+267

Movies at the movie theaters should have a "half-time break", amirite?

2 18

they used to, only it's called an "intermission".
We are not watching football or hockey or whatever.

@they used to, only it's called an "intermission". We are not watching football or hockey or whatever.

yeah. Gone With The Wind has an intermission. we saw it in class in 8th grade. so at the intermission we got to go to the bathroom and stuff. but ONLY then. hmm The Wizard of Oz didn't have one though? or did it when it was originally shown?

I was just about to type the same thing. Now my comment is just kinda awkward, but ah well; I was thinking it. :)

nah, if they randomly stopped in the middle of harry potter 7, it'd ruin the mood.

@I_Predict_A_Riot nah, if they randomly stopped in the middle of harry potter 7, it'd ruin the mood.

They would have an appropriate stop point built in. You would want to see more, but it wouldn't be completely annoying. Watch more play's, you'll understand.

@They would have an appropriate stop point built in. You would want to see more, but it wouldn't be completely...

it's perfectly fine for plays because the actors need a break, and the set needs to change and all. I think it's pointless for theatres, and it wouldn't work. If you really have to pee in the middle of it, then you'll have to bare the consequences and just go.

It would totally kill the vibe and if you cant hold your bladder for two hours you shouldn't watch movies

freddos avatar freddo No Way +3Reply

we have it in turkey its pretty awesome

Hahaha they actually do do that in some theaters around here.

You're lucky just to HAVE movie theaters ._.

That's the worst idea I've ever heard. If you don't have the attention span to watch a movie, don't watch movies.

@penguins_fly They have intermissions for movies in Switzerland. Why is it such a bad idea?

It ruins the atmosphere, serves next to no point, and just makes a short movie take longer than it needs to.

@shorkian It ruins the atmosphere, serves next to no point, and just makes a short movie take longer than it needs to.

I personally think it enhances it, because you can discuss the movie with friends and predict what's going to happen next. But you're probably just not used to it. You still need to come to Switzerland sometime, though.

@penguins_fly I personally think it enhances it, because you can discuss the movie with friends and predict what's going to...

I travel the world, I've experienced it, and I still hate it. I get why people like it, and have no problem with that. Even though, most of my friends and I still talk with no one hearing us. We've tested it, and we've found the perfect volume.

What?! You mean they don't have intermissions in other countries?! In Egypt, it goes without saying that in any movie, there's a short break in between halves for popcorn, bathroom, or whatever. I thought that was everywhere!!

@Bahira What?! You mean they don't have intermissions in other countries?! In Egypt, it goes without saying that in any...

No. They used to do it in America when people were just switching from plays to movies to ease the transition, but they stopped it in about the 1940's. That's really interesting they still do that in other countries.

They do during Indian movies sometimes because they're so long! XD