-154

The idea of building a Mosque near Ground Zero is equivalent to us building an Atomic Bomb Museum in Hiroshima, Japan. amirite?

OptimusPrime69s avatar
1 79
The voters have decided that OptimusPrime69 is wrong! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.
@562063

how did you do the =/= character? also has hiroshima even been rebuilt?

@562063

@Viking: Very True

@Original Post: That's much like saying all Americans are Nazis. You cannot generalize an entire nation/religion for the acts of a radical group within it.

@shannonnn Don't you mean Germans...? Pretty sure the Nazis weren't American.

If you want to get technical, yes it would be more sound to say Germans. But there are an abundant of skinhead racist here too...

some americans are Nazi's or "skin heads" which is usually the same thing

@562072

You are not what I'm getting at...

@OptimusPrime69 You are not what I'm getting at...

You are not UNDERSTANDING* what I'm getting at.

Sorry.

@OptimusPrime69 You are not UNDERSTANDING* what I'm getting at. Sorry.

These terrorists happened to be muslims with messed up values. They used that religion as an excuse to cover up their messed up needs to kill innocent people. That doesn't mean other muslims believe that and have to suffer from the actions a minority carried out.
If the terrorists did it in the name of Christianity they wouldn't be labelled extreme Christians but as a group of 'sick' people. It just happens that the media is portraying any muslim terrorists' ideas to stem from 'islam'. So you really need to get your facts right.

The religion didn't cause 9/11.
Screwed up terrorists caused 9/11.

@blackroses523 The religion didn't cause 9/11. Screwed up terrorists caused 9/11.

Yes............I know. It was NOT the religion that messed it up.....it was the nationality. Muslim is not a religion....Islamic is. I didn't exactly say Islamic. But the Al-Qaeda (is a group whom are Muslims...and the person) believe that terrorism is the way to live. The terrorists who hijacked the planes were indeed Muslims (ALTHOUGH THAT'S NOT MY POINT)

Everyone just assumed I thought it was ALL ABOUT THE religion...although that's not what I said, thought, nor meant for people to think this.

@OptimusPrime69 Yes............I know. It was NOT the religion that messed it up.....it was the nationality. Muslim is not a...

i dont mean to offend....well actually thats a lie, i do: with respect you totally loose this debate. You conceed that not all muslims are not terrorists (thankfully) but you contradict yourself. In America (im from NZ) there have been a few school attacks, correct? now one of those attacks from two students were christians. Now in the aftermath a church was built near the school. Do you see where im going with this? Ok so that situation is exactly the same. Both are indeed tragic but in one case a church was ok and in another it supposidly isnt. You see that same respect and tolerance is not extended by people like you to muslims.
Have I gone slow enough for you?

@i dont mean to offend....well actually thats a lie, i do: with respect you totally loose this debate. You conceed...

yes, but there was also a huge argument over that too, because people thought it was disrespectful

redsoxgirlie95s avatar redsoxgirlie95 Yeah You Are 0Reply

@OptimusPrime: It's Islam, not Islamic. Like I said in a pervious post, go read a book. And Islam is not a nationality, either, smart one. It's a religion. And no, it was not responsible for 9-11.

the nationality? so now your saying that all Saudi Arabians are terrorists? And they don't believe that it is the way to live, they believe that it is their duty to kill the "infidel" (AKA, the western world) and earn their place in heaven. This is an extremist view though, and not the actually basis of the Islamic religion.

what exactly is your point then? if your point isn't that all muslims are terrorist, but they shouldnt be able to build a Mosque there because some terrorists who happened to be Islamic Saudies killed a couple thousand people?

I'm sorry. When did America decide to abolish freedom of religion? Not all Muslims are terrorists. If the terrorists who destroyed the twin towers were Catholic should we say that we shouldn't allow a cathedral to be built near there?

@Brianne I'm sorry. When did America decide to abolish freedom of religion? Not all Muslims are terrorists. If the...

Ok, I JUST said I do not think all Muslims are terrorists, You obviously do not understand this situation, you aren't even reading the comments above where i CLEARLY stated I do not believe this.

@OptimusPrime69 Ok, I JUST said I do not think all Muslims are terrorists, You obviously do not understand this situation, you...

I was writing that before you made your post. Regardless, if you don't believe that every Muslim is a terrorist then you're contradicting your post.

Oh boy another one of these. First of all, it's not a mosque, it's a community center. Second of all, plans for building this were set in place before 9/11. Third of all, stop listening to your crazy parents. If we stop them from building this center, what does that even prove? That we, as Americans, can't overcome what has happened? We have freedom in our country for a reason, and the center is in no way "celebrating" or glorifying what happened that day. It was horrific. However to deny them the right to build a COMMUNITY CENTER is ignorant. We commemorate those who lost their lives every year. It's just shocking how people think that building this center is an insult to the memory of those lost, as if the builders had something to do with 9/11. No, they didn't. And the only connection left is that there are Muslim aspects in the community center. So there's no way to get around the fact that to not want this center being built is suggesting you have contempt for Muslims.

Islam ≠ terrorist organization. Muslims did not attack the United States on 9/11, political extremists who just happen to be Muslim did.

They are NOT building a mosque, they are building a community center, which is replacing a location that was ALREADY IN USE FOR MUSLIM WORSHIP.

The plans for the community center include a 500-seat auditorium, theater, a performing arts center, a fitness center, a swimming pool, a basketball court, a childcare area, a bookstore, a culinary school, an art studio, a food court, and a MEMORIAL TO THE VICTIMS OF THE SEPTEMBER 11 ATTACKS.

The fact that 125 people agree with you is discerning.

no, that would be building a plane crash museum near ground zero. islam is not a weapon.

This is stupid. At first I was against the Ground Zero Mosque, but then I saw that it wasn't even very close to the site. And your Hiroshima Japan analogy just doesn't make much sense to be honest.

Let's clear some common misconceptions in this argument up.

Firstly, I would just like to state that despite being Australian I hold a view in this debate, which is support for the building of a community centre involving some Muslim aspects near Ground Zero.

However, it is worth pointing that 9/11 was partially spurred by religion. Osama bin Laden holds a hate for all Western influence and believes that by expelling this influence he is doing the work of Allah. Part of Islam is about achieving a spiritual paradise after death which is what the suicide bombers believedand were promised. The political conflict between the two countries was another CONTRIBUTING factor, yet it was the interplay of these factors which created conflict.

However, the Taliban are an extremist Islamic religious group. This means that we are unable to generalize that all Muslims are terrorists. That would be similar (although obviously not on the same level) as saying all Christians hate homosexuals, Har...

First im not sure if its a mosque or a community center.if its a mosque then what your dont understand is that its a sign of respect. they're praying on the victims' soles. And if its a community center they probably will have a place to pray there too and there shouldnt be anything wrong with that

Second i am muslim and i really appreciate your support ( for the people who are against this statement)
And for the people who think all muslims are terrorists are the muslim kids terrorists too ?
Do you think all we do is sit around thinking of ways to bomb/kill people

The stupid people who caused 9/11 and all the other tragic incidents are anything but muslims.
what they did goes against EVERYTHING in islam
you would know that if you educated yourselves before jumping to conclusions!

I think it would be more equivalent if you built a mcdonald there.

Someones a prejudice moron, amirite?

@I_Hate_Underscores I <3 trolls.

.>
Just because someone has an opinion doesn't mean they're a troll.
It's just like saying a homophobic is a troll.

Oh, and BTW this is pretty much the same as saying that a church shouldn't be built where a religious cult has killed hundreds of people.
I highly doubt you have ANY knowledge of the Islamic religions other than what you google or hear on the news that are paid to stir up hate. Islamic religion is strikingly similar to Catholism and even features some of the same characters.
Also, the religion has NOTHING to do with terrorism. At ALL. Its about becoming a better person and enlightening oneself.
On a side note, this would be the equivalent of America building a CHURCH at Hiroshima, not a bomb factory. Your mixing religions with politics which will only result in more intelligent people so angry at your sheer ignorance that they feel the need to bash you VIA Internet. So my advice would be to delete this and go talk to your history and religions teacher, as I hope your still in grade school.

Homophobic***

O.o that past anon should not be confused with the one above it. Second one was from a GA teenage girl who was raised in the most prejudice part of the USA you can find, besides optimusprime9's house.

http://www.cracked.com/blog/3-r...akes-no-sense/

I looked it up after i read all these comments and this link lists many reasons why this statment is completely untrue!

Yo, geniuses:
The people who carried out 9/11 are thr Taliban. Yes, they were Muslim (Which IS the same as Islamic), but they are an extremist cult of uneducated people who have been told by an insane leader who WAS educated (in the U.S., in fact) that America is bad. It has nothing to do with religion beyond the fact that Bin Laden applied to the horny nature of young men by saying they'd finally get laid in the afterlife if they did this. American Muslims were just as shocked and devastated by the attack.

P.S. There is an atomic bomb museum in Hiroshima. Know your facts before you go trolling.

Did anyone else notice that every time OptimusPrime69 was asked a question, they never really answered it, but danced around it and repeated something irrelevant?

I realize I'm late in replying, but that's like saying that all Americans supported the dropping of the atomic bombs.

I'm not making fun of terrorism. I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists, and this really is upsetting when I make a post like this and then every one assumes I think this.

I'm JUST saying, it's quite hypocritical.

@562114

So you are saying it's perfectly fine to build a Mosque at Ground Zero.

You are obviously not an American, or a very understanding Patriotic American. You obviously don't understand the tragedy of 9/11.

@OptimusPrime69 So you are saying it's perfectly fine to build a Mosque at Ground Zero. You are obviously not an American, or a...

Its not just a Mosque they wanted to build..they wanted to build something similar to a community center just that it happened to hold a mosque inside. They said it was open for all people, they are not just saying for muslims. I believe it is a good idea for people to be less ignorant.

@562083

Ok, so, you are saying it's NOT hypocritical that people built a Mosque near Ground Zero??

Why AT ground zero?? Why couldn't they build it anywhere else?

I'm saying it's hypocritical because they made a Mosque near a terrorist-related-site. I am NOT, however, saying ALL Muslims are terrorists. Please understand this.

@OptimusPrime69 I'm not making fun of terrorism. I'm not saying all Muslims are terrorists, and this really is upsetting when I...

its not hypocritical. its dumb, but not hypocritical. im with you that they could have chosen a different location but i think thet they have the right to put it there so im against anyone who wants to take away that right.

I'm sorry, was anyone else getting a chuckle out of the fact that "Optimus Prime" and "BumbleBree" were arguing?

I posted this 2 months before you. I posted it because I saw it on the news and I thought it would be good to put up on here.

There shouldn't be a problem then, since not all American's are against Japan, amirite?

adams avatar adam Yeah You Are -2Reply

You people are retarded and obviously don't understand what the are trying to say.

@You people are retarded and obviously don't understand what the are trying to say.

Actually, if you think about it, his post doesn't really make sense. If we really wanted to parallel the situation, we should be building a Christian church in Hiroshima. It's about the religion.

@Brianne Actually, if you think about it, his post doesn't really make sense. If we really wanted to parallel the situation...

You are not understanding what they are getting at. It's not about the freaking religion!!!!!!!!!

@You are not understanding what they are getting at. It's not about the freaking religion!!!!!!!!!

Yes, it is. Those terrorists just happened to practice Islam. America still has freedom of religion yet we won't allow a mosque to be built near Ground Zero because of the terrorists' RELIGION.

@Brianne Yes, it is. Those terrorists just happened to practice Islam. America still has freedom of religion yet we won't...

They put the freaking Mosque near Ground Zero to prove they can do whatever the hell they want. It IS hypocritical, and they are not Americans, so they really cant do whatever they want (in terms of "freedom")

ONCE AGAIN...OP IS NOT SAYING THAT ALL MUSLIMS ARE TERRORISTS.

@OptimusPrime69 They put the freaking Mosque near Ground Zero to prove they can do whatever the hell they want. It IS hypocritical...

If we did go through with building the mosque, though, it would show that we really do have freedom of religion and that we do not discriminate. Once again, let me emphasis FREEDOM. OF. RELIGION.

And if you really believe what you posted, then there should be absolutely no Christian churches in Germany. Hitler was a Christian. Should we discriminate against the entire religion because of a few assholes who fucked it up for everyone else? Can you possibly imagine how ashamed and embarrassed some Muslims might be feeling, today of all days? You can't even imagine how much shame they must feel.

And for them to be discriminated against in their own country. Why don't we start taking away their shops and businesses? Then let's take away their homes and move them all to one area because we shouldn't have to live in the same area as them. Hell, why should they should even deserve to live at all? Let's just ship them off to fucking concentration camps.

@Brianne If we did go through with building the mosque, though, it would show that we really do have freedom of religion and...

You. are. freaking. RETARDED.

Tomorrow, I'm going to fly a plane into your house, and then, then next day, I'm going to build a Plane Assemble Factory right across the street from where your house was. ALL BECAUSE I can do whatever I want because it's a free country.

Now, doesn't this sound wrong and hypocritical??

Yes.

And, once again, let me emphasize:
NOT. ALL. FREAKING. MUSLIMS. ARE. TERRORISTS.

God, you are freaking stupid!!
I'm not saying we should take away their rights, and everything you stated above. That's just stupid and wrong. You are over thinking this whole thing, and are putting words into my mouth that I haven't said nor thought of.

@OptimusPrime69 You. are. freaking. RETARDED. Tomorrow, I'm going to fly a plane into your house, and then, then next day, I'm...

To be honest, I just laughed my entire way through that.

To reiterate my point, you completely contradict your post by saying not all Muslims are terrorists. Religion had absolutely nothing to do with the 9/11 attack. It was about politics. Now, if they built a Kamikaze school next to Ground Zero, yes that would be in extremely poor taste. But simply because the terrorists happened to practice Islam does not mean the mosque should not be built.

Aaaannnd I'm done talking to you because you just piss me off. Have a wonderful life.

@Brianne To be honest, I just laughed my entire way through that. To reiterate my point, you completely contradict your...

All I'm saying is that they can build a Mosque, just, in respect of the 9/11 attack, then move the location. That would settle this whole argument

@Brianne How far away is good enough, then?

when the leader of the mosque REFUSES to provide the Government with the documentation that shows where the funds are coming from to build the mosque it does raise concern. Not to mention that to build it at OR near Ground Zero is in poor taste and that another site for construction was offered and REFUSED!! It also makes one wonder.... The Religion itself is not what is in question BUT what is in question is the REASON BEHIND THE DESIRE to build at Ground Zero. The Mosque can be built ANYWHERE WHY THERE!!!!!!

Boom Shaka Laka, point proven....epic win.

@OptimusPrime69 Boom Shaka Laka, point proven....epic win.

You shouldn't be allowed to say that on the internet/anywhere.

MAYBE

The government is agreeing to allow the mosque to be built near ground zero, to invoke more hate towards muslims/islam. Obviously the people in charge of approving it know there may be negative feedback, but want people to 'hate' islam, muslims, mosques in general. This has never been about just the mosque. But ongoing hate against religions such as this one.

JUST A THEORY.

im pretty sure if you flew a plan in to someones house, you would either be dead (most likely) or if you somehow managed to survive, you would be arrested for first degree murder and domestic terrorism. so obviously you cant do whatever you want, but every human being is entitled to basic rights and freedoms, what is the American dream again? Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness? Last i checked, that applied to everyone, not just "white, American born suburban rats".So saying that the Muslims wanting to build a Mosque IN AMERICA aren't American is probably the dumbest thing ive ever seen

as an impartial reader of the comments: OP you are being wasted in this debate. Resorting to insults just proves it.

BUT YOU ARE ACTING LIKE A RACIST SAYING THAT JUST BECAUSE THEY ARE MUSLIM THEY CAN NOT BE AN AMERICAN! man i hope the future gets better because people are....

Ill say all muslims are terrorists. If they want a mosque so bad they can leave. And the hiroshima argument doesn't really apply because we were at war, and this was an unprovoked attack. Its comparing apples to oranges. The muslims are the ones who did it, and why should we show any sort of special treatment to them. We're at war with their countries, and this is all an attempt to rub dirt in our faces

@Ill say all muslims are terrorists. If they want a mosque so bad they can leave. And the hiroshima argument doesn't...

ummm hiroshima killed a fuck load more people. I mean it was an atomic bomb for fucks sake (the fist to be droped might i add on actual people) You are so ignorent! all muslims are terrosists? wow. Just wow.

You do know there are more countries that are mostly Muslim other than the ones in the Middle East right? And America is only at war with 2 Middle Eastern Countries.

@The first intelligent response on this page.

Was that sarcastic? You see its kinda hard to tell...if it was, then phew. I would hate to lump you in the same catagory of stupidity than hunter9.