+1,923

You say tomato, I say tomahto, Helen Keller says "aughnuhblugh', amirite?

Roarsnacks avatar
203 113
The voters have decided that Roarsnack is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

....I'm going to hell.

Previously_Sanes avatar Previously_Sane Yeah You Are +80Reply
Cats avatar Cat Yeah You Are +26Reply
@twisted_memories 1453 of us now!

@512029 (OneUglyTakko): @512032 (cat): @512039 (OneUglyTakko): @512038 (Truuninja): @512284 (jordanhefner): @513520 (BumbleBreee): @512066 (Vals): @512093 (afternooner): @512171 (umamaniqua): @512224 (Anonymous): @512272 (Anonymous): @512530 (cat): @513132 (bigmac14): @636408 (Mike): @512507 (kMxx244944): @512681 (emilysoccer2): @513168 (Kressie): @513271 (jaaakeeeee): @513582 (IAMSTORM): @514325 (AmIRite?): @514913 (conner3326): @531387 (Anonymous): @637590 (twisted_memories): lolz

@Previously_Sane ....I'm going to hell.

Same here. I laughed too. Audibly.

jordanhefners avatar jordanhefner Yeah You Are +12Reply
@jordanhefner Same here. I laughed too. Audibly.

Lol! My jaw dropped and then I laughed out loud. Literally.

finch334s avatar finch334 Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Previously_Sane ....I'm going to hell.

My thoughts exactly. See you guys there...

Briannes avatar Brianne Yeah You Are +2Reply

I feel horrible for laughing...

Hellen Keller was blind and deaf, she communicated using sign language (by holding someone's hand which they were signing with to tell what they are doing with their hand), read Braille, could understand what people were saying simply by putting her hand over their lips to tell how their mouth moved, and learned to speak. Maybe she didn't have the clearest voice the world's ever hears, but she could not hear her own voice, and I think she was pretty brave for making public speeches (with a translator). Now don't get all mad at me I DO REALIZE that this is a JOKE, I do not find it funny and hope you knew these facts before you made that ridiculous statement. (Which by the way, in a twisted sort of way was kinda funny....)

This is the funniest thing I've read all week.

afternooners avatar afternooner Yeah You Are +14Reply

Wow, did somebody hit up their senile old grandma for posts today or what? I have a book of jokes from the 60's with that in it...

420Grrl +14Reply

I definetly laughed out loud, come on people. Have a sense of humor, life's too short to not laugh at Helen Keller jokes.

Kressies avatar Kressie Yeah You Are +14Reply

ok that is so not funny. hellen kelller was a great woman, she learned to comminunicate although she could't speak see or hear. It's not cool or funny to male fun of her.

Cats avatar Cat Yeah You Are +32Reply
@ok that is so not funny. hellen kelller was a great woman, she learned to comminunicate although she could't speak...

(Daulton or joe?): You had many spelling mistakes. Stop trying to be a good boy and go learn how to type.

Mikes avatar Mike Yeah You Are -3Reply
@512507

Loool I laughed. "It's not like she's even alive."

Ha.

Happy?

If you're going to post your opinion, let others post theirs without you overreacting. This goes to both sides. So let people have a 30 foot long stick up their ass, and let people laugh at a joke.

Best POTD in a few weeks. I laughed so hard that my mom came to see what was so funny. She laughed too.

How dare you snickers make fun of trying to keep smile off face such A brave woman and... Oh to hell with it HAHAHA!!

@Roarsnack You're my hero.

I'm flattered. Thank you; I aim to please (unless you are an idiot then I aim to make fun/insult you)

Montezuma says tomatl

i like Helen Keller. this is not funny, to me.

@636817

im allowed to have an opinion. besides, it feels good up there.

@636983

is there something wrong with me having an opinion?

@rosinbackrider is there something wrong with me having an opinion?

@637667 (rosinbackrider): Rosinbackrider wasn't getting mad...

@o__________o @637667 (rosinbackrider): Rosinbackrider wasn't getting mad...

@637882 (o__o): ya lol just because my comment is coloured red, doesn't mean my face is coloured red with anger too. you are the one verbally assaulting me just for having an opinion. i dont want any trouble, but that doesnt mean i have to keep all of my opinions to myself.

It's funny. I giggled in my head. Now I'm over it.

People shouldn't be so sensitive and rageface at it, but it does irritate me when they simply post an "eh wasn't funny imo" and people are like "WTF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH ME THAT'S IT'S HILARIOUS GODDAMN I'M GONNA CALL YOU NAMES AND INSULT YOUR LACK-OF-A-LIFE."

luffs <3

SillyBananas avatar SillyBanana Yeah You Are +4Reply

Wow, how do you think she would feel if she read this? Wait. . .

@Mike_Hawk Wow, how do you think she would feel if she read this? Wait. . .

Thats almsot as good as the OP!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahah... that was to many HAs, right... I'll go stand in the corner now.

SHIMAMA :D

conner3326s avatar conner3326 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I don't think this is offensive, but strictly speaking (no pun intended), Helen Keller actually learned to speak. Her voice was emotionless, since she never heard emotion, but she was able to put together sounds based on the shape of the mouth. Good joke, though.

That's really offensive.

Good job.

FUNNY!!

KoollooK9999s avatar KoollooK9999 Yeah You Are +2Reply

Dood I swear to god this is from something... I totally remember someone telling me this or something

Operator_Xs avatar Operator_X Yeah You Are +2Reply

I know this is just a joke, which I don't think is a funny one, but Helen Keller actually learned to fluently speak, read, and write in 4 languages..

WTF again?

umamaniquas avatar umamaniqua Yeah You Are +1Reply

Look at my About Me page. It will explain why I hate this post. It does not deserve POTD, at all.

@TKD_4_life Look at my About Me page. It will explain why I hate this post. It does not deserve POTD, at all.

Why didn't you just say you thought she was great, instead of hiding it in that whole long "about me" crap? Just post it here in the comments. I was expecting some deep stuff like, "my mum is blind and deaf and kids at my school made fun of her and I can't take that shit anymore." But no.

@TKD_4_life I'm sorry. You have high expectations. But no, I was just advertising myself.

Correction: advertising my amirite? account. I kinda realized how that sounded after I clicked Add Comment....

POTD isn't about having a post that everyone agrees with. It's about having a post that sparks a lively discussion and a lot of votes. This post did that; I think it's POTD worthy.

@Roarsnack You shouldn't take everything so seriously. It kinda ruins life.

I'm sorry. Now everyone, quick vote: are you still alive?

Yeah, ok, sarcastic, I know, but if you look at my About Me page you will know that there really are only 2 types of posts that really piss me off. (this being one of them.) Anything else, I'm pretty alright with.

@TKD_4_life I'm sorry. Now everyone, quick vote: are you still alive? Yeah, ok, sarcastic, I know, but if you look at my...

Maybe saying it doesn't deserve POTD was a little harsh. Roarsnack, congrats on POTD. I just honestly get pissed off at this type of thing, as said on my About Me page (I repeat)

status update

sestrada16s avatar sestrada16 Yeah You Are +1Reply

I was the second commenter on this and I favorited it. NOW ITS THE POST OF THE DAY?!?! Too many fucking noticfications...

Takkos avatar Takko Yeah You Are +1Reply
@512190

Jerk.

umamaniquas avatar umamaniqua Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's a joke. Don't take it so seriously.

i made this my status LOL

That's a knee-slapper.

I am pretty sure that this is because someone made a twitter for Helen Keller and all the posts consisted of stuff like that.

iSwingBothWayss avatar iSwingBothWays Yeah You Are 0Reply

lolololol! :'D

Danahs avatar Danah Yeah You Are 0Reply

gotta love helen Keller jokes...

Why cant helen keller read???
because she's dead!!

That's horrible!
but unfortunately a funny joke XD

i dont get it

@i dont get it

Then go learn about Helen Keller and try not to be so obtuse.

@strawberrybanana Then go learn about Helen Keller and try not to be so obtuse.

I bet I know about her long before you did, but I dont get whats funny.

It's so funny I forgot to laugh. >:(

IAMSTORMs avatar IAMSTORM No Way -11Reply
@512681

no she could speak, play piano and write, In English we watched an interview with her, her voice sounds a little funny but it is awesome that she can even talk

@512681

Dont act like you're all smart because you're obviously not. Helen Keller was deaf and blind.

(Grammar nazi): Oh my god. WHO THE HELL CARES?!

@(Grammar nazi): Oh my god. WHO THE HELL CARES?!

I truly don't care really. I just don't appreciate being bitched at over the internet for laughing at hell-worthy posts. So if you're gonna condemn me for my actions on your high horse, it better be grammatically correct.

Wow. That is so fucking disrespectful. And twisted. It's not fucking funny. God damn. If you've ever actually met or known a blind and/or deaf person, say, if you had one as a sister, you wouldn't think of this as something to laugh at. There is nothing even remotely funny about this unless you're a sick, dimented fuck. Which in this case, I'm assuming you are.

@Demented*

(Grammar nazi): y smilie

Cats avatar Cat Yeah You Are +57Reply
@Demented*

(Grammar nazi): you just made my day.

gananass avatar gananas Yeah You Are +11Reply
@Demented*

(Grammar nazi): Sehr gut.

TheWeasels avatar TheWeasel Yeah You Are +8Reply
@Demented*

(Grammar nazi): Rofl. Awesome.

Sahils avatar Sahil Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Sahil (Grammar nazi): Rofl. Awesome.

@636502 (Sahil): ROFL i love ur username... and i love how evryone ignored the paragraph long reply

@Wow. That is so fucking disrespectful. And twisted. It's not fucking funny. God damn. If you've ever actually met...

actually i do know a deaf person shes a good friend of mine and shed find this hilarious

ilovesoftballs avatar ilovesoftball Yeah You Are +13Reply
Danahs avatar Danah Yeah You Are +7Reply

Hey, I have a cousin's that has the mentality of a 4 year old and is Deaf, and guess what? I THOUGH THIS WAS FUNNY! DEAL!

It's a joke, jokes aren't ment to be serious, if you can't cope with people poking fun at everything, get off the internet. :D