+339

If the wicked witch of the west melts on contact with water, how does she shower? Or does she not shower? Maybe she dry cleans herself... amirite?

Your_Average_Zebras avatar
5 18
The voters have decided that Your_Average_Zebra is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

See? Look, dry clean only. :o

sosokats avatar sosokat Yeah You Are 0Reply

I love The Wizard of Oz! <3

I'm here to answer your question! If you read Gregory McGuire's novel "Wicked" you would find out that she bathes herself with oil _ you're welcome :)

amandapndbas avatar amandapndba Yeah You Are 0Reply
@amandapndba I'm here to answer your question! If you read Gregory McGuire's novel "Wicked" you would find out that she bathes...

haha, thanks. ewwwww. Actually the reason i thought of this is because we're playing some parts of Wicked in orchestra.

@Your_Average_Zebra haha, thanks. ewwwww. Actually the reason i thought of this is because we're playing some parts of Wicked in orchestra.

LUCKY! in choir my freshman year the chorale group (upperclassmen) sang a wicked medly. now im a junior and would LOVE to do that again. it's my fav musical. what instrument do you play?

That's why she's green. she can't shower or she'd melt. duh.

@That's why she's green. she can't shower or she'd melt. duh.

...actually its really because her mom is a raging whore and slept with the wizard of oz, who gave her some Miracle Elixir, which made Elphaba green. Again, you're welcome :) (this was in both the novel and musical)

@amandapndba actually its really because her mom is a raging whore and slept with the wizard of oz, who gave her some Miracle...

love the musical! and in the musical the water melting her is only a myth that she uses to escape with Fiero (that's probably spelled wrong)

@wickedawesomechick love the musical! and in the musical the water melting her is only a myth that she uses to escape with Fiero...

In the book, she has hated water ever since she was a child, it burns her. It is never really explained why. Also, she never escapes with Fiyero. He is killed, and she runs to a convent where she goes into shock. She goes crazy at the end and thinks the scarecrow is Fiyero, but he really isn't.

@wickedawesomechick 0.0 wow that's different from the show, I think I like the show better

I know, they totally disney-fied it, which does make for better broadway. The book series is really well written but very very sad.

@parade_rainer yeah it's got some, uh, steamy description. that's for sure.

yeah it's very graphic. well, the third book is anyway. it's brilliantly written and it's highly philisophical. it's to this day one of my favorite books. and i love the play and the musical, too, don't get me wrong. however, as you said earlier, Broadway "Disney-fied" the dark, gloomy novel into something children can enjoy. although, most broadway shows are pg-13. at least. like Rent and Hair and Next to Normal (my current fav show)