-221

People say that popular music sucks. Guess what? Most of it is GOOD. That's why it's popular, amirite?

1 62
The voters have decided that this post is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Yes, because the majority is always right.

This concludes today's lesson in sarcasm. Next week, we will learn how to insult people, without looking like a douche.

Correction: Most of it is CATCHY that's why it's popular

@1187363

Kashmir wasn't a chart topping song.

@1187363

Not that was a BRILLIANTLY EPIC song.

dan94s avatar dan94 No Way 0Reply
@1189393

lol of course Kashmir.

dan94s avatar dan94 No Way 0Reply

post fail.

Rebecca Black, get off the internet.

@1187316

It's popular because of Usher.

@1187368

He deceives woman by saying things like "I'm in love with you" and stuff, when in reality he just wants sex.

Just like Akon.

@1187368

Usher and justin bieber have talent.

@LAKERSoverHEAT Usher and justin bieber have talent.

I am so so sorry for you loss of hearing, I can teach you sign language so you can see the crappy lyrics another way if you want.

Because Rebecca Black's Friday is such a WONDERFUL song!

i'm probably going to get tarred and feathered for this, but I never really liked kate perry. I don't like her songs much, seems as if she's just sex appeal. Most musicians are today.

The way I see it the majority of "mainstream/popular" music these days is DEAD!!
ANYONE CAN DO IT!!
You don't need talent anymore. All you need is enough money to pay a REAL musician to write lyrics and music so you can put your name on it.
If your attractive you can be a popular "musician".
If you know the right people you can be a popular "musician".
if you have the money you can be a popular "musician".
If you can press the right buttons on a computer to make sounds you can be a popular "musician".

The only problem is that you won't know squat about what makes music, MUSIC.
of you start of with the mindset of "I don't care how bug I get as a REAL musician." your music probably won't be dead and it will have MEANING.

But that's just what I think. :)

@Mandii_Smith The way I see it the majority of "mainstream/popular" music these days is DEAD!! ANYONE CAN DO IT!! You don't...

Also. It's usually only popular because people are to stubborn and close minded to listening to something a dumb magazine or popular radio station doesn't say it "in".
It's the same reason why people change their style with what's being sold at the mall.

Why didn't this person put it in category music?

Meandmycats avatar Meandmycat Yeah You Are +5Reply

Yeah, what's better than music about sex, alcohol and drugs right?

Some (ONLY SOME) of pop music is ok, it's the ones that rely on sex, sex appeal, limited clothing, no clothing, and autotune are the ones that are defacing the music industry.

Pigeons avatar Pigeon No Way +5Reply
@Example: Black Eyed Peas used to be a decent group. Then they discovered AutoTune.

Exactly, there are some nice ones out there but they're just overshadowed by other groups

"You think I have shitty taste in music? The music I listen to has gotten me through the hardest of times. When people weren't there, music was. Lyrics that describe my life. Not meaningless love songs, or lyrics about getting wasted, or stupid techno songs about sex. The music I listen to is part of who I am. You think it's emo because it actually has some meaning behind it? Fine, don't listen to it. But when your life falls apart, you can go listen to "Like a G6" and hope it gets you through it."

jraaeys avatar jraaey No Way +4Reply

Music is subjective. You like what you like. When you think about it, no music is "good" or "bad." Who defines what's good music and what's bad?

And this leaves me to wonder how many people here actually dislike it due to poor quality/talent, and how many are just hipsters.

Yeah, because dance music that clogs up the radio is definitely good, quality music. ono smilie
http://curryforyourthoughts.wor...and-pop-music/

@1187364

Because it's wrong, herp derp

@1187364

Hmmm I don't know? Why is the sky blue? Why does the Wii Fit have a weight limit? It sucks crap Sherlock.

@1187489

But... You voted positive...

@1187489

" I'll vote negative so I don't feel left out."
Isn't that basically why all this crappy music is popular? So we don't feel left out for not listening to what everyone else in the world is listening too? Society doesn't care about what's GOOD anymore. Along as ya popular.

In some instances you're correct:
Green Day
Kings of Leon
Other times.... just no:
Lady Gaga
Rebecca Black
Ke$ha

dan94s avatar dan94 No Way 0Reply

hmm... i see the point here. people say that its just like 2 words repeated over and over and old music was better. i disagree. poker face is pretty similar to cherrybomb but old ppl still like the runaways better than gaga

Popular music IS catchy. It's fun to listen to. Is that really such a bad thing? It's popular and fun to sing along to. Get the stick out of your asses

@Popular music IS catchy. It's fun to listen to. Is that really such a bad thing? It's popular and fun to sing along...

just because someone doesn't agree to your taste in music doesn't mean they have a stick up their ass. Just means that they have different tastes in music. and i don't like this post because it makes the OP seem like they are the shit. which is untrue.

More people listening=better stuff.
fact.

@More people listening=better stuff. fact.

Apparently you have never heard Beiber,Black, or Cyrus

@AmiriteFairy Apparently you have never heard Beiber,Black, or Cyrus

people DO think theyre good, you just have an obcure music taste. hipster. hahaha. jk.

That just means more people listen to stuff I don't like.