on everyone around them. I will not humour the idea of suggesting to kids it is ok or cool or safe. If alcohol wasn't so rooted I'd suggest banning that but now it would cripple a lot of countries. Tobacco would too.

We have the lottery as a form of idiot tax, do not need drugs legal too.

Unuseds avatar Unused No Way -4Reply
@Unused Tell you what, if it isnt then make it legal sell Cyanide and go spread the joy. Drugs are not amazing, the effects...

I. . . I can't tell if you're being serious. If you are, I'd like to be the first to inform you that you are a MASSIVE idiot.