+243

When parents don't know the lingo of today, things can get awkward. For example, when they call your cat "pussy" in front of you and your friends, amirite?

Andromedas avatar Life
1 7
The voters have decided that Andromeda is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

My mom always says things like "oh, she had her girlfriend over" when referring to my friends, and I'm like ".....stop saying that, people are gonna get the wrong idea..." or she says "hook up" as "hang out", so it's the worst when she says "she hooked up with her girlfriend."

goodtimes avatar goodtime Yeah You Are +10Reply
@goodtime My mom always says things like "oh, she had her girlfriend over" when referring to my friends, and I'm like...

My dad says 'hook up' as 'hang out' as well... like if I go out with friends he'll be like 'so did you hook up with anyone else?' and so on. gah

Pussy is an old word, they would have used it.

That's not a good example; the term "pussy" for female genitalia has been around for ages. Have you never seen "Are You Being Served?" and the amount of laughter Molly Sugden always got for saying accidentally suggestive sentences when referring to her cat, whom she always called her pussy?

Giggles and blushes

Deadcuties avatar Deadcutie Yeah You Are -1Reply