+364

Teen girls never seem to understand that they are just in a high school relationship and that it was most likely going to end. They go on thinking that they are going to get married, have a future together, and they won't listen to a word you say. And then the break up devastates them. amirite?

LeahRopps avatar Relationships
10 27
The voters have decided that LeahRopp is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It'd be really sad if nobody in a relationship in high school thought it was going to go anywhere. Talk about a waste of time.

It's called being emotionally connected to someone. losing them hurts, even if you knew it was coming.

If you're going to think "This is not a serious relationship, I'm just a teenager and it'll probably end soon, I'll find someone else" then what's the point in a relationship?
You know you're in love with someone when you know you will never find anyone better than them. That's how it should be.

@PurpleZebra If you're going to think "This is not a serious relationship, I'm just a teenager and it'll probably end soon, I'll...

You can love someone without planning a wedding and without putting unrealistic expectations on yourself and your partner. Mature teenagers in a relationship can care deeply about the other person without making their life completely revolve around them. Unfortunately many teenage relationships I have seen start out nice, then turn into one person completely depending on the other; which in the end is usually what causes the downfall of the relationship.

You can think that, and also think, "But even though this won't last forever, I can still have fun and really like this person and enjoy being with them, I just have to realise that it won't be the end of the world if we break up after a month". :P

Rainbow35s avatar Rainbow35 Yeah You Are 0Reply

even if you know its not going to last don't tell them that. yes they may have their heart broken but it also may last, its their relationship so other people should stay out of it and mind their own business. I'm a guy in grade 12 and me and my gf have been dating almost two years and it drives me crazy when people say it won't last. you don't know us , you don't know our relationship so keep your mouth shut. i agree most won't last but whats it matter to you?

@BlackPhoenix i didn't?

You must have changed it, because it just had your username under those who voted YYA. And your bubble was green.

A_Rocks avatar A_Rock Yeah You Are 0Reply

Apparently you don't remember being a teenager.

I am a teenager.

LeahRopps avatar LeahRopp Yeah You Are +10Reply

My sister has been in the same relationship for 7 years with her boyfriend since 9th grade... and they are engaged right now, planning their wedding. I know its really odd and most teen relationships don't last, but there are some of them that do. & If you get in a relationship thinking its not going to last, whats the point?

annies avatar annie No Way +9Reply

Yeah, and an even smaller percent that don't get divorced. I wasn't saying its always true, I said that its "most likely" going to happen. And as for the emotionally connected thing, yeah, sure, but planning marriage in high school is foolish.

LeahRopps avatar LeahRopp Yeah You Are +7Reply

I've been in a relationship with my boyfriend that I met in middle school and we've been together for a little over two years. People think that we're gonna break up any day now but there is a small percentage of people who actually do marry their high school sweethearts.

Foolish to you, but not to others.

But before you started getting into more serious relationships in high school, you had nothing to compare those feelings of "love" with. You don't truly know what that feels like yet, so being a stupid teenager and thinking you're in love with someone and getting your heart broken, its just all part of the process of figuring out what its like to really care about someone.

The point of relationships in school are to learn the qualities you do and don't like in a person, so as you get older you have an idea of what you're looking for in a relationship. Most relationships at that age won't work out, that's just how things go.

I want to at least have the hope of lasting with my high school boyfriend. I've only been with him for a year but I can say I truly love him. Everyone's should stop trying to crush others' hopes. You don't see me telling a child he probably won't grow up to be the president and that he's reaching too far. I know that there's the risk of breaking up with my boyfriend but I don't think of that. I can only hope for the best.

It's not really your place to judge their relationship anyways. People have to learn their own lessons. And bugging them about their relationships is really just going to piss them off.

THANK YOU. All my friends seem to be planning their weddings with guys they've been going out with for a few months. My boyfriend's ex had their whole lives mapped out! I can't be like that. Maybe I'm a pessimist, but really it is that I'm a teenager, and what I want today might not be what I'll want tomorrow. It just irritates me because I'm usually the one dealing with my friends because they treat breakups like full-on divorces.

I'm in 11th.. i've been with my boyfriend since middle school.. 4 years.
I don't expect it to last, but it's be nice..

I'm in high school, and I don't really expect my relationships to last. But dammit, I have hormones! And if I'm in a relationship with some guy and he refuses to makeout with me anymore and leaves me, I'll be quite sad.

Way to be a pessimist! Party pooper =p

@Way to be a pessimist! Party pooper =p

Yeah, pessimists!!111!

I rode my unicorn to my rainbow in the sky so that I could use the internet to type this comment.

Eminnas avatar Eminna No Way +10Reply