+1,127

Average teen mag: "DON'T CARE if others tell you you're too fat/do not use the right make-up/wear the wrong clothes/like the wrong celebs and music! You are an INDIVIDUAL!" ... (turn page) ... "...and this is what EVERYONE should wear in autumn! Check out Lady Gaga's new style! Miley Cyrus has a new song you simply gotta find awesome! And NEVER ever wear blue eyeshadow if you have blue eyes!... amirite?

Demonhunters avatar
50 32
The voters have decided that Demonhunter is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

STORY OF MY LIFE.
It's all, be confident with your body, but here's some tips to get the body we actually want you to have.

gananass avatar gananas Yeah You Are +18Reply

And then there are the ones that say things like, "Celebrities aren't as perfect as they look. They can be really insecure, they fight with their friends, and they make mistakes...just like you!" and on the nextg page, "Here's how to be confident, popular, and perfect...just like your favorite celebrity!"

not to mention all those tips on losing weight.
They also say stuff like "Urban Decay has awesome eyeshadows" then they say "tips on saving money!"

Haha you're supposed to wear blue with blue eyes, it makes them pop...

Gumperts avatar Gumpert Yeah You Are +12Reply
@Gumpert Haha you're supposed to wear blue with blue eyes, it makes them pop...

I always thought it was orange? But then again I don't have blue eyes so I wouldn't know.

JennaGees avatar JennaGee Yeah You Are 0Reply
@JennaGee I always thought it was orange? But then again I don't have blue eyes so I wouldn't know.

For blue eyes, it's best to wear blues, grays, oranges, and white.
For green, yellow, pink, red, brown, plum, green, and golden colors. Hazle eyes can wear a mixture of colors that are best for blue or green eyes. Brown eyes work best with yellows, peach, rose, red, brown, plum, orange, black, and light greens.

Gumperts avatar Gumpert Yeah You Are +2Reply
@SlipKnotic You cannot fathom the intensity of the fuck I do not give.

I'm sure! _ but probably because the comment wasn't for you... :p

Gumperts avatar Gumpert Yeah You Are +3Reply
@Gumpert I'm sure! _ but probably because the comment wasn't for you... :p

@544465 (frikkafrikkafresh): That's very true, and yet I still wasted time reading it for some reason

@SlipKnotic @544465 (frikkafrikkafresh): That's very true, and yet I still wasted time reading it for some reason

Stupid iPhone... >_<

That was SUPPOSED to say "because..." Uhh I forgot, but something about being sexy.... Or something...

Gumperts avatar Gumpert Yeah You Are 0Reply
@SlipKnotic It was probably about how sexy I am, I know it can be disorientating sometimes ;)

Ohoho! You so funny!

Unless you're coming on to me... I could use a little disorientation. ;p ROFLROFLROFL! but not really.

@SlipKnotic Haha ok. Before it gets any weirder, I'm just gonna go now.

No you're not. You'll come back and read every comment...

I've you brainwashed.

@Gumpert No you're not. You'll come back and read every comment... I've you brainwashed.

As much as you are correct by this statement, you used incorrect grammar. "I've you brainwashed" isn't proper grammar.

@Gumpert I've is a contraction of "I have" It is perfectly acceptable.

I don't believe that it works in that context. However, I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time

@SlipKnotic I don't believe that it works in that context. However, I may be wrong, it wouldn't be the first time

I've used it before in English class and I've never had a problem with it. As long as you can say "I have", it works. It just sounds funny.

@Gumpert I've used it before in English class and I've never had a problem with it. As long as you can say "I have", it...

That was actually my basis for thinking it was wrong. I usually go by the rule of thumb that if it sounds wrong, it probably is

@SlipKnotic That was actually my basis for thinking it was wrong. I usually go by the rule of thumb that if it sounds wrong, it...

There are a few things we say that aren't proper but we've said them so much, they sound right and the right way to do it sounds really off. shrugs

America, right?

@SlipKnotic I love America, but holy shit, as a country we're fucking braindead

I don't really love America; I just like it as a friend but I understand what you mean.

"Anorexia and bulimia are BAD. Don't stress about your weight! You're fine just the way you are, nobody's pefect!" turn page "The hottest bikinis for this summer! Here are some photos of bikinis being worn by a model with a perfect body!"

POTD worthy.

I especially hate ones that go something like this:

"You are an independent woman! You can be single and happy, you don't need a man! ...(turn page)...."Tips on how to get a guy! How to get the perfect date for prom!"

Grilled_Cheesuss avatar Grilled_Cheesus Yeah You Are +5Reply

I know ! That's what I was thinking, it's you shouldn't wear it with dark brown eyes :)

One of the only mags i have found that doesn't do this is called mental floss, its all about the intellectually funny and stimulating!!! Its awesome, i recommend it.

guys, you dunno how glad you make me with this comments and this post should be read by everyone jus tot clarify... mags are mostly shitty....

Demonhunters avatar Demonhunter Yeah You Are 0Reply