+119

My parents shouldn't have treated my brother who has mental issues as a normal person because now he has no direction in life, amirite?

1 12

You really haven't told us the degree of his condition, or even what condition he has, so it's really hard for us to judge based on just knowing he has "mental issues."

Okay this is AMIRITE, not a place for you to talk to us about your brother's mental issues and for us to know what to do or much less care. And it's up to your parents on how to raise him, just because you're his sibling doesn't mean you know what it's like for your parents to raise him.

@soberlikekesha Okay this is AMIRITE, not a place for you to talk to us about your brother's mental issues and for us to know what...

He's asking for people's opinions, which is the whole point of this site. I think this is a better amirite type post than most.

@rilara Yeah, but this website is specifically /not/ about your specific problems.

It can be whatever the poster wants it to be for. It got through the mods, so obviously they think it's ok.

And I'm voting no, because if your brother can get a girlfriend he doesn't have too much of a problem with his mental issue overwhelming his ability to have a normal social life. And if he doesn't have a job, maybe its because it's hard to get a job even for someone with NO mental issues. And a lot of people don't go to college and the majority end up doing quite well for themselves. I think you should stop trying to control what your brother does and live your own damn life. What are you doing that makes you think you're so much better than your brother?

Define "mental issues", because in some cases people like that need to be treated normally.

So anyone that disagrees with this post would like my brother dating a girl that my parents don't even know about, who is unemployed, never went to college acts like a 7 year old and is 22.

51737Snug 0Reply
@So anyone that disagrees with this post would like my brother dating a girl that my parents don't even know about...

Im not seeing the problem... Are you saying he shouldn't be in a relationship because he has "mental issues"? What exactly is wrong with him, anyway?

Juless avatar Jules No Way +3Reply

How were they supposed to treat him?