+460

You have the right not to believe that stem cell research is immoral. You should not have the right to stop someone from getting a life-saving treatment, amirite?

Technology
4 75

really its not even thats its immoral the real debate is when life start. some believe at conception, others dont. what i believe is that if the baby has died in the womb then the parents should be able to decide. or abortions too. i mean its not like the baby needs them. its like being an organ donor. when you die, wouldnt you like to know that you couldve helped someone else live? its the exact same thing. i think stem cell research is positive.

SpencerNewtons avatar SpencerNewton Yeah You Are +8Reply

Scrant- How are you going to say "Also, I thought moralless babykillers liked homosexuals? Isn't it the same people?" and claim you're a Christian? There's no polite way to say this, but shut the fuck up. You're pretentious nature must be exausting, maybe you should go to another website, spread your twisted views and corrupt morals elsewhere, hmmm? You must feel like such a hardass, claiming you're more intelligent than other people on a fucking WEBSITE.

wow, christians are fucking whack sometimes.

you worded that horribly

scrantoncity, I honestly feel sorry for you.

scrantoncity loves homosexuals and beastiality porn

Do you mean "you have the right to believe that stem cell research is immoral"?

@soccerfan Do you mean "you have the right to believe that stem cell research is immoral"?

@481466 (scrantoncity): @481441 (soccerfan25): yeah, i did, im sorry.

It's not like we're going out and killing embryos to use their stem cells. The stem cells are usually garnered from embryos that would have gone to waste anyway. Instead of wasting them, why not save a life?

There's my two cents, which will of course sway no one with strong, emotional and/or religious opinions. This is just how I see it.

scrantoncity loves dick

Nope. Stem cells are basically special cells which have the ability to change into different cells. So in a fetus some of them will go on to form the heart, some the bones etc.
These special cells are harder to obtain in adults.
The stem cells can be obtained from fetuses as small as 50 cells which I certainly wouldn't consider to be a human life.
They're also developing methods which wouldn't result in the termination of the fetus.

I think this poster is a little undereducated on the topic
first I have never met someone who said stem cell treatment is unethical, only EMBRYONIC stem cell research
second they have found that the adult stem cell research has been much more productive and has helped cure more people
so I don't really see the point of this argument if the same "life saving treatment" can be done without using an unborn baby

Stem cell research is awful! I could have had so much more babies in my basement right now but noooo! Lets kill them so Pedo_Bear can't get any!!!

..Mmkay...I'm confused as to what exactly the stem cells are?
They're the eggs, right?

@R3m7 ..Mmkay...I'm confused as to what exactly the stem cells are? They're the eggs, right?

steam cells means that it's a cell that can grow into any type of cell, unlike most (ex. skin cells can only grow into skin cells). so yeah, it's eggs and bone marrow that are stem cells.

miggless avatar miggles Yeah You Are 0Reply

Scrantoncity talks shit. Conservative christian my ass. He likes fucking Harry Potter. Pagan devil in a Sunday hat. And he likes dick.

@Scrantoncity talks shit. Conservative christian my ass. He likes fucking Harry Potter. Pagan devil in a Sunday hat...

you can like Harry Potter and still be a Christian, it's not like he believes in magic or praises it

The only time abortion would be acceptable is if the mother and the baby would both die.

@The only time abortion would be acceptable is if the mother and the baby would both die.

and if JUST the mother would die?

plus stem cells DON'T come from aborted babies, those are dead, thus useless. It's like saying every time you get your period you're committing murder, and if thats true I murder someone once a month.

@and if JUST the mother would die? plus stem cells DON'T come from aborted babies, those are dead, thus useless...

if the mother and baby were BOTH pregnant. I didn't say anything about stem cell research. I was looking at the arguement above talking about abortion how it may be wrong or not, so I guess I should've replied to one of those posts instead.
And if just the mother would die, than it would be up to the parents. It would be great if the mom sacrificed (I dont know if thats to strong of word) herself so her baby could live.

Kates avatar Kate Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oh mass murdering thugs! I leave for just a little and a cascade of personal insults seep into my vision. I do not think it's right to resort to such Ill-informed 'facts' when your argument is invalid. I do not like bestiality porn, or porn or any kind. Also, I thought moralless babykillers liked homosexuals? Isn't it the same people? Anyways, please refrain from blatant lies and personal attacks in the future, and try to be civilized, not like the apes you believe you were in a past life. Or some other nonsense. At least I can keep my cool, and not resort to such ignoble tactics.

@scrantoncity lolwut

ummm, no. you should know what youre saying if you bashing people.

@scrantoncity lolwut

lolwut? Are you attacking the facts without actually seeing what you're claiming is right?

@miggles lolwut? Are you attacking the facts without actually seeing what you're claiming is right?

No, but right now I have pretty strong evidence that your IQ is lower than your eyesight.

@scrantoncity No, but right now I have pretty strong evidence that your IQ is lower than your eyesight.

what here shows that I have poor eyesight? Most of your comments throughout this post is you attacking people, provoking people and just saying what comes from your head, not research.

Yes, let's kill babies and use those babies to help ourselves. Death is part of the world; deal with it.

@You don't kill babies dipshit

That's what stem cells are... Dead babies. Do you know anything?

@scrantoncity That's what stem cells are... Dead babies. Do you know anything?

That's not the only way you get them. And you don't kill babies anyways, they aren't alive or babies....so you aren't killing anything

@That's not the only way you get them. And you don't kill babies anyways, they aren't alive or babies....so you...

That's not the only way you get them? Hmm. Strange. What is this new method you developed? The babies are alive. They move around, they use nutrients, and they can die. Since when do rocks move on impulse? Huh?

@scrantoncity That's not the only way you get them? Hmm. Strange. What is this new method you developed? The babies are alive...

Tell me something....what do you eat if you are so against killing "living things"? can't eat plants because they're living and DEFINITELY not animals. So I'd love to know!

@Tell me something....what do you eat if you are so against killing "living things"? can't eat plants because...

I'm not against killing living things. I am against killing living HUMANS. There is a difference. God put us in charge of the animals. I eat whatever I like. Do you eat dead babies?

@by your reasoning every time you get your period your murdering a baby.

Is an egg a human? No. Not until the sperm meets the egg does it even have a chance of becoming human. Good try.

@scrantoncity Yes, let's kill babies and use those babies to help ourselves. Death is part of the world; deal with it.

Life doesn't begin at conception. And you know, if I were a baby in the womb and someone killed me, I'd be cool with it. Hell, I don't remember anything from before I was four, anyway.

The_Enlighteneds avatar The_Enlightened Yeah You Are +8Reply
@The_Enlightened Life doesn't begin at conception. And you know, if I were a baby in the womb and someone killed me, I'd be cool...

That doesn't mean you aren't alive. Life begins before you can even know you are pregnant, though not at conception. The baby continually takes nutrients from the mother. That is living. Abortions are unnatural, too. How many sheep do you see running into a post to kill their young? Huh? None? Pregnancy is natural. Killing babies to extend your life is not natural.

@The_Enlightened Read the first eight words of your bio. Didn't surprise me.

So what? I have morals? I should be proud of it. At least I'm not a babykiller.

@scrantoncity So what? I have morals? I should be proud of it. At least I'm not a babykiller.

Look, I respect you for staying strong to what you believe, and I'm Christian, too. Call me a babykiller, but all I'm saying is that babies can't think at the age they're used for stem cell research. Trees are life too, and when we chop them down, no one gripes because we're killing innocent plants.

The_Enlighteneds avatar The_Enlightened Yeah You Are +4Reply
@The_Enlightened Look, I respect you for staying strong to what you believe, and I'm Christian, too. Call me a babykiller, but all...

Hmm, let's analyze the difference between trees and babies. People were made in God's image. You've claimed to be a Christian, now you're gonna get a lecture. The baby will grow up to be God's creation. We are made in his image. Sheesh, if you don't believe abortion is wrong then you really need to re-open your Bible.

@scrantoncity Hmm, let's analyze the difference between trees and babies. People were made in God's image. You've claimed to be a...

I only support stem cell research and pro-choice because this is America, this isn't a church. I'd never support an abortion for my woman, but what if someone isn't Christian and believes abortions are okay? Who am I to say "There's an invisible man in the sky who doesn't want you to get that abortion, so you can't get it"? Stem cell research would be great for humanity as a whole, and you have no idea what its potential is. And sure you're going to offend Christians by doing it, but by not doing it, you're offending people who really need it.

@The_Enlightened I only support stem cell research and pro-choice because this is America, this isn't a church. I'd never support an...

Hmm, are you really a Christian? You don't represent the core values too highly. We are called to spread the Gospel. You are supposed to tell them that, but more tactfully. Tell me what you think a Christian consists of.

@scrantoncity Hmm, are you really a Christian? You don't represent the core values too highly. We are called to spread the...

A Christian is someone who seeks justice, loves kindness, walks humbly with their God, and loves their enemies like their friends. Yes, we're supposed to spread the Gospel, but banning abortions, stem cell research, and gay marriage isn't exactly going to convert people.

@The_Enlightened A Christian is someone who seeks justice, loves kindness, walks humbly with their God, and loves their enemies like...

You sound like a 60 year old Catholic nun. You are right, partly. We are also warriors in this spiritual battle. The Devil has converted many through evolutionism, and fleshism, but we shouldn't give up. Some people still accept the truth as true, and not fallible human scientists lying bluntly. I'm not trying to spread the Gospel BY those things; I don't think those things should exist, because they are created from sin. People generally don't accept the truth if it inconveniences them. People want to have sex with no consequences. That's an urge. Some hold themselves higher than others and resist the temptations of the flesh. People need to see the truth, and it is our duty to spread it. I cannot believe someone who actually knows God would tolerate those sins.

@scrantoncity You sound like a 60 year old Catholic nun. You are right, partly. We are also warriors in this spiritual battle...

There's nothing wrong with not believing creationism. http://uk.reuters.com/article/i...49U6NB20081031 The Bible doesn't even say how long a day was for God. And according to 2James, Verse 10, "For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it." This is where the Bible says that all sins are equal. So if I'm going to hate abortionists and stem cell researchers, then aren't I supposed to hate gamblers, people with tattoos, and all other "minor" sinners just as much?

I gotta go now.

@The_Enlightened There's nothing wrong with not believing creationism. http://uk.reuters.com/article/i...49U6NB20081031 The Bible...

Real classy. So you think dusk to dawn is more than one day? Please back up your statements. In Genesis it says dusk, then dawn, day two. And continues. Also, yes, all sins are equal to God. One separates you from heaven. That doesn't mean that lying is equivalent to murdering all of humanity. You really need to learn how to interpret the Bible. Maybe you could try reading it?

@scrantoncity Real classy. So you think dusk to dawn is more than one day? Please back up your statements. In Genesis it says...

@481545 (scrantoncity): people can be Christian and have different belief's than you. we are all entitled to our own opinion, so shame on you for thinking everyone should think how you do.

0123456789 +4Reply
@@481545 (scrantoncity): people can be Christian and have different belief's than you. we are all entitled to our...

Shame on me for thinking that the Bible should be used to decipher itself. Yeah, let's just decide that some parts aren't true and say they are meant to be taken metaphorically.

@scrantoncity Shame on me for thinking that the Bible should be used to decipher itself. Yeah, let's just decide that some parts...

you should stop acting so self-rightious. seriously? i mean, if you're Christian, you say that your God gave you free will, meaning you can do, say, believe whatever the fuck you want. you can't change everyone, and you can't stop something which may stop one thing, but in turn helps someone who is alive. someone who needs help. that is what's inhumane. the "baby" is not even a baby yet. it's a fetus. people can help other people. and with more research they can find better ways to get the cells.

0123456789 +4Reply
@you should stop acting so self-rightious. seriously? i mean, if you're Christian, you say that your God gave you...

Wowie. You really need to learn how to stick with one point, and not keep changing them up just because I refuted yours. I cannot change everyone, but I AM CALLED to do so because my religion tells me to. And no, I don't mindlessly follow it. You need to learn some tiny little part before you start ranting.

@scrantoncity Wowie. You really need to learn how to stick with one point, and not keep changing them up just because I refuted...

my parents are catholic, the base of all Christianity, i know a thing or two about it.
i'm not trying to start a cyber-fight, i think those are dumb. but if you're willing to, i would like to have a conversation about religion, i really like discussing different points from different people.
if you can be mature about it, then i'd love to chat. if you're going to try to convert me, then end of our discussion. deal?

Yeah, I'll make sure to tell this to my friend's non-Christian uncle who has Parkinsons. And FYI, when stemcells are taken the "baby" isn't always even successfully planted in the uterus. At that stage a woman could miscarry without even being aware of it.

@scrantoncity That doesn't mean you aren't alive. Life begins before you can even know you are pregnant, though not at...

w@481466 (scrantoncity): what if you were raped? why would you want to keep the baby? then is the abortion imorral? what about a week after the rape happened? hmm?

SpencerNewtons avatar SpencerNewton Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SpencerNewton w@481466 (scrantoncity): what if you were raped? why would you want to keep the baby? then is the abortion imorral?...

I'm a guy. If I'm raped, I would hunt the guy down and beat him senseless. But, I understand if it's a life or death situation, or even a rape baby. Barely. I think it would be really courageous to have a rape baby. But, I understand if you want an abortion. But there is that new product that can be taken up to 5 days later to stop it.. Like ultimate plan B. There are exceptions, but the vast vast majority are irresponsible people.

@scrantoncity I'm a guy. If I'm raped, I would hunt the guy down and beat him senseless. But, I understand if it's a life or...

The bible doesn't explicitly state that life begins at conception. That's just what people have inferred, and as we , people are fallible. In fact, I highly doubt they had a complete grasp on what happens in the time between sperm entering the uterus and the birth of the child. BTW if you're against abortion cause it's murder, the situation should never matter... And adult stem cells are actually much more commonly used these days than embryonic stem cells.

haha yeah i didnt mean you specifically. my point was there are a lot of different cicumstances when it comes to these things.

SpencerNewtons avatar SpencerNewton Yeah You Are +1Reply

If I was a mother and i would have known I'd have an idiot baby like you I'd get an abortion in a second

@If I was a mother and i would have known I'd have an idiot baby like you I'd get an abortion in a second

Resorting to personal attacks. Very common when you cannot argue for yourself. Bravo.

I consider myself conservative [and atheist], too, but babies don't even think/feel until after the 1st trimester.
So if the cells are taken then, why does it matter?
I did a whole research paper on abortion.
And like others said, there are more ways to get stem cells.

You clearly do not know anything about stem cells, but I see that that didn't stop you from posting your dumbass opinion. Glad to see that you have no problems with posting your ignorance in a place where others can be influences by it.

BreakfastFans avatar BreakfastFan Yeah You Are +3Reply