+227

There's a difference between hilarious and hysterical, hysterical is not an adjective that describes something as funny. Hysterical means crazy and delirious. Hilarious means extremely funny. People need to learn the difference. amirite?

NoSoapRadios avatar
3 21
The voters have decided that NoSoapRadio is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hysterical also means excessive or uncontrollable emotion.

Something can be hysterically funny though.

i dont care. you understood what they were saying, so lets not be nit picky to show how educated we are. BTW: see number 6 http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/hysterical

dickys avatar dicky No Way +7Reply

Well, it's true it means crazy and delirious, but as others pointed out, it also can mean funny.
Many words have more than one meaning, you know... :B

hahah!!! thats hilarious!!!

@hahah!!! thats hilarious!!!

You mean hysterical.

@You mean hysterical.

actually i did mean hysterical ... that was a complete sarcasm fail on my part...

Language evolves. Deal with it.

If hysterical means crazy, crazy is an adjective.

e.i. That's is a crazy cat.
Your crazy.

@NoSoapRadio your point?

OP said hysterical wasn't an adjective. Just pointing out a grammatical error.

@SmartSpoon OP said hysterical wasn't an adjective. Just pointing out a grammatical error.

Ohhhh... I see what you're saying now. However, you lack basic reading skills. Try rereading the post. I in no way claim that "hysterical" is not an adjective. I said it's not an adjective that describes something as funny.

1. It's very rare, many people, like you, don't have it. 2. Nothing, you just can't make a valid point so you need to make fun of someone who is questioning you.

Most people can't even understand how to write in proper English. I blaim texting and cell phones for most of the problems this decade.