-91

“He died, he came back, and now has legions of followers that worship him for almost no reason whatsoever.” - Edward Cullen's similarity to Jesus Christ, amirite?

thecatcherintheryes avatar
6 70
The voters have decided that thecatcherintherye is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@490806

You are my hero.

Buttss avatar Butts Yeah You Are +6Reply
@490806

BAHAHAHAHAHAHA this made my day :)

@490806

i just laughed for about 10 minutes! high five.

@490806

HAHAHHAHHAHAHHHAHAHHAHA Awesome. I thought you were going to say Jesus! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAhAh

Twilight sucks. End of story.

What?!? One is a self-righteous weirdo depicted and romanticized in an overabundance of art and literature and has extremist followers who are willing to commit violence for him.

The other is Jesus Christ.

Y'know, I don't believe in Jesus, but you shouldn't compare it to something as awful as Twilight.

Actually there is proof of Jesus' existance aside from the bible, no proof of his assorted miracles or that he was the son of god, but he was a real man, and this is coming from an atheist
To the op, it's fair that you don't believe in Jesus, but there's no point to disrespect the beliefs of others, live and let live as you please respectively

No. Just no. There are reasons why people follow Jesus. It's not like everyone just started believing in him for no apparent reason.

If you don't believe in Christ then at least be mature enough to respect someone else's opinion.

twilight is fake, jesus is not.

@Pug twilight is fake, jesus is not.

How can you be so sure that Jesus was real? Because some book titled "Bible" says so? I could write my own book and start a religion tomorrow and have followers. Religion is someone taking advantage of others hopes and manipulating them in to living a certain way.

@ricer4 How can you be so sure that Jesus was real? Because some book titled "Bible" says so? I could write my own book and...

oh yeah? did you die for those people? did you preform miracles and save lives? ha, if the only proof i had was the bible, i wouldn't believe in Jesus. Jesus is in your heart, soul, and mind. it's called the holy spirit. he walks and helps me every day of my life, i wouldn't be alive if it wasin't for it.
stop running you loud ass mouth before you realize what you say.

@Pug oh yeah? did you die for those people? did you preform miracles and save lives? ha, if the only proof i had was the...

uhhh, you've seen this guy?...you witnessed this guy saying that he is dying for eveyone else?...or are you taking the word from the book?...Religion works the same as a placebo...give someone a sugar pill and tell them it is a pain reliever, and it still relieves the pain...Tell someone that Jesus is with them and things that don't usually happen actually happen, Jesus did it.

@ricer4 uhhh, you've seen this guy?...you witnessed this guy saying that he is dying for eveyone else?...or are you taking...

oh yeah, it's a coincidence that he healed my back in a second flat when i was praying. that he saved me from car crashes and accidents uncountable? you don't know what i'm talking about because you don't feel his spirit from day to day, and speaking in tongues. i'm not here to argue. but don't talk about my religion when you have never experienced none of it.

@1709414

faith can work wonders. but God has a reason for everything.

@1709656

Thanks! You too

it is a fact (matter of roman historical record) that Jesus did in fact exist. It is debatable as to whether or not he was also God.

@Pug twilight is fake, jesus is not.

I don't believe in Jesus or any god of any kind, but Jesus was a real person. Honestly, Mary was probably knocked up by some guy and to keep her dad and Joseph from killing her, she just told them it was God's baby. And then Jesus was just a really smart guy who was aware that the world was in a tough time. Everyone was pretending to be the messiah back then.

@491246

...You're gullible enough to believe in a God that doesn't present himself to you in any physical way. And they were in VERY harsh times, any father back then would have been willing to believe their daughter was having God's baby. There religion was everything to them.

@You're gullible enough to believe in a God that doesn't present himself to you in any physical way. And they...

God actually does present Himself in a number of physical ways. However, you believe in Him through faith. Believing before you see. At times you can feel Him with you. Miracles are still being done today. I've seen ppl healed by God of cancer, asthma, back problems. I've seen ppl that have metal in them for broken bones or whatev, prayed for, and when they return to the dr, the metal is gone and their bones r there again. Things that doctors have been in shock over, that they couldn't understand. Explain that. GOD. He still cares and he still shows it

@God actually does present Himself in a number of physical ways. However, you believe in Him through faith...

While I am perfectly willing to admit that there are many things that we don't understand about the world, and the body in particular, I think it is deplorable that instead of trying to understand them, people just take the easy was out and say "God did it," and God becomes the defacto answer to everything we can't understand.

@491222

and it's not anymore stupid than saying a virgin got pregnant....

@491222

...You're an idiot. Those were MUCH different times. Mary's dad probably would have beat her or stoned her to death or killed her in some other way for getting pregnant.

@491222

there was actually an episode of House with basically this exact premise. just thought everyone should know.

@491222

Lots of people make that shit up. It's just DNA wasn't around back then to tell if they were lying or not.

Not that I necessarily believe that is what happened. Just sayin' if that IS what happened, no one would ever know, lol.

Two things. One: We have a reason to follow Jesus. Two: vampires don't die, they just transform. You can't make a dead person a vampire. Is this the case with sparkly boy?

@scrantoncity Two things. One: We have a reason to follow Jesus. Two: vampires don't die, they just transform. You can't make a...

i hope you know that twilight isnt really standard vampire material right? although i love the series, stephenie meyer pretty much changed everything about vampires to fit her edward.

so what im saying is, yes, vampires are dead. more accurately, they are undead but not alive

people need to just calm down and accept a funny parallel for what it is. pedantry not needed.

yddraigarians avatar yddraigarian Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's okay that you're atheist, but don't bash other people's beliefs. At least show some respect.

@It's okay that you're atheist, but don't bash other people's beliefs. At least show some respect.

(a believer): THIS THIS THIS. I'm SICK of people thinking it's okay to bash other people's beliefs. It's rude, and frankly, it's hypocritical.

Edward Cullen is actually Joseph Smith ahahah

why are all the people on this site so rude to other people about their religions?

Edward? Pshh I think you mean voldemort

Jeez.. I love how a simple joke (& a funny one, too) automatically turns into a huge religion debate. Everyone take a chill pill, it's gonna be alright.

Edward Cullen is NOTHING like Jesus. End of story
(Edward Cullen is a f***ing sparkly undead but dead thing)

People, come on. Without even getting into the arguements about religion (I do believe in Jesus if you're wondering) Edward Cullen (the sparkly prick) never died. So no your wrong. Also, he doesn't have followers. He has stalkers. Just like how he stalks others. Get it?

Lol. A bunch of people here have no sense of humor

Fattys avatar Fatty Yeah You Are +1Reply

Why believe in a random book anyways?
It's not like anyone can PROVE that any of that happened.
The bible contradicts itself so many times, it's so unreal.
For one, it says to "love thy neighbor," but to hate gay people.
Then, in one passage: "God is seen and heard", and in another: "God is invisible and cannot be heard."
It's one huge contradiction, and I refuse to believe it.

@490907

It WAS funny, but then you came and ruined it. Bravo.

Wow. That's not even funny. Read the Bible before attempting to make jokes abt it. U should probly kno what it is. I understand this is a joke, but its not funny, its offensive. Idc that u don't believe in Jesus, who gave his life for u btw, crap like this is not necessary. Hopefully someday before you die ull c how messed up this is and will accept Gods forgiveness before you end up in Hell for not accepting Jesus

I like this post a lot. :)

Annabels avatar Annabel Yeah You Are -1Reply

Well I am pretty much god....

and they're both fake. hahaha

@and they're both fake. hahaha

Jesus was a real person. No one disputes that. Ahem I mean no one whose IQ exceeds one hundred.

@and they're both fake. hahaha

There WAS a Jesus. There is evidence from non-religious and religious people. Whether or not he had powers has yet to be proven, but there was still a man named Jesus.