+127

Guys shouldn't have to open doors for women. If women insist on having their own professional basketball league, then they can open their own doors. Honestly, they're not that heavy, amirite?

Barney_Stinsons avatar
6 55
The voters have decided that Barney_Stinson is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

I've never met a woman who insisted that a man open a door for her. It's nice when they do but we are more than capable and willing to open them ourselves.

@Red I've never met a woman who insisted that a man open a door for her. It's nice when they do but we are more than...

Yeah. Goodness, it's just a nice thing! It doesn't mean we think we can't open doors. That's retarded. I think it's great when a guy opens the door for me. I don't think they are being sexist or anything.

I've never associated opening a door with gender. I've always associated it with common courtesy.

@KickAss Well FUCK YOU little Miss Courteous

That honestly made me laugh. What do you think is wrong with courtesy?

@KickAss The Grammar Nazi*

'amirite.net' doesn't allow spaces in their names. Also, the underscore is a very acceptable version of a space. So, you're not really correcting anything.

Rest In Peace Chivalry..

Have fun being a virgin op, it's going to last while.

@Zeralius Have fun being a virgin op, it's going to last while.

Barney Stinson is one of five main characters on the CBS television series How I Met Your Mother. As opposed to his best friend, Ted Mosby, who wants to settle down, Stinson is an unabashed womanizer, and has a plethora of strategies and rules designed to meet women, sleep with them, and discard them.

...What? I don't insist guys open doors for me. I don't insist anyone does. But it's polite to do so. I try to hold doors open for people. And what does this have to do with basketball? -.-

chivalry anyone...? It's not just guys who should hold open doors either, I'm a girl and I always hold open doors for people and so do most girls I know.

How dare you door managers sit uponst the trees! Your minions will forever roast onion potatoes and watch dinner plates melt.

Not every girl wants to play basketball. Don't judge all of us because of that. It's common courtesy, and a good way to show your respect.

Just be polite and open it for the person behind you. It's not that big of a deal.

i never understood that shit (although i've never actually met anyone who did that). like, you're bitching about how men and women are equal yet men 'have' to pay for everything and do stuff like open doors and pull out chairs? it doesn't make sense.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are +2Reply
@rowanne i never understood that shit (although i've never actually met anyone who did that). like, you're bitching about...

We don't 'have' to, we could let you girls pay for our shit, but we don't. It's just the polite thing to do. Maybe YOU could learn to appreciate that.

@The_Grammar_Fuhrer We don't 'have' to, we could let you girls pay for our shit, but we don't. It's just the polite thing to do. Maybe...

this was actually directed towards girls of a certain mentality. but alright?

sidenote: i've never let a guy pay for everything on a date nor expected him to do 'gentlemanly' things. so don't give me that 'you girls' shit because not everyone in the world is the same.

rowannes avatar rowanne Yeah You Are 0Reply

Its about manners tho, not about strength and stuff like that

....The idea isn't that women are incapable of opening doors. It's just polite. You know I can open a door, and I know I can open a door. If you weren't around, I would open it myself.

it's not that women insist on it, it's just a common courtesy, as someone above said. it's an act of chivalry. if guys want to open doors for women, that's fine. it's just a tradition, no need to get all upset.

when guys open doors for girls, its just because its polite and very gentleman-like. Its not that we cant open them ourselves, its just a nice thing to do.

They are two different things. We want to have equal rights, but opening the doors is just being a gentleman

ono smilie
I'm amazed that no one in the comment section got that he wasn't being serious.

@Rene_Magritte I'm amazed that no one in the comment section got that he wasn't being serious.

@664278 (Rene_Magritte): Troll posts need to be more obvious. They can't be vaguely trolling.

@Rene_Magritte It isn't a troll post, it's a joke post, there's a difference.

There's not a huge difference... But yes, there is a difference. It's still pretty much a troll post.

Fail. Like someone above me said, it's just being polite. And in the case of a woman it's this thing called chivalry. Women dig it :)

Last time I checked not all women participate in the WNBA.

Elmo7s avatar Elmo7 Yeah You Are 0Reply

Idiots. This is a joke. Calm yourselves.

If it's an old school door it is super heavy. And when I went on dates (I'm married now) and the guy doesn't open the door then it shows he doesn't care enough to be polite. My husband opens the door for me and I open it for him. It's being respectful.

I totally meant to Yeah You Are! this one but i clicked the wrong button. I just have one thing to say though. Feminists have a movement already, its happens once a month, so why do they need another one?