+656

if your name is Miles in America does it change to Kilometers once you cross the border to Canada? amirite?

rowannes avatar
21 25
The voters have decided that rowanne is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

On the border, it's Milo.

That's cute :]

blueapple56s avatar blueapple56 Yeah You Are +3Reply

Yes, but many people shorten it to 'Kilo.' It sounds better.

haha did you get this from SNL? haha

@UhOhBananaTime haha did you get this from SNL? haha

I was just in Canada opening for Miles Davis... Kilometers Davis

naw, it's this lame joke my mum's always making. haha, why is it on there?

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +1Reply
@rowanne naw, it's this lame joke my mum's always making. haha, why is it on there?

haha yeah its from when Zach Galifianakis the guy who plays Alan from The Hangover hosted it :D

@rowanne oh dang. now i feel like a jip. D: oh well.

haha if it wasn't already posted I think your good, because I still think it's funny :D

why do people call it "America"? Saying "the U.S" sounds better, imo.

@why do people call it "America"? Saying "the U.S" sounds better, imo.

Yeah I try to say U.S. so long as it doesn't make the sentence awkward. It bugs me to say "American" though, since it doesn't seem specific enough (since Mexico is also technically in America, thus making those "America for Americans" signs kind of pointless), but alas, there is no proper eponym for "a resident of the United States of America."

SalientKs avatar SalientK Yeah You Are +2Reply

dunno! i say either. i really like saying "the states" though, it makes me feel british.

@rowanne dunno! i say either. i really like saying "the states" though, it makes me feel british.

I've always liked the word "stateside" when referring to things that happen in the U.S.

SalientKs avatar SalientK Yeah You Are 0Reply

I'm now going on a search for a "Kilometers" somewhere in Canada

I voted no way because I am an asshole.

:)

@DuvabiddleGerpen I voted no way because I am an asshole. :)

sweet! (i was about to say i love assholes, but, i'm going to strike that statement before i say it).

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are 0Reply

lol my ex's name was miles...................................... AWKWARD

The real question is why you're freaking out over a very small number of no ways compared to yeah you ares. every post gets some no ways. i think it's you that needs to lighten up.

@caitling11 The real question is why you're freaking out over a very small number of no ways compared to yeah you ares. every...

i really don't want to get into an argument so i'm going to make this clear. first, it's my post, so frankly, i'll do what i please. second, i'm not 'freaking out'- i'm not seriously worrying about it. i am however confused; 62+ 'no ways' seems like a lot for a harmless joke, which leads me to believe that people are somehow taking me seriously. that's a bit concerning. third, i think you need to lighten up as well, considering my 'freaking out' in no way effects you yet you still feel the need to reprimand me for it. leave me alone, please.

i think you were trying to imply that since the distances change once you cross the border, soshould the name but this is not true at all and you fail

@Charles_E_Cheese i think you were trying to imply that since the distances change once you cross the border, soshould the name but...

i.. no? christ, you're reading way too much into this. it's a joke my mum always makes because she's lame. why they fuck would i want people to literally change their name?

..i think it's you, sir, who fail.

Anonymous