+129

I might be completely off on this but, why do you have to get good grades in college? Shouldn't you just have to get your degree? Its not like your future employer is going to check your grades, amirite?

3 27

A lot of employers do ask for your GPA.

Either way, if you're trying to scrape by now, you'll try and do it on the job as well. (Who cares how it's done, as long as it's done, right boss? Heh heh.) And THAT will get your lazy ass fired.

Actually, they do. Not to mention, if you don't get good grades, you're probably gonna suck in your desired field and potentially get fired. And if you go to grad school, you'll definitely want to get good grades to get into that (not to mention how would you feel is your doctor or engineer building a bride was an C student??)

12kate34s avatar 12kate34 No Way +19Reply
@MR_ "an C?" I can tell you aren't making very good grades either.

At least I'm not so insecure about my intelligence that I have to correct other people's minuscule grammar mistakes in order to try to make myself seem smart.

12kate34s avatar 12kate34 No Way +37Reply
@12kate34 At least I'm not so insecure about my intelligence that I have to correct other people's minuscule grammar mistakes...

Well, if you are in the middle of a job interview and you start speaking with horrible grammar, then they're probably not going to employ you.

@MR_ Well, if you are in the middle of a job interview and you start speaking with horrible grammar, then they're...

Sure. But it was obviously an error in typing. Everybody knows the a/an rule in English - you don't learn it in school and you don't look smart by correcting it; you look like a pedantic jerk. Plus, that mistake is significantly less likely to be made while speaking.

@GrandMasterHibibu Half the doctors out there were in the lower half of their class

They don't necessarily get hired. Plus med school is so intense and competitive that class rankings don't mean that much because everybody is pretty good.

I wouldn't want a C+ doctor operating on me

@Montgomery_Scott I wouldn't want a C+ doctor operating on me

sad thing is, most of them are D: the good ones are in the hamptons!

Maybe not always, but if there are several candidates with the same degree applying (and there often will be) then they would probably hire the one with the best GPA.

For most people their financial aid will cease if they fall below a certain grade.

If you don't get good grades, you don't get a degree.

@If you don't get good grades, you don't get a degree.

yea but like you can still get C's and pass and get a degree, amirite?

thisisaudreys avatar thisisaudrey Yeah You Are +23Reply
@thisisaudrey yea but like you can still get C's and pass and get a degree, amirite?

Yes. Some people stress out too much over their grades in college. I can see where doctors and lawyers would get stressed out but business or art majors shouldn't be stressing.

StickCavemans avatar StickCaveman Yeah You Are +2Reply

well grades matter so you can pass the class and to enter graduate programs like let's say to become a doctor or lawyer or whatever

So you're good at your profession :I They do check your grades, and they do see what you placed in the class.

Some jobs also ask for your university transcripts. I dont know about other professions, but they do it for science related jobs a lot. So yes, grades do matter.

It amuses me that this was posted anonymously. Implies the author knew it wouldn't be true/ would get a lot of negative feedback.

Was anyone else bothered at the comma after the "but"?

Says the OP who hasn't been to college yet.

Anonymous