+395

Guys who do ballet have way more guts than guys that play football, amirite?

9 73

Not all guys who dance ballet are gay, it is actually a very tough thing to learn and do. Yes, it does take guts because they have to prepare for being made fun of, which I find plain stupid. Football players run around in tight, butt hugging pants, throwing around a weird shaped ball, tackling eachother. And when the game is over, they slap eachother's butts. That, in my opinion, is a lot gayer than learning to dance.

Boufakas avatar Boufaka Yeah You Are +16Reply
@Boufaka Not all guys who dance ballet are gay, it is actually a very tough thing to learn and do. Yes, it does take guts...

True. Honestly wrestling is pretty gay too... In ballet the guy is around a bunch of chicks and gets to touch the inappropriately and blame it on the dance.

Do you think football is easy? Obviously the physical part isn't, but that's not even taking into account the mental aspect of the game.

@tea_ And what would that be? Which guy you run into?

Lolno, a simple high school playbook can take months to perfect, much less all the technique and constant work to get better.

@steelerman113 Lolno, a simple high school playbook can take months to perfect, much less all the technique and constant work to...

Yeah okay, I play basketball and those plays are alittle more difficult to do , and it's not that hard bro.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are -5Reply
@tea_ Yeah okay, I play basketball and those plays are alittle more difficult to do , and it's not that hard bro.

Ok, I doubt you've played a down of football in your life. All I'm saying is football is way more than what people who don't know anything about it make it out to be.

@steelerman113 Ok, I doubt you've played a down of football in your life. All I'm saying is football is way more than what people...

Don't even try to reason with the idiots on amirite. They're all prissy bitches who say cheerleaders are studs and football players are fags.

Actually no, I play powder puff football for my High School and I can say it's one of the easiest things I've ever done. Even tennis is more challenging.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are -2Reply
@tea_ Actually no, I play powder puff football for my High School and I can say it's one of the easiest things I've ever...

Well you must have been asleep the whole time because you clearly don't know anything about football.

@steelerman113 Well you must have been asleep the whole time because you clearly don't know anything about football.

Really? I stated nothing of knowledge of the game except for saying I think it's stupid and not that mentally or physically challenging. You don't have to know shit about a sport to figure that out, no matter what it is. So please get your thoughts straight next time.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are -2Reply
@tea_ Really? I stated nothing of knowledge of the game except for saying I think it's stupid and not that mentally or...

The only knowledge you've demonstrated is that people run at each other. You seem to have conveniently forgot about the footwork, the hours in the weight room, the conditioning, the speed and athleticism of most players, and I could go on and on with things that show that it's mentally and physically challenging.

Do you know what happens in basketball when Kobe gets smacked? REF REF FOOOOOUL! Do you know what happens in football when AP gets smacked? He keeps running. How about when Shaq knocks someone down? FOOOOOUL! How about when Patrick Willis smashes someone? The play ends. How many people are on the basketball court at a time? Ten. How many people are on the football field at a time? 22. Yeah, football is more difficult.

@DontJudge Do you know what happens in basketball when Kobe gets smacked? REF REF FOOOOOUL! Do you know what happens in...

Well duh? That's the rules of the game. You can't fault them on that, if you smack someone you will obviously get a foul, and probably a techinical one. While in football you do everything you can TO smack someone. I'm not understanding what you're getting at. Yes, I already know the rules of both, thank you.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tea_ Well duh? That's the rules of the game. You can't fault them on that, if you smack someone you will obviously get a...

Lol. Are you stupid? I was pointing out that basketball is a pussy sport and football is a man sport.

@tea_ You're a dumbass.

Haha. You're the one saying it doesn't hurt to get hit in football because of all our padding. Let me link you to some of the NFL's biggest hits. Even with pads, there will be pain. Professional football players don't show weakness while playing, which is why most try to just get up and pretend it doesn't hurt. There's a reason why girls don't play football. After watching this, you can determine if football is a legit sport or not.

@DontJudge Haha. You're the one saying it doesn't hurt to get hit in football because of all our padding. Let me link you to...

Yeah, I never said it doesn't hurt, I said you have a lot of covering to ease the pain while rugby players don't. & sorry not watching that.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tea_ Yeah, I never said it doesn't hurt, I said you have a lot of covering to ease the pain while rugby players don't. &...

First, rugby and football tackles are much different. Second, when did rugby get introduced into this? Nice way of retreating a losing battle btw.

@DontJudge First, rugby and football tackles are much different. Second, when did rugby get introduced into this? Nice way of...

I actually said to the girl above there, because I think it's probably the most painful sport, because football players wear layers and layers of padding. & yeah you're right, rugby's tackles are more brutal.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tea_ I actually said to the girl above there, because I think it's probably the most painful sport, because football...

Lol. Classic ignorance. Football players have some pads, which lets them hit as hard as they can. Rugby players tackle much differently. It's a different sport with different rules and no pads. There will be no head first tackles or people using their heads as weapons like they do in football. Let's get some statistics for your biased opinion. Sports science tested rugby hits vs. football hits. The numbers: 1600 pounds of force for rugby. 4800 pounds of force for american football. Shut the fuck up you ignorant fluffhead. Your arguments are getting thrown out the window.

@DontJudge Lol. Classic ignorance. Football players have some pads, which lets them hit as hard as they can. Rugby players...

I don't even care anymore, nor did I read what you said. Your opinion won't change mine, and I hope you think you're cool.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tea_ I don't even care anymore, nor did I read what you said. Your opinion won't change mine, and I hope you think...

lololololol run away pussy bitch. I know I'm cool. I hope you know that in real life, running away from your problems won't make them go away. Try listening to reason and logic, and maybe, just maybe, you might learn something.

Yeah I don't care I play soccer more than I do basketball. And both are more difficult, say what you want but football is stupid and one of the only sports where you can be fat to play.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are -2Reply
@tea_ Yeah I don't care I play soccer more than I do basketball. And both are more difficult, say what you want but...

Football is only made stupid when people like you try to play without understanding anything about it. Sure, sometimes football players can be fat, but generally they're just a ton of muscle. If you're fat you either get in shape, or don't start.

@steelerman113 What about the NFL?

They have overweight players who start.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are -1Reply
@tea_ They have overweight players who start.

I agree, but they're in good football shape for the most part. Casey Hampton is the perfect example, he may be overweight, but he's one of the most dominant nose tackles out there.

i play soccer too, and it's actually not difficult at all. it would take way more strength to play football. I also did ballet and it was the easiest thing ever

@xorachelxo i play soccer too, and it's actually not difficult at all. it would take way more strength to play football. I also...

If dancing was that easy... You did it wrong. End of story. My professional teachers alwayys say that if it hurts... You're doing it right. If it doesn't or it seems easy, you're doing it wrong.

Ahehrhorns avatar Ahehrhorn Yeah You Are +1Reply

Umm.... I don't know what kind of soccer you're doing, but if you do it competitively like it says on your page, it is def harder. Yeah I did ballet too, when I was little. Real ballet for people our age now is a lot harder then it was back then, and I can't even imagine the pro's experience. And you can't really say it takes more strength, when for soccer your strength has to be focused on your legs (and lungs) while football is to ram into people and occasionally throw a ball. Plus, if you ever played it'd be power puff, or flag football, which requires a significant less amount of stregnth than your legs need to have to play soccer at a varsity level.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply
@tea_ Umm.... I don't know what kind of soccer you're doing, but if you do it competitively like it says on your page...

I don't play football but i know people that do and it just takes more strength. No one tackles you in soccer. There's contact but it doesn't hurt. If you're actually good at soccer it's a piece of cake. Football however, you're constantly getting tackled and hit. You have to be really strong. And power puff football and flag football are nothing like the real thing.

@xorachelxo I don't play football but i know people that do and it just takes more strength. No one tackles you in soccer...

But you wear layers and layers of padding. & cleats hitting you froma failed slide tackle hurts PRETTY badly! If you were to say rugby took more strength than soccer or other sports, there I would agree with you.

tea_s avatar tea_ Yeah You Are 0Reply

Guys who can dance are damn sexy!

@Guys who can dance are damn sexy!

They feel the same way about each other too!

Yeah it takes guts for a guy to do ballet, but that doesn't mean it doesn't take guts to play football, or that football players are gutless. Not to mention that plenty of professional football players take dance classes and get manicures because they know it will benefit their game.

I think what the OP means is that it takes guts socially-speaking to do ballet. Performing takes guts, I was on Boy's Choreo last school year and learned several different dance styles, I also performed 10Nth power of times (ok well I'm exaggerating, but a ton of times) in front of tons of people, at schools for disabled peoples, theaters, pep rallies etc.

At the end of the experience, however, my nervousness for presenting things in front of people is gone, I delivered my psychology presentation in a calm voice with no nervousness (and even internally did not feel nervous).

In fact I highly recommend forcing yourself to perform or joining a group several times, but make sure it's not a gorup with several people (nearly half of the peope in boy's choreo quit over the school year) and make sure the dance style is HARDCORE, like locking. popping, tutting, buck, breaking etc.

Thou shalt not regret it.

Last time I checked, 20 people didn't die annually from being a high school ballerina. Yeah yeah, you might get called gay, but unless YOU bring it up it's unlikely people will really know. You don't just get "a few cuts and bruises" from football; repeated hits to the head at such a young age cause all kinds of head trauma not limited to just concussions. So between maybe being picked on and suffering serious adverse health effects, I'd say football players have it rougher.

Guys in ballet get to hang around girls in dresses and leotards, while football players hang around with other sweaty guys.

@HashSlingingSlasher Guys in ballet get to hang around girls in dresses and leotards, while football players hang around with other...

Is your stupid ass forgetting about the cheerleaders ? AKA the hottest girls in the school. Anyone can join a ballet club and do it, even ugly chicks. You have to try out for cheerleading. And football is way harder, the people here who are saying its easy dont know anything about it. There are so many plays its overwhelming.

@Jatt4ever Is your stupid ass forgetting about the cheerleaders ? AKA the hottest girls in the school. Anyone can join a...

Cheerleaders are a joke. They're just girls with low self esteem that aren't good enough to be cheered for.

SnackMafias avatar SnackMafia Yeah You Are 0Reply

It is amazing how many pointless conversations there are here. Having guts is not about being strong or doing difficult things. And while neither ballet nor football(or wrestling even) classify someone as gay, gay people can have just as much or more guts as those who are straight. Football requires strength and skill but so does ballet, but that matter is irrelevant. The question is which activity requires more guts. Guts is internal, and has more to do with courage and Male ballerinas need guts to have the courage to dance in light of ridicule and teasing(because, whether rational or not, most men consider ballet a "girly" or "gay" activity). Football players need guts because they play a brutal sport. They risk serious sometimes permanent injury and they have the pressure of their fans to succeed. As far as which takes more guts, I do not know enough about either to say. All I can say is if you are arguing this issue focus on the issues that are relevant to the question.

Can we just say all sports are difficult? It all depends on your skills and talents.. There's no such thing as "the hardest sport in the world," because all sports are difficult in their own way. So who's to judge what is most difficult? Yeah. No one.

You know that this was just probably some gay kid who does ballet and was made fun of, and then in turn, his mom told his this to make him feel better.

@mschandle You know that this was just probably some gay kid who does ballet and was made fun of, and then in turn, his mom...

Ha... yea no.. I am definitely nott a guy or gay.. Just a girl who loves to dance and hates when people think ballerinas (male or female) get made fun of only because they love to dance.

It takes guts to do anything and the amount depends only on the person in question.

Obviously OP here has spent more time drooling over Harry Potter than any kind of sport, because gymnastics, not ballet takes a lot of strength, and a lot of guys who play professional football do ballet for balance and footwork, but it doesn't take guts to do ballet. It does take guts to play football because you get beat to a pulp on a daily basis.

@Obviously OP here has spent more time drooling over Harry Potter than any kind of sport, because gymnastics, not...

I'm not going to get into the whole 'guts' debate but just correct you on one point: Ballet actually takes a heck of a lot of strength because of all the extremely precise movements ballet dancers have to take and the straining of muscles in the feet, never mind the men doing the lifting. One of my oldest friends is a ballerina, that's how I know.

I'm pretty sure that being called a fag/fairy/that gay kid/ being rediculled throughout your whole school life is worse that a few bruises and broken bones you pussy!

Have you ever tried ballet? Not the light ballet thatfootball players do for balance, but honest to god ballet? That's the ultimate show of strength, balance, precision, dedication, and GUTS. blood sweat and tears, people. And on another note, gymnastics has nothing to do with ballet.

jordanhefners avatar jordanhefner Yeah You Are +1Reply

Having people make fun of you so that you feel like you're getting beat to a pulp would take guts...

Agreed.

arms avatar arm Yeah You Are -1Reply

Wrestling is probably the hardest sport in the world, and people who call it gay are just being immature.

@eaglefan607 Wrestling is probably the hardest sport in the world, and people who call it gay are just being immature.

I have to disagree. I think curling is the hardest sport in the world.

just to clarify before I get downvoted, I'm just kidding.

No, people who call it gay are being honest.
You're wrestling with another guy on the floor in spandex. Please tell me how that is not gay.

I have absolutely no respect for handegg players that's why I agree with this post.

BurnyBurns avatar BurnyBurn Yeah You Are -7Reply

Only cause they're gay!

@Only cause they're gay!

A) no, they're secure in their manhood.
B) some might be gay, but so what?
C) do you know how much muscle and strength ballet takes?

lecornergirls avatar lecornergirl Yeah You Are +22Reply
@Only cause they're gay!

Not the case!! I bet that you wouldn't have the guts to do it...