+696

All this homework teachers give is unnecessary. Even though we're teens we still just wanna relax and have fun after school, not spend 6 hours doing homework, amirite?

Futiles avatar Education
9 25
The voters have decided that Futile is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

They act like we have nothing to do with our lives.
"OKAY. Major project, groups of 2, do next week. You have time over the long weekend."
-2 weeks after handing in the project-
"Sorry! I didn't have time to grade the project. I was with my husband/wife in the city to visit family."
FUUUUUU. Teachers act like our time is useless, but when they have to do something, they can forget about their duties.

Katffros avatar Katffro Yeah You Are +13Reply

"Okay we're going to have a cumulative test on thursday, study EVERYTHING that we've done all year." like five people raise their hands and ask if the test can be Monday because they already have three other tests on Friday "You already have three other tests? Well in that case...I guess you'd better make it 4!!! Muahahahahahaba!!!!!

Also teachers give homework as if their class is the only class you're taking. Teacher: "Okay class, you have a huge project due on monday, you'll have time to do it over the weekend, and complete this really difficult packet while you're at it. It's not THAT much since I'm giving you like 5 minutes to start it in class."

You have no idea. Four hours a night. Almost no room for sports. It's not even funny, and I go to one of those places with only 600 kids from kindergarten to twelfth grade in the whole school and then only 200 kids in the highschool. I could seriously name three people who got free rides to Princeton. That's right, four years for no cost. Almost everyone here speaks two languages; I'm taking college course French and we start introducing Algebra in fifth-sixth grade. Don't tell me to stop complaining because it's really hard. Alumni always talk about how academically bored they are with college because this place prepares you so well but it's difficult. And we learn latin on top of Greek, Spanish, French, Chinese, Italian, and French, and German, etc.

@mutantdustbunnies You have no idea. Four hours a night. Almost no room for sports. It's not even funny, and I go to one of those...

Your school sounds completely insane, though I'd kinda like to go there, at least to see what it was like. :P
They actually have you learning 7 languages?

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@From NJ???? Gosh i just movednfrom there, i miss the place soooo much!

They aren't from NJ, they just got free rides to Princeton. My school is in Texas.

Love you.

penguinpuffss avatar penguinpuffs Yeah You Are +3Reply

Homework should be given so students actually learn something, not to fill up student's time. Studies have shown you shouldn't give children homework until they are older because they should use that time to explore and learn independently.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are +2Reply
@JennaGee Homework should be given so students actually learn something, not to fill up student's time. Studies have shown...

Problem with this is that most kids don't anymore. While I spent a lot of time reading as a kid and playing around with my animals, my younger (5 and 7 years younger) siblings just sit around and watch TV most of the day.

My school never gave the kids more than a worksheet a month or something until 5th grade. We never got homework when we were kids.

This wasn't worded well...

I KNOWW! I hate when I have 8 hours of homework in one class, and an exam the next day in another class. By the time I'm done homework, i don't have time to study, and fucking fail the test.

@nowayitsjessi I have a hard time believing you have 8 hours of homework in ONE class.

i meant all the other classes. my bad. but shit happens, sometimes you really do get that much!

@dallas_xo23 i meant all the other classes. my bad. but shit happens, sometimes you really do get that much!

Gotcha. Yeah, I've had that much. Most of the time it's from putting off major projects until the last minute.

Get over it. It doesn't take more than an hour or two to do your homework. It's called growing up. Sure we want to have fun and relax, but so does everyone else in the world. That doesn't mean we're entitled to have a million hours of fun, just because we want it. We can't always get what we want and there's no reason we SHOULD get what we want all the time.

@fangirl12 Get over it. It doesn't take more than an hour or two to do your homework. It's called growing up. Sure we want to...

An hour or two? What kind of classes are you taking that all of your homework combined takes an hour? At my school you're usually lucky if you can get one subject done in that time.

@An hour or two? What kind of classes are you taking that all of your homework combined takes an hour? At my school...

My school gives most people at least one study hall a day (not always though) and sometimes we get class time to do homework. Actually, I should be writing a response paper right now(whatever that is) but I'm having trouble getting started.

@fangirl12 My school gives most people at least one study hall a day (not always though) and sometimes we get class time to do...

Lucky, my school doesn'tgive study halls and we rarely have time in class to do homework.

I agree with part of this, but some teachers give ridiculous amounts. Especially AP teachers. They seem to think it is their responsibility to overload you to the point that there is no way to make a high grade. Also, if you get study halls and class time to do your work then you're pretty lucky because as far as I know, most of us don't.

@nowayitsjessi I agree with part of this, but some teachers give ridiculous amounts. Especially AP teachers. They seem to think it...

My AP teacher NEVER gives us extra time and depending on the teacher we may or may not get extra time, but if we do it's usually not much, only like the last five minutes. It's actually annoying how much free time everyone has, because we aren't getting the time to actually work. The people in our school (even the dumb and lazy ones) always complain about the guy who organizes our scheduales because the way he sets them up you'd think he'd think we're mentally retarded or something because we almost never get to do something useful. The easy parts of the scheduales are too easy and the hard parts are too hard. It's annoying, but I'm still glad we actually live in a country where we can all get a good education.

@nowayitsjessi You don't get free time or you get too much? You just said both...

I know, it's confusing. For the classes we need free time in, like the really, really hard ones, we have no time at all, but for the easier classes, or for the people who take really easy classes, there's a ton of time in class to do the homework. So say I have an easy class where everyone finishes their homework in class with time to spare(okay, that's only on really, really good days), that would be too easy, but then immediately after the easy class we have an excrutiatingly difficult class with a ton of homework and two essays due soon. Now we wasted time being bored in all the easy classes, but by the end of the day we're still overworked from the freakishly hard ones.