+164

Kingdom Hearts fans realize how gay the concept of the game is, but that's why we love it, amirite?

3 14

It's only Americans who would insult such a beautiful game, by giving it a label such as "gay." Anywhere else, people would see the pureness of friendship and the dedication and self giving one should do for the ones he/she cares about. Oh and also those annoying "artists" who draw Sora and Riku kissing. That really pisses me off.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with being gay, but that wasn't the intention of the makers and op is using it derogatorily

Did you seriously call Kingdom Hearts gay?

How dare you? You've obviously played it, and embraced the pure awesomeness of it. It's got a storyline better than most movies I have ever watched, brought tears to my eyes, and I don't regret the hours and hours of weekends I spent playing the games. Yeah, it does have some flaws, like Kairi's serious lack of character development, but it's an incredible game.

And with the whole gay thing, if we're discussing the homosexual gay, rather than the stupid gay, yeah, we have the crazy yaoi fangirls. That's why I avoid the fandom (everyone likes the gay couples...). But the fandom is not the game, and in the game, NO ONE IS GAY. Sora and Riku are FRIENDS. Axel and Roxas are FRIENDS. Deal with it, fangirls, deal with it!

So yeah. End of rant.

For example?

@ASWCC For example?

It's a game about a boy with a giant key running around fighting off little alien-dudes with Disney characters. It sounds really stupid, but it the end, it's awesome and that's why we play it. Make sense?

@It's a game about a boy with a giant key running around fighting off little alien-dudes with Disney characters. It...

You could do that with anything. "A man dressed like a bat and his butler solve crime and fight an evil clown-dude"

How does that make it gay? Can a game BE gay? Does it have a gender? Is it a sentient being? Is anyone going to answer this?

@ASWCC For example?

a guy travels across the universe in order to find and save his friends, through all the hardships he makes new ones and finds the one he loves

names avatar name Yeah You Are +5Reply

I was playing that game 10 minutes ago and its not gay at all, actually its a pretty good game with a GREAT story probably one of the best.

Kingdom Hearts 2 was actually kind of... dark, when you think about it.
I mean, for the first half of the game, all Roxas is told is that he shouldn't have existed. Then, he finds out they're right and all he can do is accept it. :'(

Kingdom Hearts 2 was actually pretty dark, when you think about it.
I mean, for basically the first part of the game, all Roxas is told is that he should not have existed and then his friends begin to forget about him. He tries to deny it, but...in the end, all he can do is accept it and disappear. :'(

Dude, I haven't played that game in FOREVER. Now I really want to play it... :)