+330

So in America equal rights really means equal rights for every straight male. Gays can't get married and women can't get an abortion. Great job America! amirite?

youreXallXcrazys avatar
8 59
The voters have decided that youreXallXcrazy is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Hey to be fair males can't get an abortion either.

women can get abortions..

@SamG women can get abortions..

Yeah, I don't know what this post is talking about. Of course there are restrictions on it (partially for safety from what I know), but Roe v. Wade said that women can get abortions.

Know what you're talking about before you post.

@CapedCrusader Yeah, I don't know what this post is talking about. Of course there are restrictions on it (partially for safety...

right? i know third-trimester abortions are a different story but in every single state, abortion is legal. i had to read the post a couple of times to make sure i was reading it correctly, then realized the OP really was wrong

I agree with this post, but seriously, I'm tired of seeing this stuff on amirite. Most people here are teenagers, and the vast majority agrees. You're preaching to the choir. A better way to get the message out is by talking to older people (you know, those people who can actually vote).

So men can get abortions...?

Because you're talking about equality....and saying women makes it gender equality.

I'm pretty sure abortions give the babies unequal rights. In fact, they give them none at all.

@I'm pretty sure abortions give the babies unequal rights. In fact, they give them none at all.

well doesn't it like not get any rights at all since its a fetus. it only gets rights when its really a baby and took a breath or sumthing.
saw it on a tv show like csi or sumthing hahas

@TalkingRice well doesn't it like not get any rights at all since its a fetus. it only gets rights when its really a baby and...

Sure, it can't breathe on its own, but it can still feel pain and it is already a human being.

@Sure, it can't breathe on its own, but it can still feel pain and it is already a human being.

that's beside the point, it's still not techniqually a human yet. would you count killing sperm as murder? well anyways my source is a tv show that seemed legit so w/e disagree if you want

@TalkingRice that's beside the point, it's still not techniqually a human yet. would you count killing sperm as murder? well...

it is a human, sperm is never a human. A fetus is a baby, just less developed but still a person & should still have rights.

I think you mean every straight WHITE middle-class male.

@thecatcherintherye I think you mean every straight WHITE middle-class male.

Really? Because I would love to hear how straight asian middle-class males have different rights. Plus straight white middle-class males have a harder time getting into college, scholarships, ect.

In a country where innocent children are slaughtered for no reason, yes, I am pretty sure we are lying when we say we're for equal rights.

This is just a stupid post dude..

@loveyoualattexx You're stupid, dude..

not really. this is just stupid because the poster got the stuff wrong. so it's pointless.

Look on the bright side. America is getting better. It used to be only straight rich white guys that had equal rights

I'm conflicted between saying that anti-gay laws are unfair, and saying abortions shouldn't be allowed

Actually, a woman in America can get an abortion at any stage for virtually any reason. Obama even pushed through partial-birth abortions. And, gays can get married in many states, including the one I'm from. So, it is factually incorrect, not even getting into the philosophy.

@TimMilazzo Actually, a woman in America can get an abortion at any stage for virtually any reason. Obama even pushed through...

Many states? What. It's only like a handful out of 50 states that actually grant gay marriages. What are you talking about?

The only problem with the post is "at any stage". In the third trimester "the state can choose to restrict or proscribe abortion as it sees fit". (Roe vs. Wade) But the post is still incorrect.

@551442

So if a man and a woman marry, and can't afford or the woman isn't healthy enough to have a baby without killing her or it, she should still be "punished"?
They should be allowed to marry, or at least have a "union". There's no reason other than religious morals not to (and religion isn't even supposed to interfere with law)
PS. "queers" as you so put it, can't "shed their blood" without being shunned from the army for being who they are. And what are they supposed to do? wage war against the government and shed blood for their rights? Learn a little acceptance.

Taters avatar Tater Yeah You Are +5Reply
@Tater So if a man and a woman marry, and can't afford or the woman isn't healthy enough to have a baby without killing...

I think almost any doctor would let a woman get an abortion if her life was in danger. Though I am quite confident that I would not kill my own baby to try to save my own life, I can't really condemn someone for doing it. If's different if she just decides she doesn't want the baby.

And I don't think the innocent unborn baby should be "punished" for a mistake the parents made. Would you have wanted your parents to abort you? Keep in mind that you would have already been able to feel pain at this point.

@I think almost any doctor would let a woman get an abortion if her life was in danger. Though I am quite confident...

True. I wouldn't like that. However, honestly, I think it would be a wasted effort if there was a high chance of me dying before the baby would be able to survive outside of my body or causing very bad complications for me and the baby. Early abortions I'm for, late-term I'm against.
It's a difficult subject.

Taters avatar Tater Yeah You Are +2Reply
@Tater True. I wouldn't like that. However, honestly, I think it would be a wasted effort if there was a high chance of me...

You're either for or against abortions, saying you're only for early abortions is like saying you think people should be able to take someone in a coma off life support when they KNOW that person will get better, they just don't want to bother. And they're the ones who put said person in the coma.

@You're either for or against abortions, saying you're only for early abortions is like saying you think people...

No, that's entirely different. Late term is how you are saying, early is not. Early is okay (in some circumstances),its like the race is about to start, lets quit because I know I can't handle this. Late is like, okay this is the last stretch of the race, let's just drop out even though I'm doing fine. That's why I'm for early and against late. You can have an in-between opinion.

Taters avatar Tater Yeah You Are 0Reply
@551442

What the FUCK is wrong with you??? It is brain dead morons like you who deserve to be left on a different planet. You are a homophobic asshole. The baby can't love his life because it's not a fucking baby, are you insane?? Holy shit I really cannot believe you said that.

@551442

Too bad your mom didn't abort YOU...

@551442

Please go play in traffic. Immediately. It's people like you that make the United States a shit place to be.

Xiofang WOW homophhobe much? And what if its not the womans fault that she is pregnant? What if she got raped and she cant afford a child? What if the condom broke? What if? What if what if? Your just being an ignorant douche.

@Xiofang WOW homophhobe much? And what if its not the womans fault that she is pregnant? What if she got raped and...

did you not read my words? life is never completely fair. sometimes someone innocent gets the short end of the stick. sometimes when the majority of people look down on a certain lifestyle like homosexuality, they will prevail over what they want. Raising a baby isnt the end of the world for that person. but it is the end of the world for the baby if he/she gets aborted. I never get mad at someone who gives me their opinion on something. i get mad at people who provoke subjects without giving any reasonings as to why they are talking.

GAY PEOPLE CAN GET MARRIED. A gay man can get married to a woman just like a straight man can. America isn't discriminating against gays, they just aren't making any exceptions.

@mallsmith GAY PEOPLE CAN GET MARRIED. A gay man can get married to a woman just like a straight man can. America isn't...

Gay people can't marry people of the same sex is obviously what was meant dumbass. And yes they ARE completely discriminating against gays, what planet are you on?

hmm. the funny thing is... if you just would remove the sarcastic crap from this post, it makes sense. good job america. gay marriage is wrong, as is abortion!

@youreXallXcrazy And you're an idiot

This whole post is an opinion, and so is my response! You believe that it should be legal, and I believe it's wrong...

@dive_kt96 This whole post is an opinion, and so is my response! You believe that it should be legal, and I believe it's wrong...

You said "gay marriage is wrong" instead of saying "i think gay marriage is wrong" which would've been an opinion.

@youreXallXcrazy You said "gay marriage is wrong" instead of saying "i think gay marriage is wrong" which would've been an opinion.

well this website is a place to post opinions, and seeing as i took a strong position, that would, of course, be an opinion. Also, if you'd like to comment on the ethicality of gay marriage, please do so instead of criticizing my wording.

@dive_kt96 well this website is a place to post opinions, and seeing as i took a strong position, that would, of course, be an...

Fine, can I just say that, I understand it's your opinion, but i do not agree with your opinion. I think your opinion is the reason America is so silly. Everyone always says "I want world peace" well, in order for that to happen, we need equal rights. So I want equal rights.

@loveyoualattexx Fine, can I just say that, I understand it's your opinion, but i do not agree with your opinion. I think your...

I have to agree with Otters on this one. America should be a place where people aren't afraid to voice their opinions. I think balanced, honest views can help regulate and stabilize society.

@Amiwrite I have to agree with Otters on this one. America should be a place where people aren't afraid to voice their...

thank you. and i certainly don't hate gays as people. I just don't support that particular sin.

@dive_kt96 thank you. and i certainly don't hate gays as people. I just don't support that particular sin.

Tell me, do you think they choose to be that way? You think people would choose to be ridiculed constantly by people like you? It's not a sin, and if it was then "God" wouldn't have made them that way.

@youreXallXcrazy Tell me, do you think they choose to be that way? You think people would choose to be ridiculed constantly by...

I don't ridicule gays. I have a friend who is gay, and i don't hate him or tease him. i disapprove of homosexuality, not homosexuals as people.
as for god, I think he gives people feelings and they choose what to do with them. Suppose, for the sake of supposition, that it wasn't a choice. neither, apparently, is pedophilia. And by taking this strong viewpoint, i'm making myself target to lots of hate (similar to gays who are hated.) but i CHOOSE to. it's my choice.

@youreXallXcrazy And you're an idiot

or maybe she's just stating her opinion, which, by the way, i agree with.

@Amiwrite or maybe she's just stating her opinion, which, by the way, i agree with.

Hes not stating an opinion, he's stating a fact. And that fact is actually incorrect.

I as so sad that SamG beat me to the comment of the stupidity of this post

Actuaally gays can get married and women can get abortions its just shunned here. No ones stopping you, they're just giving you a lot of shit about it. Plus Your statement states those two things then says , " Great job america! , Amirite?" so yes you are because amercia did do great.

Oh and to the people who think abortions are ok. Why dont you go back in time and tell your mom to get an abortion if you werent a baby back then. hm? why wouldnt you do that? cause you wouldnt fucking exist now. think of all the people who would be alive right now if women werent so selfish and got abortions.

You're an idiot...factually anyways,
Women can get abortions in every state and faggots can get married in some states. They're both frowned upon though.