-78

Abortion is ok if the doctors tell you the baby is going to be disfigured or mentally ill. Even possibly dead within a few days, amirite?

2 53
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

ive known a couple different people that have been told all of this by their doctors as in having down syndrome etc. and guess what ? the babies have turned out completely normal

@ive known a couple different people that have been told all of this by their doctors as in having down syndrome...

Apparently I'm supposed to have mental problems, progeria, heart disease, brain dysfunctions, etcetera. I'm fine. The only reason I'm alive is because abortion was illegal in the area my mom was in. Happy thoughts.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +4Reply
@mchalla3 Apparently I'm supposed to have mental problems, progeria, heart disease, brain dysfunctions, etcetera. I'm fine...

Apparently, I'm supposed to be a boy. Still can't find my penis... Doctors aren't always right.

@Tweetbaby14 Apparently, I'm supposed to be a boy. Still can't find my penis... Doctors aren't always right.

Obviously. I don't really believe in God as much as my mom does, because she said my gramma prayed a lot when they found about me. Then she gave me BS about how God helped. It ain't true.
Shoot me.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +3Reply
@mchalla3 Obviously. I don't really believe in God as much as my mom does, because she said my gramma prayed a lot when they...

I don't believe in god as much as most of my family. I can't shoot you, it seems like we might have stuff in common.

@Tweetbaby14 I don't believe in god as much as most of my family. I can't shoot you, it seems like we might have stuff in common.

Awesomesayce to you, because I hate when I get in a big fight with people over something as silly as God.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@mchalla3 Awesomesayce to you, because I hate when I get in a big fight with people over something as silly as God.

Same here. It's like "If you're allowed to have your own beliefs why can't other people have theirs?"

I think that if the baby has something like Down Syndrome, where they can still lead a happy life, then that really shouldn't make a difference. But if the baby's gonna have something that makes them suffer terrible pain and die really early, then I think it's okay.

sansas avatar sansa No Way +17Reply
@sansa I think that if the baby has something like Down Syndrome, where they can still lead a happy life, then that really...

I know someone with down syndrome, bless her little heart. But their disease is worse than you think. He has a shortened life, a mental state of 15 (most are 3-9 :(), and heart dysfunctions.

Alecsls avatar Alecsl No Way +1Reply

if it will die then maybe.

I am also 100% pro-abortion. I can see how you would strongly disagree, but hell, that's my view on the matter. I see no reason why it shouldn't be legal. BRING ON THE MOTHERFLIPPIN' DOWNVOTES!

colettes avatar colette Yeah You Are +10Reply

Are you trying to tell me that just because someone isn't "normal" that they don't deserve a chance at life? You disgust me.

@Are you trying to tell me that just because someone isn't "normal" that they don't deserve a chance at life? You...

Tell me, have you ever experienced excruciating pain, constant, unbearable pain. Oh and you don't have the ability to express pain, you sit there, confused and terrified, watching as your parents suffer financial and emotional ruin trying to make you as comfortable as possible for the 10 maybe 20 years your going to live. no, people like that don't deserve to live because no one deserves to be put through that incredible agony. Sometimes, death is mercy.

I'm going to get voted down for this but whatever, i hate people who say they are 'disgusted'. We all have our views and we all do what we think is right.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +52Reply
@duckshirt clearly you've never actually met / talked to any mentally disabled / deformed people.

well, i personally get very regular pain attacks, during those periods my family has to restrain me otherwise i try to injure myself. If that was a constant pain then my life wouldn't be worth it, it would be living hell, i couldn't do anything that would be close to a normal life and i would just be in misery.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Saigot well, i personally get very regular pain attacks, during those periods my family has to restrain me otherwise i try...

so this post doesn't apply to you then. I am aware that some people's pain drives them all the way to suicide, sadly, but it's still THEIR choice, not their parents'.

@Saigot Tell me, have you ever experienced excruciating pain, constant, unbearable pain. Oh and you don't have the ability...

Notice how in your situation the parents still chose life over financial ruin? You're a selfish bastard

Frozens avatar Frozen No Way -12Reply

I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those pro-abortion anti- death penalty people.

@I wouldn't be surprised if you were one of those pro-abortion anti- death penalty people.

your opinion on abortion comes ultimately come whether you believe that the fetus is human. I am against the death penalty, but not because i think its truly wrong but because it is a) not financially viable and b) because you can never be absolutely sure of someones guilt. If there was some way of counteracting both then sure, i'd go for the death penalty.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are +6Reply
@Saigot your opinion on abortion comes ultimately come whether you believe that the fetus is human. I am against the death...

Tell me, how is a fetus not human? It's a stage in human development, just like an infant, a child, a teenager, and an adult. I'd be absolutely fascinated if it was, indeed, a whole new creature that formed in the wombs of women, but was human every time it came out without fail. Talk about a mindfuck. Unless she gets pregnant from beastiality, which I'm pretty sure isn't possible, I'm just saying, it's PROBABLY going to be a human baby in there.

Frozens avatar Frozen No Way +1Reply

The death penalty is not financialy viable? So you think it's cheaper to clothe, feed, and sustain than it is to just get rid of them?

@The_Chosen_One The death penalty is not financialy viable? So you think it's cheaper to clothe, feed, and sustain than it is to...

death penalty: http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-w...h-penalty-cost

and i mean whether you think a living fetus is capable of human thought and contains a soul, and therefore deserving of full human rights. This point is impossible to argue for or against, so it's pointless to continue the abortion argument.

Saigots avatar Saigot Yeah You Are 0Reply

Oy vey. Does Amirite really need another Abortion post to bring together a truckload of people who have opposing opinions? Just agree to disagree and move on!

J_ZASs avatar J_ZAS Yeah You Are +5Reply

I'm anti-abortion and anti-death penalty. But the only time I think abortion is acceptable is when a) the mother is raped, b) the mother is not financially stable to take care of it or c) the mother is at risk of dying. Any other time, no. Even though I am pro-life, I wouldn't be one of those people who give others hell for their decision. At the end of the day, it isn't my fetus.

It's the mother's decision. Since a fetus isn't a human yet.

Shortstopmwds avatar Shortstopmwd Yeah You Are +3Reply

It's okay as long as you're not in the third trimester.

soberlikekeshas avatar soberlikekesha Yeah You Are +3Reply

Eh... Nah. I agree with heartwizardrock.

Abortion is ok no matter what. So you are indeed right, sir.

Emperorerrors avatar Emperorerror Yeah You Are +1Reply

Really, I only think abortion is OK is if forcible rape is involved, the baby will not survive long enough, (any time less then a year), or the mother is at risk of death.

"possibly dead" doesn't mean "definitely dead". There's no way of knowing for sure until the baby is born. There are tons of stories where people are told they've only got x amount of months to live, and yet they wind up living for years after that.
So be perfectly honest, if I was pregnant and told my baby might die soon after birth, I'd still go through with it. I'd rather see my baby for a few minutes or hours or days and have something to remember him/her by than kill them and spend the rest of my life wondering what he/she would've looked like.

Under no circumstances is it okay, unless the birth puts the mothers life in danger

gameboy5s avatar gameboy5 No Way -15Reply
@1380782

He's saying that it is never ok, unless someone will die either way - either the baby dies and mother lives, or mother lives and baby dies. In this case, it would probably be best that the baby is aborted (it's a sad situation either way) if the mother has other children to care for, or if she knows that no one will be around to care for the baby when she is gone. I'd say that only under this circumstance would it be okay. Otherwise, it's always wrong and for selfish reasons.

Frozens avatar Frozen No Way +4Reply
@1380903

It isn't - one life is equal to another. But at the same time, if she isn't around to care for the child, who will? And if she has a husband, would he rather have the child? Or would he perhaps rather abort this child, save his wife, and try again at some other time, hopefully with a more successful pregnancy? This is the only situation where I would say abortion is an option, if either the mother or the baby must die.

Frozens avatar Frozen No Way +2Reply

Personally, I think abortion is alright and should be encouraged 100% of the time. :3

Aimzs avatar Aimz Yeah You Are -15Reply
@1381049

Stop feeding the troll, she wrote this :3 face so its a troll.

mchalla3s avatar mchalla3 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1381049

Did I say encouraged? I meant forced.

Aimzs avatar Aimz Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1382242

Why does everyone assume I'm trolling when I post my anti-human opinion? I just don't like people o-o

Aimzs avatar Aimz Yeah You Are 0Reply
@1382242

Well, I'll admit the "forced" comment was kind of a joke but everything else was honest.

Aimzs avatar Aimz Yeah You Are 0Reply

Everyone should have a chance to live. Even if its for a few hours. Every child is precious to God. And everything that goes on on earth may not be his will, nothing on earth happens without his knowledge.

@Why must you bring religion of all things into this?

This isn't about religion, its about radical compassion. Its about serious love and conncern about every life. From the CREATOR of life.

@danieljc2008 This isn't about religion, its about radical compassion. Its about serious love and conncern about every life. From...

......Which is basically you speaking about R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N. Not everyone believes that there is a "creator" of life and you shouldn't try to push that into a subject that quite frankly has nothing to do with what you're talking about.

@thatsvintage Which is basically you speaking about R-E-L-I-G-I-O-N. Not everyone believes that there is a "creator" of...

The amount of people believing in God does not affect his existence. The whole world could be sitting there, not believing in God, and he would still be exactly the same loving creator of those same people, the same loving God who gave his Son so that we selfish, inconsiderate humans could be in his presence. And that is the truth.