+256

Some aspects of a year-round-school schedule are actually pretty appealing. Instead of lugging around in hot summer for break, you get 3-4 weeks off in summer, spring, fall, and winter, so you can have a fairly long break and experience all the other seasons with greater detail. amirite?

Rosss avatar
5 7
The voters have decided that Ross is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yeah, but then you don't get a feeling of fucking amazing relief that you get to sit around and forget everything and do nothing for 2.5 months straight, and, more prominently, school would feel like a long, endless cycle.

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Ram27 Yeah, but then you don't get a feeling of fucking amazing relief that you get to sit around and forget everything...

that's why a lot of people want year-round schools though. Kids forget a lot of what they learn during the summer, and all of that needs to be retaught to move on, wasting class time. That could be the reason countries like China and Japan have better test grades, because their summer break is shorter.

@789sasha that's why a lot of people want year-round schools though. Kids forget a lot of what they learn during the summer...

Were those people ever children? Or did they emerge from the flames of hell as an uptight adult?

Ram27s avatar Ram27 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@Ram27 Were those people ever children? Or did they emerge from the flames of hell as an uptight adult?

you still get breaks though... the same amount if you had the ten month schedule. It's just sprinkled throughout the year. I think it'd be good for a lot of teens out there. I'd rather have a 3 week winter break, two week spring break, and week long thanksgiving break then a two month summer.

This is my DREAM! I hate how being a student I don't get to enjoy any season for more than a week or two except summer. I don't give a shit about summer, in fact it's my least favourite. The school calendar should be a bit more fair.

Nacklefoodles avatar Nacklefoodle Yeah You Are +1Reply

Its a.....Erm.. Yes and no i HATE summer heat but i think i would feel tired going to school in summer.Think like this "Friend:Wanna come over tomorrow?

Me:Can't i have school in the summer..."

Trust me though, school in summer can be hardcore, it can be really hard to focus at all when it's so hot.