+1,366

Regardless of your religion, beliefs, or anything else, you can't help but be disgusted that this pastor in Florida wants to host "International Burn A Quran Day" on 9/11, amirite?

20 78

to all atheists and people with religions other than christianity:
please, do not judge all christians on this sick man

I really wished this post wouldn't get any no way votes...

fuckingloveyous avatar fuckingloveyou Yeah You Are +19Reply

Why are some Americans so ignorant? Do we call every German a Nazi? Why should we assume just because someone is Muslim that he/she is a terrorist? I know many kind and wonderful people that are Muslim/Islamic, and honestly, I think they are way more intelligent than some white people I know. It's pretty pathetic to generalize or stereotype if you ask me, because it just shows how uneducated you are. I'm Catholic, and what that Pastor is planning to do breaks my heart. Yet another reason people will have to bash on us Christians. So yeah, I think this whole situation is pretty effed up. Actually, it's REALLY effed up.

NotACommunists avatar NotACommunist Yeah You Are +19Reply
@NotACommunist Why are some Americans so ignorant? Do we call every German a Nazi? Why should we assume just because someone is...

Technically speaking, saying that more of the Muslims you know are smarter than the whites is stereotyping them.

@Shadi Technically speaking, saying that more of the Muslims you know are smarter than the whites is stereotyping them.

(Chauncy Pickles): No, believe it or not, I'm talking about the people I've met are kinder and more intelligent than some white people I KNOW. So technically speaking, I didn't stereotype anyone.

NotACommunists avatar NotACommunist Yeah You Are 0Reply
@NotACommunist (Chauncy Pickles): No, believe it or not, I'm talking about the people I've met are kinder and more intelligent...

Maybe it's just me then. My parents are Palestinean Muslims, and alot of my cousins are either quiet background people who do what they can to get by or really obnoxious recluses who don't make education a priority. That could just be my family, but I find as the latter get older that they seem to develop even worse habits.

@Shadi Maybe it's just me then. My parents are Palestinean Muslims, and alot of my cousins are either quiet background...

(Chauncy Pickles): You see? I don't mean that ALL Muslims are amazing people. There are bad Christian people, there are good Christian people, just like there are bad Muslim people and good Muslim people. I never thought attitude or the way a person acts really had anything to do with race. If that's the way your cousins were taught, then I doubt it had anything to do with the fact that they were born Muslim.

It's ridiculous. Because of what a small majority of people did, 9 years ago, he wants to burn their version of the Bible? That's terrible and disrespectful on so many levels.

MusicIsMySaviors avatar MusicIsMySavior Yeah You Are +18Reply

Yes I'm Muslim and am veeeery amricanized (since my great great grandma we've live here) so it makes me feel awkward to tell people I'm Muslim because the first thing they think is 'ahhhhhh terrorist' it's really hurtful ):

@Yes I'm Muslim and am veeeery amricanized (since my great great grandma we've live here) so it makes me feel...

Oh and btw me and my family are disgusted with the twisted people that did 9/11, so it hurts more to know people blame the whole race ):

Ugh same here, whenever I tell someone I'm half Iranian their like "What your half terrorist?!" It's so stupid.

My whole point is that Hitler blamed all Jews for them losing in WW1. Some people are doing something similar things but with 9/11 and Muslims. It's rediculous and makes the whole country look crazy and mean. On behalf of the sane americans (you must no a lot considering you grew up here) I'm sorry.

He took it way to far.

Ohaaais avatar Ohaaai Yeah You Are +15Reply

he makes me regret being a floridian

@553790

same!! i would never do that, but im from fl!

Evanhaubners avatar Evanhaubner Yeah You Are 0Reply

Hahahah I'm sorry, but the ad underneath this post is "singlemuslim.com"

LittleMexicos avatar LittleMexico Yeah You Are +14Reply

I think that even the fact that he'd think to take a day of mourning and remembrance(even I lost a friend in 9/11) and turn it into a day of such hatred is just sick and not at all respectful to those who died.

I don't care of what faith, background or whatever, buring a book is just a sign of ignorance.

People like him keeps giving Americans a bad name,despite the fact that I'm not muslim,burning something that's very important to them is plain heartless.

Deathbubbles avatar Deathbubble Yeah You Are +10Reply

it's absolutely incompetent what that guy was planning. and just plain awful.

iammandas avatar iammanda Yeah You Are +7Reply

Who the fuck NW'd this?

dont give him props for calling it off because he's just calling it off cuz hes afraid of all the death threats and shit. not cause hes changing his opinions or whatever. what a dick..

I hope everyone who no way'd this ends up on a bus together, driven by Bill O'Reilly and navigated by Ann Coulter, and that this merry little wagon of hatred and prejudice should find it's way up and into a live volcano.

420Grrl +5Reply
@I hope everyone who no way'd this ends up on a bus together, driven by Bill O'Reilly and navigated by Ann Coulter...

That's rude. No one should have death wished upon them, no matter what their beliefs may be. In time, all justice will be served.

wow no no ways :D its a record!!

i read ( on yahoo ) that he is reconsidering it now , but he is trying to bargain or something about the mosque ...? to me , it is unbelievably stupid & so disrespectful , giving his entire religion a bad name , disrespecting his god ( because i dont believe in a god ) , & yet providing the world the rest of the world with more reasons to hate us . & YES , they will hate ALL of the u.s. instead of the minority of radicals who oppose them , same as how some of our people hate all of them instead of just the radicals . the world is in a completely messed up state right now ):

He called it off, by the way

chris9s avatar chris9 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@chris9 He called it off, by the way

If that is true I will be SO happy.
I'm a floridian and would HATE to be compared to him.

I'ts aweful to do that. I don't agree with the Muslim religion, but that doesn't mean you should hurt it's people by burning something that's so important to them. I'd take it personally. I'd die a little inside if someone hated me that much.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are +2Reply
@what do you mean you don't agree with the religion?

I mean, I'm not a muslim and I disagree with their beliefs and practices.

fangirl12s avatar fangirl12 Yeah You Are -1Reply

Troggy: Stop trolling

The Muslim themselves didn't to the terrorist attack, it was the radical Muslims that did it. Average Muslims hate the radical's since they give most Muslims a bad name.

I've had a best friend that was Muslim and she was the nicest person you'll ever know! she wouldn't even hurt a fly.

But of course all religions have there crazyies.

That pastor has no right to burn there holy book just because of one radical groups attack, its wrong, and I hope he loses his job

lol i have a current events due for this thx everyone for their ideas and perspectives : D

TalkingRices avatar TalkingRice Yeah You Are 0Reply

It's not right to build a mosque near ground zero nor is it right to burn a stack of freaking Qu'rans.

@Yadayeda It's not right to build a mosque near ground zero nor is it right to burn a stack of freaking Qu'rans.

Why is it not right to build a mosque near ground zero? It's just a place to hold religious services; it shouldn't matter whether the mosque is built next to ground zero or next to a McDonald's on the other side of the country. That is like saying it is wrong to build a church or temple next to ground zero, although I am not saying the construction of churches or temples there is necessarily right either. Not to put all Christians into one general category, but they would be more likely to use ground zero to fuel hatred of Islamic Americans and Muslims in general. The mosque is not directly linked to Al-Qaeda just like the church is not directly linked to the Klu Klux Klan. America is supposed to be a place where it's citizens don't have to worry being attacked or harassed about their opinions and beliefs.

yah I'm against the whole mosque thing but i think this way of handling beliefs/feelings is really screwed up.

I'd burn a Qu'ran any day but this one...

@ChosenToLead I'd burn a Qu'ran any day but this one...

How does the day make any difference? I wouldn't burn a holy book any day, no matter what religion it was for.

@ChosenToLead kidding.

That sir is the world's worst joke. sol

@Shadi That sir is the world's worst joke. sol

(Chauncy Pickles): I was kidding not joking.

@ChosenToLead (Chauncy Pickles): I was kidding not joking.

Well I am not going to say that was the worst kid because that wouldn't make sense. What should I say?

@ChosenToLead (Chauncy Pickles): the truth.

That sir is the worst the truth ever. sol*

@Shadi That sir is the worst the truth ever. sol*

(Chauncy Pickles): eh, I actually meant for you to say the truth.

@ChosenToLead (Chauncy Pickles): eh, I actually meant for you to say the truth.

Oh. Okay. How's this: the three major monotheistic religions, Judaism, Christianity, and Islam, all began in the Middle East.

@Shadi The Christians will be pleased to here that.

(Chauncy Pickles): hear*

anyway, Christianity and is a descriptive word for the relationship between god and man.

@ChosenToLead (Chauncy Pickles): hear* anyway, Christianity and is a descriptive word for the relationship between god and man.

No, when I said "Christianity" I was referring to the religion. That might be a more general description, or it might just be the description found in the glossary of a Bible just to show that they think all other religions are encompassed by the Christianity bubble.

What was the and for?

I accept every, single person for who they are and what they believe, but this whole "Muslims taking over the world" things scares me shitless.

islam sucks and allah is pigshit

@Troggy islam sucks and allah is pigshit

Uhm ok I don't read the quran or pray but its nit really yours to say. You should be more respectful when you don't even know that its only the 2% or fucked up muslimsthat are ruining it for the rest of them

@i meant two percent OF fucked up

Where did you find the statistic that said 2% of all Muslims are terrorists?

well 'allah' means god, so you're no really insulting muslims- you're insulting anyone who has a religion. also, you look super ignorant right now.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +2Reply

wtf is a Quran?

@553762

Oh thank goodness for that. I thought it was a specific religion and that he was going to burn someone from that religion.

Kaitlyns avatar Kaitlyn Yeah You Are +5Reply