-494

If people weren't meant to be raped, why would God let it happen? Quit complaining. amirite?

KidHipsters avatar
4 50
The voters have decided that KidHipster is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

TROOOOOOLLLL IN THE DUNGEON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY, Let's fight on the internet!!

PoohBear0011s avatar PoohBear0011 Yeah You Are +31Reply

This is the worst reasoning ever.

Normas avatar Norma No Way +21Reply

I agree.
I mean, if this post was wrong, God wouldn't let it exist.
God is so fucking nice l smilie

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +21Reply

LOL YEAH UR TOTES RIGHT, AND MURDERING IS RIGHT TOO, LYK THATS WHY GOD CREATED DEATH NYWAYS!!!!!!!11!ONE

So you're saying if your mother got raped, you wouldn't give a shit?

Why are you changing the subject? Would you, or wouldn't you, get mad if your mother got raped?

OMG WTF? Were you high when you wrote this post? What does that have to do with rape? Stop bringing God into everything, but since you already brought him in, well then do you know that it's a sin? Would you say that if youre the one who got raped?

What an idiot.

annies avatar annie No Way +5Reply
@annie What an idiot.

I read that in the voice of Hermione.

Go tell that to all the rape victims, I'm sure they'll feel better

You're a fucking moron.

Stuffs avatar Stuff No Way +4Reply

God's too busy killing millions of children with AIDS to worry about a few silly cases of rape

@God's too busy killing millions of children with AIDS to worry about a few silly cases of rape

That is, when he's not mutating viruses and bacteria to resist our antibiotics, or causing natural disasters. He's a pretty busy guy.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +4Reply

Hey, get your ass back to the dungeon!

This guy ain't a hipster, he's a fag

TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

I honestly can't believe people care this much about something this stupid.

omg u poop

In the eye's of god, getting raped is a sin. Jussayin'.

@Handsy Go away Carter. :(

You're right, if people weren't meant to typo, why would God let it happen?

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +17Reply
@Courage_Wolf You're right, if people weren't meant to typo, why would God let it happen?

And if your weren't meant to be a douchbag, why would god let it happen?

@Handsy And if your weren't meant to be a douchbag, why would god let it happen?

And if God had meant for your reply to be funny, it would have been.

Courage_Wolfs avatar Courage_Wolf Yeah You Are +3Reply

And if this logic is annoying and doesn't work, why would God let it happen?

Would I be mad if you got raped? No, I'd leave you unsatisfied but at least I'd get my nut.

thats a bad example, god doesn't exist.

Where did my mother come from? Are you retarded?

@1428716

Heehee. Ninnymuggins.

I can't really comprehend being raped. If someone were to start raping me, I'd just give in and enjoy it.
Giving in eliminates the physical and mental scarring.

@I can't really comprehend being raped. If someone were to start raping me, I'd just give in and enjoy it. Giving...

Except if you didn't want it to happen, they you wouldn't enjoy it, and you'd still have scarring.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +9Reply
@Truuninja Except if you didn't want it to happen, they you wouldn't enjoy it, and you'd still have scarring.

Okay, let me explain better.

Say a stranger begins to disrobe and probe you. Fighting it leads to violence. Giving in does not. You may even enjoy it, seeing as it's SEX.

It's similar to having sex with your partner when you're not really in the mood. You don't exactly want it right then, but if you just give in, you may just enjoy it.

@Okay, let me explain better. Say a stranger begins to disrobe and probe you. Fighting it leads to violence. Giving...

Did you really just compare rape with having sex with your partner when you're not in the mood?

What.

@ashbashcrashed Did you really just compare rape with having sex with your partner when you're not in the mood? What.

No, not the traditional violent, damaging rape you're thinking of. I compared giving into a stranger and making the best of it to giving in to your partner and making the best of it.

@No, not the traditional violent, damaging rape you're thinking of. I compared giving into a stranger and making the...

But you can say to your partner "No, I'm not in the mood, let me sleep." and if they don't leave you alone after that you should realise they don't respect you.
As for the stranger on the street, why don't you kick them? Yell for help? Go down fighting, otherwise people will just walk all over you all your life.

@ashbashcrashed But you can say to your partner "No, I'm not in the mood, let me sleep." and if they don't leave you alone after...

I would obviously put up a fight, but once I came to the realization that I couldn't ward them off, I'd give in and make the best of it.

As I said above, I would rather choose non-violent, non-damaging sex with a stranger than choose violent, life-scarring rape.

@I would obviously put up a fight, but once I came to the realization that I couldn't ward them off, I'd give in and...

Good to know you'd try to fight, I was getting the impression you'd just lay down, maybe help them take your clothes off :P
Well yeah, if you're certain there's nothing else you can do to prevent it, staying as still as possible and waiting for it to be over with is probably the best action to take.
But when it comes to rape, I don't think there is a choice in how they do it--they'll do it however they want. And then, statistically, most rapists know their victim; it's not just about sex it can be about power or revenge.

So you'd put up absolutely no resistance to anyone who wanted to have sex with you, no matter what, because that would save you the emotional anguish of getting raped?
You wouldn't even try and stop them, just incase you failed and that would make you sad?
You'd risk an STI, pregnancy (sorry, I'm assuming you're female, and I apologise if I am mistaken), and possibly willingly cheat on your partner just so you could enjoy the sex that this person wanted to have?

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +20Reply
@Truuninja So you'd put up absolutely no resistance to anyone who wanted to have sex with you, no matter what, because that...

I'd put up a fight but if I felt like I couldn't hold the person off, I'd just give in and make the best of the horrible situation.

And yes, I'd rather contract an STD/STI than deal with the trauma of full-on rape. If I got pregnant, I'd have an abortion. And I would not consider that cheating.

@I'd put up a fight but if I felt like I couldn't hold the person off, I'd just give in and make the best of the...

So if the person was stronger than you you'd just let them do it? You wouldn't even try, you'd just have sex with them? And not consider it cheating?
Would you report it as a crime?
"Well yeah, I let him, and I enjoyed it, and I didn't ask him not to because he was bigger than me, but it was completely not consensual."

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Truuninja So if the person was stronger than you you'd just let them do it? You wouldn't even try, you'd just have sex with...

If I'm incapable of escaping the situation, yes, I would rather choose non-violent, non-damaging sex with a stranger and risk having my partner consider it cheating than choose violent, life-scarring rape.

@If I'm incapable of escaping the situation, yes, I would rather choose non-violent, non-damaging sex with a...

and at what point would you declare yourself incapable of escaping?
Surely there would be no point during the rape (or in your case completely consensual sex with just about anyone) at which you would think "Oh, there is no way I will ever get out of this before they're done."
What if it did hurt you? Would that still be AOK and you'd just sit back and enjoy it?

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Truuninja and at what point would you declare yourself incapable of escaping? Surely there would be no point during the rape...

I can't define an exact point in a hypothetical situation.

If someone had the presence of mind to rationalize in this traumatic situation, then surely there would be a point during the situation at which you think "Oh, maybe it'd be better just to give in and avoid a life-scarring event."

@I can't define an exact point in a hypothetical situation. If someone had the presence of mind to rationalize in...

Yeah, that's why so many people do it, because y'know, once you get into it it's kinda fun.
Tell your theory to a rape victim, see what they say.

Truuninjas avatar Truuninja Yeah You Are +3Reply