+89

You would never abort your child even if you knew it would come out with a disability, amirite?

archangel101s avatar
2 24
The voters have decided that archangel101 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

It would depend on the disability. Honestly, I would rather be dead than never be able to take care of myself... so if it's that bad, yes, I would.

I'm curious to know how many people answering this judgemental question have children, or have spent a lot of time around the severly developmentally disabled. I have a son, and I used to work at a school that tries to teach those people basic life skills. The great majority of the time, they never learn enough to live on their own.

It would depend on what my situation i was in... if the father was going to stick with you, and you had a good solid job and could afford all the stuff needed then yes i would keep it. But if i was going between jobs and th father wasn't sticking round then i would have to give it up, as it would be unfair...

Mehhs avatar Mehh No Way +9Reply

I wouldn't but I understand if other women would.

annies avatar annie Yeah You Are +8Reply

I don't think you can give an honestly accurate opinion until you've really experienced this situation.
It's a toughie.

If it were bad enough that they would never be aware of themselves, or able to survive on their own for even a little while, I would abort them but really regret it. I would never want a child to live that type of life.

@If it were bad enough that they would never be aware of themselves, or able to survive on their own for even a...

But what if they were aware? They would have to live their lives knowing they're different from everyone else.

@But what if they were aware? They would have to live their lives knowing they're different from everyone else.

If they were aware of course I'd let them live. If it was just a simple disability like mild autism I'd definitely keep them.

It depends. If I didn't have a lot of money or I was working or I hadn't exactly been planning on having kids in the first place, then I might if it was a severe enough disability.

And if it was one of those disabilities where they're never able to live proper lives and they're just paralysed/suffering all the time, then I probably might, because IMO it'd be more cruel to make them live a life full of suffering, pain, unhealthiness, and never being able to live properly...

Though if it was something like, they'd be crippled or have autism or down's syndrome, I'd probably keep them.

Even if the child would live for minutes, everyone has the right to experience life, no matter how short it may be.

Yeah it definately depends how severe. I would be more inclined to have an abortion if the disability is to do with the brain, than if it was a physical hadicap. as sad as that may sound.

Morality war!

92 % of people in america whose child is diagnosed with down syndrome before birth choose to abort the child...

i'm surprised at the score on this post

@gbgkgdgfu 92 % of people in america whose child is diagnosed with down syndrome before birth choose to abort the child...

That's disgusting, most down syndrome people are completely compatible with life and just a bit dependant on others. There always the lovliest people aswell.

Pigeons avatar Pigeon Yeah You Are +4Reply
@Pigeon That's disgusting, most down syndrome people are completely compatible with life and just a bit dependant on...

You may be correct, but down syndrome children have much higher chances of countless serious medical issues and can almost never live healthy lives

@gbgkgdgfu You may be correct, but down syndrome children have much higher chances of countless serious medical issues and can...

Yes but isn't it still a life? They had no chance to either try and live, or no opinion on the matter because they were an fetous?

Pigeons avatar Pigeon Yeah You Are 0Reply

My disability and I are very happy that I was allowed to live.

FlyingGuineaPigs avatar FlyingGuineaPig Yeah You Are +1Reply

I wouldn't abort my baby if it had a disability, unless that disability would cause them a lot of pain.

@1162826

That shouldn't have been so damn funny to me...

I would definitely abort if I knew my baby would have a disability.

K4ITs avatar K4IT No Way -2Reply

Rip that fucking fetus out.