+100

You shouldn't give overweight people a tv show. That's just encouraging everyone that being fat gets you on tv, amirite?

HelloToYous avatar
0 15
The voters have decided that HelloToYou is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I would rather see fat people on tv than shit like "16 And Pregnant".

You shouldn't give underweight people a show either. It can go both ways.

@You shouldn't give underweight people a show either. It can go both ways.

(>.>): I agree with that too. There's just a lot of weight loss shows out there.

@HelloToYou (>.>): I agree with that too. There's just a lot of weight loss shows out there.

Yeah, but many shows have people that are way too skinny for them to be healthy and it is not even centered around that.

@Yeah, but many shows have people that are way too skinny for them to be healthy and it is not even centered around that.

(>.>): Yeah I guess you're right. Then everyone feels like they have to be a certain way.. and yeah.. haha

@HelloToYou (>.>): Yeah I guess you're right. Then everyone feels like they have to be a certain way.. and yeah.. haha

I don't like how some shows have almost unrealistically skinny people in them, they may not realize it but they are affecting people younger than them to try to be that way.
But I agree with you. I was just pointing that out.

Sometimes weight loss shows are a good thing. They can help obese people feel like they're not alone I'm their struggles and help them to start making a change.
Some people don't have a network of support at home so a show like the biggest loser helps them feel connected and motivated. Yes, it might suggest to some that as long as you're lazy, TV will step in and help you.. BUT, they help out in a way that promotes a healthy lifestyle and food choices. Whereas with certain other shows, they glamorize and play up the surgical side of things. Which teaches people that they can be lazy and TV will just step in and save them and they'll still get to be lazy.

So the argument could go either way, depending on which sure you're referring to in the post.

If people are dumb enough to believe that, they deserve to get fat and die.

YES!! I'm going to go get fat so I can be ridiculed and mocked, made fun of, laughed at, talked about, and shuned. And alll so I can be on tv. Fucking great idea!!!

That's what they said about "16 and pregnant," but ashl that's done is scare kid's into not getting pregnant.

Or movies, people like nikki blonsky and that fat chick from precious should know that they are disgusting, not awesome because they have movies.