Big_Bosss avatar
8 67

This is the most depressing post I have ever read on this site. Excuse me while I slit my wrists, listen to depressing music, and cry myself to sleep.

No but you see, we don't live just to suffer, suffer makes a small part of our lives. We only live to enjoy ourselves and to try as many amazing things as we can. It's not like the point of everything has to be an everlasting effect. Life is like going to an amusement park: sure you'll have fun for a while, maybe throw up here and there, but when you leave happy you won't need to have changed the park at all, it's still there for all other people to enjoy.

@Nacklefoodle No but you see, we don't live just to suffer, suffer makes a small part of our lives. We only live to enjoy...

great analogy... everybody fasten their seatbelts this rollercoaster will give us one hell of a ride.

@ladygagamonster great analogy... everybody fasten their seatbelts this rollercoaster will give us one hell of a ride.

Please don't ruin my analogy with something completely cheesy and overused. Life is NOT a rollercoaster and I'm sick of that saying.

With that point of view, life is pretty depressing.

@Detective Life IS depressing.

Life is beautiful. Even the fact that we can all recognize and discuss whether or not it's meaningful is fucking incredible.

@Detective Life IS depressing.

that's the one part of life you have COMPLETE control over- you're view of it. sure it will be influenced by what goes on around you, but you get to decide whether or not you want to be depressed

Woah man, slow down. If people were just living to eventually die, then the universe would just be recycling humans over and over again. And the universe obviously wants to make some sort of profit somewhere; having people live and then die gives no profit nor gain.

CHEER UP EVERYONE I HAVE ICECREAM

(in the least creepy white van way possible) wary smilie

@AnnaBanana123 Woah man, slow down. If people were just living to eventually die, then the universe would just be recycling humans...

the universe does recycle humans. after we die our bodies disintegrate and the atoms are reused.

Emo emo is emo. lolwut smilie

@orangesocks Emo emo is emo.

try saying that five times fast

kacheeks avatar kacheek Yeah You Are 0Reply
@kacheek try saying that five times fast

Considering one of the two words is repeated 3 times, it's not exactly difficult...

Theres a reason people have religion.

@Maximumnerd Theres a reason people have religion.

I knew people were going to disagree because of that

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Maximumnerd Notice I didn't disagree.

Im on the mobile version of this site so I can't see who agreed/disagreed

@Maximumnerd Notice I didn't disagree.

Idk if this is true but I think you don't keep your memories upon entering heaven at least I don't think you will recall anything because you will be focused on all the awesome things in front of you.

Depressing? Maybe. Pessimistic? No. This is just being realistic; that's why ignorance is bliss.

Unenthusiastics avatar Unenthusiastic Yeah You Are +7Reply
@Unenthusiastic Depressing? Maybe. Pessimistic? No. This is just being realistic; that's why ignorance is bliss.

No, this IS pessimistic. There is a glass, and he's viewing it as a glass of no water and no nourishment whatsoever, while all it is is a free glass with which to do whatever you like.

You sir, are from here on out to be known as King Nihilist.

Live life in a way that betters other's lives so you've improved the world around you, religious or not you've gotta agree there is meaning in that.

somebody's a Pessimist. capital P.

I have thought about this since I was 10, it gets really depressing when you look into it.

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are +4Reply

cool, im gonna die. that means nothing i do matters. might as well have some fun while im here.

No one has any idea what happens when we die, so this might not be true.

Yeah, I feel the same way. My therapist scolded me 4 thinking it, mOstly just because I was right

Not emo. Nihilist.

The Reds just won.
Thanks.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 No Way 0Reply

Where did that pleasant thought come from?

just because it sucks doesn't mean it's not true. xD life is mostly pointless so we might as well have lots of fun while we can~

Someone's emo.

It's not like you have anything better to do

It is true. Someday the universe will implode/explode, or at the very least the human race will die out. Nothing will be left. Oh the lulz of mortality

@MachoCheez It is true. Someday the universe will implode/explode, or at the very least the human race will die out. Nothing...

Universe isn't going to implode, gravity is far to weak compared to dark energy, which repels things

@Sonofarifle Universe isn't going to implode, gravity is far to weak compared to dark energy, which repels things

I like your username. From now on I will say "son of a rifle" or "son of a revolver".

OT: the universe must end eventually, one way or another.

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are 0Reply
@Big_Boss I like your username. From now on I will say "son of a rifle" or "son of a revolver". OT: the universe must end...

I know it will end one way or the other, and that is also stated in the bible, I dont believe there will be
a big crunch, more likely a big freeze or a big fizzle

@Stuff A big... crunch? What?

That sounds like a cereal brand wary smilie

Big_Bosss avatar Big_Boss Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Stuff XD Kinda does.

Hmm it does, the big crunch was the scientific name for the collapse of the universe, opposite of the big bang

@Sonofarifle We could be, but the universe wouldnt end

Wait. You just said the big bang is the theory of the creation of the universe. And the big crunch is the opposite. So let's say a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY mothereffingly huge meteorite...

@Stuff Wait. You just said the big bang is the theory of the creation of the universe. And the big crunch is the opposite...

No, it would have to be something that counteracts dark energy so much, that the universe implodes on itself, which is impossible from what I know

@Sonofarifle I give up

@1273896 (Sonofarifle): You two made my notifications explode :O

@Big_Boss @1273896 (Sonofarifle): You two made my notifications explode :O

XD Sorry. ...Oh wow, I just realized how stupid that last comment was. o_O So then... zero gravity? We're all gonna die from zero gravity?
@1274028 (Shadow_of_Intent): ...:D

We were talking with the master regarding the nature of conceptual reality. Psychologically speaking, the human mind, or brain, or whatever are almost incapable of distinguishing between the real, and the vividly imagined. Sound, film, music and radio. Even these manipulated experiences are received more or less directly and uninterpreted by the mind. They are cataloged and record upon, stored in the memory, or both. Now this process, unless we pay it tremendous attention, begins to separate us from the reality of the now. Am I being clear? For we must allow the now to just happen, as it happens. For where there is clarity, there is no choice, and where there is choice...there is misery...but then, why should I speak? Since I know nothing.

@We were talking with the master regarding the nature of conceptual reality. Psychologically speaking, the human...

Sorry, I found what you were putting across extremely interesting, but I didn't quite understand what it was that you were saying, would it be okay if you could explain that again

Anonymous