Education
6 17

i agree with you 100%, but saying "all you junior high/high school kids" is a little undermining. we get this image that says we are slackers and barley know what a book is, when i and a lot of other people i know love reading. so yeah, though i agree that reading is being lost, it is not lost on everyone.

froyocharlies avatar froyocharlie Yeah You Are +5Reply
@froyocharlie i agree with you 100%, but saying "all you junior high/high school kids" is a little undermining. we get this image...

I hate to say this, but you probably should have used capitalization considering you were trying to defend you English skills...

LaurenZies avatar LaurenZie Yeah You Are +5Reply
@LaurenZie I hate to say this, but you probably should have used capitalization considering you were trying to defend you...

im not that picky when i'm commenting on something not very important. i know that it is a little hypocritical, but it doesn't matter so much to me online. considering it's not important

froyocharlies avatar froyocharlie Yeah You Are +3Reply
@froyocharlie im not that picky when i'm commenting on something not very important. i know that it is a little hypocritical...

Okay. I never meant for it to sound rude, just so you know. Sorry if it came off that way.

LaurenZies avatar LaurenZie Yeah You Are 0Reply
@LaurenZie Okay. I never meant for it to sound rude, just so you know. Sorry if it came off that way.

@878481 (LaurenZie): i totally understand, dont worry. i see how you could have perceived it.

froyocharlies avatar froyocharlie Yeah You Are 0Reply

I read just about every single day.

@MusicIsMySavior I read just about every single day.

Congratulations. However, not everyone does. Hence the grammar problems

meex2016s avatar meex2016 Yeah You Are -2Reply

Agreed. I was laughed at and called a bookworm in primary school because I read all the time. The tables turned when I got good marks in English tests and they failed.

Run on sentence? Or capital not used after a period? Nice op.

@el_scorcho Run on sentence? Or capital not used after a period? Nice op.

After a series of ellipses you don't need a capital letter. Not that I recall at any rate.

Yes, but then you get to the point where you notice mistakes in books, and they drive you insane.

Obviously, if you don't have a spelling/grammar problem, I wasn't talking to you. Unfortunately, the representative group from the grade school age on this site does, for the most part.

I made a post similar to this before, but there were a lot more no ways.

Reading is actually so important. I've always been good at English/ spelling/punctuation. I started reading chapter books when I was five and read avidly for years. When I was about nine I stopped reading for a few years, but when I was thirteen I started reading heaps again. My grades went up so, so much after I started reading again. It is actually so important.

"Real" books? What? I was not aware that there are some books which are not "real books." Are we going into the philosophy of reading?!

who says we don't ? we're just as smart as your generation.

Anonymous