+344

Everyone hates the people who answer "a boat" or something of that sort when playing Desert Island. I'm trying to get to know you, goddammit. Why not choose something that tells me something about you, instead of telling me that you're an obnoxious smart ass, amirite?

kodabear911s avatar
4 16
The voters have decided that kodabear911 is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

well maybe once you get to know them you'll realize that they're an obnoxious smartass.

Why not just ask them to tell you about themselves... I'd much rather someone seem interested in knowing about me than asking what I'd take to a made up Desert Island.

@tomisadick Why not just ask them to tell you about themselves... I'd much rather someone seem interested in knowing about me...

I was talking more about when you go to a camp or some class or something and they play these games to get to know your camp/classmates. Not just playing this kind of stuff at a party. If we're all being forced to play this game, it makes it nicer for everyone involved if you put some thought in it and actually let us get to know you, y'know?

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +13Reply
@981788

No shit you'd want to get off the island. IT'S A FUCKING DESERTED ISLAND! I understand that if you were actually stuck on a deserted island you'd want to get off of it but it isn't real. If you actually think that you're going to be stuck on a desert island (AND be able to take one thing you love most of all onto the island with you), you're a moron.

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +1Reply
@984664

And I'm just saying that you're a moron for taking it literally. It's obviously a game. That's all I'm saying!

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +3Reply

I would bring Physician's Desk Reference...hollowed out, inside-waterproof matches, iodine tablets, beet seeds, protein bars, NASA blanket and, in case I get bored, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. No, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Question, did my shoes come off in the plane crash?

Say that they now have a row boat without any paddles.

i think you're overreacting.

@Shortstopmwd i think you're overreacting.

How was that overreacting...? It's not like I maim the people who do it. I'm just saying it's annoying when people refuse to take part in something we're forced to do, and think that they're being clever by coming up with a "witty" remark to get out of it.

Nevermind that a boat makes the most sense. If I was stuck on an island, I wouldn't bring video games or something else that I do in my free time, I would bring something that would get me home.

@vitaminb Nevermind that a boat makes the most sense. If I was stuck on an island, I wouldn't bring video games or something...

Again that's not the point of the game... Do you actually think you're going to be stuck on an island and you can only have 3 things? No. It's just a more fun way of "tell me what your 3 favorite things are". If you would actually just play along and have fun with the game, it would be a much more enjoyable experience for everybody, right?

kodabear911s avatar kodabear911 Yeah You Are +2Reply

A teleporter or civilization.

Well doesn't that tell you that they're an obnoxious smart ass