+293

"Music these days just sucks! The oldies are way better"- No, great music is being made everyday, idiot. It doesn't matter when it's made, amirite?

HopeImrites avatar Music
5 40
The voters have decided that HopeImrite is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I get what you're saying but I hardly think "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" is as you say: great music.

Chipss avatar Chips No Way +5Reply
@Chips I get what you're saying but I hardly think "I wanna take a ride on your disco stick" is as you say: great music.

Good (in your opinion) music might not be mainstream but I doubt it's just not there at all.

@Good (in your opinion) music might not be mainstream but I doubt it's just not there at all.

(Anonymous):I have nothing against mainstream music, I think its important to point out tho that songs made 30 years ago are still appreciated, but when an old Britney Spears song for example starts playing people say: arggh this song is so old, change it.I think the ratio of good music 30 years ago and now is largely in the oldies favour.

Chipss avatar Chips No Way 0Reply

so...they're an idiot because they don't like the same music as you? in general, music these days DOES suck. maybe the occasional great song, but mostly just songs that suck.

the beatles, katy perry, the beatles, katy perry... gee i dont know which one is better...

@1080310

im an idiot because i believe music today sucks? liking older music doesnt make me an idiot, i just have a different opinion than you. maybe i am a hipster, i dont really care. since the OP claims great music is being made every day, why dont they show us some, because i havent heard it.

@brunetterox915 im an idiot because i believe music today sucks? liking older music doesnt make me an idiot, i just have a...

Maybe if you weren't stupid enough to believe that music played on the radio is all the music, I wouldn't think you're an idiot.
Either you're an idiot or you're around the age of 11. It's not a difference of opinon I love a lot of old music, I'm just not retarded enough to think when music is made determines if it's good or not

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +2Reply
@HopeImrite Maybe if you weren't stupid enough to believe that music played on the radio is all the music, I wouldn't think...

i never said the time it's made determines how good it is. thanks for being the second person to call me retarded, i appreciate it. im aware there's other music out there other than what's on the radio, i listen to some of it. like i said, sometimes there are the good songs, but there are a lot of really bad ones as well.

its sad that you cant get through an argument without name calling. maybe YOURE the 11 year old. but whatever, some people think that makes them sound smarter, so go right on ahead. im done here so that's that.

@myprofile please an example of something you deem good that was made recently

Arcade Fire's new album. Mumford and Son's recent one. Rise Against's new one. Eminem's Recovery. A Day To Remember's new album. There's a ton of great stuff out there

HopeImrites avatar HopeImrite Yeah You Are +1Reply
@HopeImrite Arcade Fire's new album. Mumford and Son's recent one. Rise Against's new one. Eminem's Recovery. A Day To...

Arcade Fire is overrated I don't care for them. Mumford and Son's blow, atleast the song i always hear on the radio does. Rise Against I don't hate but theyre not mind blowing either, and Recovery is just not what i want from eminem. soooooo yea i remain unconvinced

@1080310

Mainstream music is pretty bad these days, but some people like the style of old music, that just can't be reproduced. It's a matter of preference, so for some people, it does matter when it was made. Sure, if any new bands could master the sound like Lennon, Townshend, or Richards, maybe I'd give it a good chance, but in all truths, they do not make music like they used to.

@NowayBoss Are you by any chance, mentally challenged? You definately seem like it

im mentally challenged? yeah okay, whatever you say. i have a different opinion than you, so obviously i have something wrong with me.

maybe you shouldnt insult me when you cant spell.

I dont get it when paople say oldies were better. I mean, Im sure some bad songs were out back then too but people just chose to forget those which is what we can do for this time.

I think music was more consistently better many years ago. Today's popular music can't even compete with popular music from the 60's to the 90's but there are good artists today, they're just less known and recognized.

@Reptarr I think music was more consistently better many years ago. Today's popular music can't even compete with popular...

I never said that pop music was any good. Not really a fan, but there are some good songs on the radio every now and then.

@HopeImrite I never said that pop music was any good. Not really a fan, but there are some good songs on the radio every now...

Yeah no doubt there are still good songs today but just back 20-30 years ago you could turn on the radio and it was more likely you'd hear a good song. Good music is definitely still around it's just not as popular.

A lot of the older music that is popular now wasn't very popular when it was first released. The popular music that everyone listened to was just as crappy as it is now, we just don't remember it because it's not played anymore.

Readzs avatar Readz Yeah You Are +1Reply

I agree with the first two sentences.

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are +3Reply

People think the oldies were great because those are the best songs that remained popular. Katy Perry isn't going to stay popular, and it's incredibly stupid to disregard all music just because it was made recently. It's just as stupid as saying you don't like some music because it's old. All generations have good and bad music.

So please, before you rag on today's music, listen to all the artists from a couple decades back, and then all the current music. And since you can't do that... just restrict it to certain bands.

EstoniaObsesseds avatar EstoniaObsessed Yeah You Are +3Reply

I disagree with this post mainly as the poster is a little arrogant and disrespectful.

Sure currently some amazing stuff is out and being made BUT it is few and far between as most that is easily obtainable is re processed beats to an average singer with voice tuning improving it. Before about 1997 where autotune really took off music was that little bit better as it took more to become big, effort was put in and those with talent would shine.

You need to appreciate the old as it is what lead to today but you must also enjoy anything new that you like as a songs age is irrelevent if it plucks the strings to your heart.

Unuseds avatar Unused No Way +2Reply

I think of it this way: Most popular songs these days aren't very good. Everyone has there own opinion, and mine is that they don't make 'em like they used to.

Maybe the people the OP is quoting prefer the style of music that doesn't involve autotune.

__________s avatar __________ Yeah You Are 0Reply

$10 that OP is an 11 year old girl.

OmGZzzzZZzZ!11!!!!!111! kATy pERrY iS FaBuLuszzzSzZ! lAdY gAGa Izzz Gawd!!

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way -2Reply
@EstoniaObsessed There are artists besides Katy Perry and Lady GaGa, you know.

Srry I 4goTSZzzz jUstIN, MaI BeAU! Mai pAreNtzzzz dontzzz letz me LitzeNENNNN 2 rAp ButZ I hve Sum UsHer On my IpodDdDDDdD! ShHhH! DoNt, telzz dem!I'm a rEbEllIuzZ TwEEn!

In all seriousness, the only people who I have ever seen defend today's music are Tweens who only listen to top 40.

AND WHY IS MY ARGUMENT WITH OP GONE! It was funny watching her freak out over the original comment (Yes, I am fully aware that OP has a Y chromosome).

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply
@Lkun Srry I 4goTSZzzz jUstIN, MaI BeAU! Mai pAreNtzzzz dontzzz letz me LitzeNENNNN 2 rAp ButZ I hve Sum UsHer On my...

As a teen girl who obsesses over the Beatles and the Cure and hates the top 40, I don't hate modern music. It's stupid to disregard all music just because it came out recently. The music that we think of as the oldies was the best from that time. I'm sure people said the same thing about the Beatles when they were starting out, saying, "Oh, they're new, so they must suck." And now look at them. The songs on the Top 40 aren't going to be what last.

EstoniaObsesseds avatar EstoniaObsessed Yeah You Are +1Reply
@1080760

Sorry, 11 must've been a stretch. 13-years-old sounds correct.

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply
@HopeImrite Youre not too bright, huh?

I'll let you keep thinking that. Aren't the tiger beat magazines on sale today? There's a new poster of JuStIN BieBEr!

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply
@HopeImrite Never heard of tiger beat... Huh, I guess you really aren't bright.

You must be a j-14 reader then. Or maybe you can't understand me... hmmm

Rn't da TyGeRerrrEr BeAttTtT MaGAzInEZZZZZZ un SlE 2DaI>??!??@!!?!?!

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply
@HopeImrite Never heard of j-14 either.

Well, I wouldn't expect you to get to much reading done anyways. I know how it is. Uv GaT URrrRRr GrRLZZzzzzZ 2 tXT!

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply
@Lkun Well, I wouldn't expect you to get to much reading done anyways. I know how it is. Uv GaT URrrRRr GrRLZZzzzzZ 2 tXT!

Yeah, I'm just gonna end this right now your stupidity regarding both my post and replys are quite sad and lack any real reasoning.

@HopeImrite Yeah, I'm just gonna end this right now your stupidity regarding both my post and replys are quite sad and lack any...

1. I've known you were a boy since I made the original comment and it's fun to watch you have an aneurism over every person who disagrees with your post (showing that you are immature and hate to lose) You've also been voting up all your comments.

2. You replied to all my comments with the same exact thing, so it's like the pot calling the kettle black.

3. I'm sorry to hear that it's your bed time... you know what they say, "early to bed, early to rise." Adieu child!

Lkuns avatar Lkun No Way 0Reply