+141

If you aren't a racist & support gay marriage but think all twilight and justin bieber fans are stupid, then guess what? You're still judgmental & closed-minded, amirite?

BetaEmissions avatar
5 23
The voters have decided that BetaEmission is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Nobody's truly open-minded. Everyone is at least slightly brain washed or influenced by the society they grew up in.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +21Reply

I don't think that they're all stupid; I just think that a disproportionate amount of them are stupid.

I don't think simple fans are stupid... as a matter of fact, I have no opinion about Beiber fans at all. Crappy pop music serves it's purpose, and it's not going anywhere. As far as Twilight "fans" go... if you like it, that's one thing. If you go around bullheadedly insisting that they're the greatest books ever written and obsessing over the characters, then you are stupid. shrug That's just facts. Unfortunately for Steph Meyer, there are standards by which to judge literature, and hers fails miserably in all but sales... but all the sales mean is there's a lot of morons out there.

420Grrl +10Reply

Well, I mean, there is ACTUALLY a difference. Race and sexual orientation aren't a choice. But listening to Justin Beiber and reading Twilight are. Not that that's a reason to hate people, but, still. They're not really the same thing.

@Snorcackle Well, I mean, there is ACTUALLY a difference. Race and sexual orientation aren't a choice. But listening to Justin...

have you ever heard of a guilty pleasure? look, i'm not a twilight or jbiebs fan myself, but i've met plenty of people who are that are intelligent and sensible people. they just happen to enjoy it for whatever reason. i'm not saying that they think twilight is a great work of literature comparable to shakespeare, just that they enjoy reading it.

BetaEmissions avatar BetaEmission Yeah You Are +2Reply
@BetaEmission have you ever heard of a guilty pleasure? look, i'm not a twilight or jbiebs fan myself, but i've met plenty of...

And I'm saying that's their choice. I'm not saying they should get made fun of for it, just that it's their choice.

I believe the hardcore fans are the stupid ones. You know, the ones who believe that Edward is real and send death threats to Selena Gomez?

I also believe that both those "books" and that music are stupid. So yes, my taste is judgmental.

The majority of fans I've personally met are complete air heads. I don't like Biebers music, though then again I don't like pop music in general. Twilight, however.. I love reading, but I really don't understand how anyone would like it. The story is.. Blech at best. The farthest I got was the first book. I couldn't even move on to the second.

I hate Twilight and the Biebs but I don't care if someone likes those things. The only thing that bothers me is when people obsess over them and think Robert Pattinson loves them.

This also applies to Harry Potter. I'm a fan of Harry Potter but I hate when people let their lives revolve around it. Especially that "post-Potter depression" thing. That was so dumb.

Shuns avatar Shun Yeah You Are +2Reply

It's not judgmental and close-minded if it's the truth.

@It's not judgmental and close-minded if it's the truth.

I think (s)he's saying that it's politically incorrect to call the mentally challenged 'stupid'

@Captn_Awesome I think (s)he's saying that it's politically incorrect to call the mentally challenged 'stupid'

What is wrong with you? Just think about what you said. Think about it and tell me that it wasn't offensive to people that actually are mentally challenged, those who have an opinion about anything that differs from yours, and people who aren't educated.

@chocolatecakeisbad What is wrong with you? Just think about what you said. Think about it and tell me that it wasn't offensive to...

That reply is offensive to people who have a sense of humor.

-I said it's politically incorrect to call mentally challenged people stupid.
That's not an offense against the mentally challenged.
-I insulted people who have a differing opinion about this VERY specific subject, calling them mentally challenged.
I don't care. They probably don't either, and if they do, good, if they want to be a little bitch then they have that right, they're doing it because they WANT something to bitch about, I'm giving them something, if they had nothing else they would fuss at people's grammar. This is the internet.
-I made no insult to the uneducated, unless you're referring to the uneducated as people who like Twilight and Justin Bieber, in which case I was, and you helped me. Nice going.

Now go protest something that matters instead of acting like a mentally-challenged, pompous dick.

@Captn_Awesome That reply is offensive to people who have a sense of humor. -I said it's politically incorrect to call mentally...

I just have a quick question. Have you lived in the same city your whole life? Just curious.

@chocolatecakeisbad I just have a quick question. Have you lived in the same city your whole life? Just curious.

I haven't, actually. I've lived in the same state for over half of my life though, never the same city for too long though.
I'm extremely curious what you're going to try to prove with this new information.

@Captn_Awesome I haven't, actually. I've lived in the same state for over half of my life though, never the same city for too long...

Nothing. I'm not planning on proving anything at all. It was just to get a little bit of background on where you're coming from. You'd be surprised how important how many places someone has lived is.

Serious political issues =/= celebrities and fads

Finally someone gets it

As for Bieber, taste in music varies. Big deal. As for Meyers, you have to be stupid to enjoy that crap in the same sense that you have to be a woman to have your period.

eldoritos avatar eldorito No Way -10Reply