+407

There is no use for the letter "c" it always takes on the sound of "s" or "k." I think that we should get rid of the letter "c" or that it should just take on the sound of "ch," and stop confusing young children. amirite?

Education
4 42

"C" is for cookie, that's good enough for me

Then, when saying the alphabet:

A-B-CHEESE!

Bu-bu-but... My AB_'s? :C

AND NO SUPER SADFACE

So then things would be spelled ciken (chicken), cek (check), senter (center), and cinese (Chinese)? Yeah, kids won't be confused at all.

@743144

someone doesn't realize the point...

you said stop confusing young children,so it would be pronounced killdren if it always sounds like a k

i see your point, but then we'd end up with loads more homonyms than we already have...

my name starts with a C ! :C

lol yeah it better be a "ch" if nothing because my name is Chandler!

I think you ment "konfusing young people"

Chip -- chip
Khip -- kip

Cat
Kat

It just doesn't seem right

@Chip -- chip Khip -- kip Cat Kat It just doesn't seem right

Actually if "c" took on the "ch" sound, "chip" would be "cip."

I think K is more pointless, all it does is make the same sound C already makes most of the time, and it doesn't do anything else!
Kick, cic, they both sound the same... :P K is useless! :P

This exact same point was mentioned in the Baby-Sitter's Club books.

Omg I was thinking about posting this when I was bored in gym like 2 weeks ago o.e When I'm in gym, I always think about random amirite posts but never post them...
And NO! Don't get rid of the letter C! The alphabet would be weird... "Alright kids! Let's sing it all together now! A, B, D..."

Noooo!!! My name starts with "C" thats why it's the best letter ever.

cookiecontrollercomputer
camp
can't
can
core
clamp
crap
cable
critter
care
cop
cope
cow
case
confuse
curtain
cube
cone
compass
crate
cool
cage
crazy
.....just a few that came to mind......

My name's Grace, so it would be Grase. I like it!

i bet all of the people that said no way to this have a c in their name lol... Like me >.>

@btwitiailwu i bet all of the people that said no way to this have a c in their name lol... Like me >.>

Actually in my language C is pronounced like in 'cookie' so it pretty important

gucis avatar guci No Way 0Reply

but...then my name would be chassandra :(
i like the letter c
and i like my name as Cassandra

@Truuninja Rice.

Isn't that what the OP is considering the "S" sound?

pericles4321s avatar pericles4321 Yeah You Are +15Reply
@pericles4321 Isn't that what the OP is considering the "S" sound?

It makes an S sound, but if you put an S in there instead of a C, you get an entirely different word altogether.

@Truuninja It makes an S sound, but if you put an S in there instead of a C, you get an entirely different word altogether.

Well, I wouldn't exactly blame the difference in pronunciation on the C/S, it really has to do with the fundamentals of the English language. Long I vs Short I. I agree with you though, the letter C is vital of course and OP is technically wrong. As a post though this is funny, to the blind eye it makes C look unnesessary... ;).

pericles4321s avatar pericles4321 Yeah You Are +8Reply

i say they make it a vowel

itd actually b a-b-ceese according to this person lol

Anonymous