+1,088

people with siblings: you have a sibling, amirite?

yay_im_wrongs avatar
25 34
The voters have decided that yay_im_wrong is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

Nope, I've got two.

@yay_im_wrong wow, really? jerk...

Well, "a" means "one." I've got more than one.

@twisted_memories Well, "a" means "one." I've got more than one.

but if someone says do u have a dollar, u wouldn't say no because you have 7 dollars, you would say yes

yay_im_wrongs avatar yay_im_wrong Yeah You Are +7Reply
@565866

Just accept that I don't agree. I wouldn't vote No if I agreed.

@twisted_memories Just accept that I don't agree. I wouldn't vote No if I agreed.

except u dont agree because you dont think i worded it correctly? and i actually did word it correctly for anyone with a smilie sibling(s) to say yyr

yay_im_wrongs avatar yay_im_wrong Yeah You Are -3Reply
@yay_im_wrong except u dont agree because you dont think i worded it correctly? and i actually did word it correctly for anyone...

If you had said "at least one sibling" instead of "a sibling" I would have agreed. But I don't have a sibling, I've got two.

@565943

@565943 (yay_im_wrong): This is the dumbest argument I've ever read on amirite. Who cares how many siblings/ dollars/ which article to use?

Retoosers avatar Retooser Yeah You Are +13Reply
@565943

Actually, you're the one who can't type with whole words or understand the difference between saying "a sibling" and "at least one sibling."

Saying do you have a sibling means at least one sibling so yes you have a sibling you just have a second one too.

@Saying do you have a sibling means at least one sibling so yes you have a sibling you just have a second one too.

(So yeah): No, that is inaccurate. In the context, saying "you have a sibling" implies one. It's the tense in which it is said.

@yay_im_wrong wow, really? jerk...

Your calling him a jerk, while you made a post thats basically saying, "Hey! Over here! I'm DESPERATE for some yeah you are's!!!!"

People who can read: You can read what I wrote.

@Your calling him a jerk, while you made a post thats basically saying, "Hey! Over here! I'm DESPERATE for some yeah...

yea but im just making a joke and he's being a jerk making an argument 2 an issue like that...

yay_im_wrongs avatar yay_im_wrong Yeah You Are 0Reply
@566368

I disagree with your comment because this post has ALL the most ridiculous arguments I've ever read.

Obvious post is obvious.

This post is stupid. How the fuck are people ever going to get a clue to stop making completely obvious posts if you idiots keep voting them to the home page? What is wrong with you?

This post is a win. However some people look at it too hard.

I disagree. I have five siblings, but that is irrelevant. "People with siblingS:"
Siblings, as in plural. Doesn't that eliminate the people who actually comply with your latter description? It does.

@scrantoncity I disagree. I have five siblings, but that is irrelevant. "People with siblingS:" Siblings, as in plural. Doesn't...

I don't think it does. To limit it to just one sibling, he'd need to say "You have just one sibling".

You said you have five siblings correct? The statement "Scrantoncity has four siblings" isn't incorrect, it's just not the whole truth.

Overall, OP has stylistic issues, and this post could've clearly been written better, would you agree?

@piratedicecream I don't think it does. To limit it to just one sibling, he'd need to say "You have just one sibling". You said...

I would agree with your last sentence. Generally having a number of siblings is exact. I realize that yes, I do have four siblings. This is true. I have on addition. But, today, it's implied that I ONLY have four. Which is untrue. Connotations are as important as denotations, as long as they are grammatically correct, do you agree?

@scrantoncity I would agree with your last sentence. Generally having a number of siblings is exact. I realize that yes, I do...

Yep, which is where style comes in. It comes down to the minutiae and subtleties, and how well a thought was communicated. And i daresay, that this thought, this post has some communication issues.

I do have a sibling but I voted this down because it's a really stupid post.

This doesn't even make any sense... :|