+316

People on unemployment should have a government job delivering mail on Sundays. They get paid, and people who have crazy hours during the week and can't collect packages get their mail, and people get jobs. This is a pretty good idea, amirite?

5 6

and what are they supposed to do for the remainding six days? a person cant make steady income to live off of if they only work a day a week

@and what are they supposed to do for the remainding six days? a person cant make steady income to live off of if...

There are other jobs they could do, like working at local government centers at night. Government centers are open from 9-5, and some people can't get off of work. Maybe they could go from like 6-9am and 5-8pm. That's 6 hours right there in one day.

The economy is so bad that they're thinking of eliminating mail delivery on Saturdays around where I live.

A good idea, yes, but not very practical with the way things are right now.

@ambrosia The economy is so bad that they're thinking of eliminating mail delivery on Saturdays around where I live. A good...

Neither is increasing unemployment and welfare when we're broke, but we do that anyway.

@Neither is increasing unemployment and welfare when we're broke, but we do that anyway.

Well, I can't help that.
I'm just saying that it's not very practical, not that this country always does practical things.

Way to speak the truth! We can try to be optimistic and say idiotic stuff but it all comes down to the truth. Right now our economy sucks and very few people are going forward with smart ideas to help us. The Health Care thing (for example) is a load of shit. Our country is under capitalism and many people are trying to shove it toward socialism WHICH. IS. A. BAD. BAD. BAD. IDEA.