+627

In movies, when the kids get up for school, they hop out of bed, the sun is high, the family is all awake, eating a rather large and fancy breakfast, and they get outside right when the bus comes. In reality, you roll out of bed while it is still pitch dark outside, your parents are either still asleep or have already left for work, and you're either way early or late for the bus, amirite?

Baconnoisseurs avatar
14 9
The voters have decided that Baconnoisseur is right! Vote on the post to say if you agree or disagree.

This is my morning spot-on D:

While I agree with the first part, the second part doesn't apply to me at all. Even in the dead of winter, I have never once woken up when it's pitch dark. And my parents are never asleep. Most of the time my dad's at work, depending on when he goes in. And my sister drives us to school, so I don't have to worry about a bus

And for some reason, I just described my school mornings to you.

Yup, that's how it goes!

Both my parents are still home and awake when I get up, but otherwise you're right.

maybe this is true for your broken household but never was for mine... Ahh the times they are a-changin'...

jros83s avatar jros83 No Way -6Reply
@jros83 maybe this is true for your broken household but never was for mine... Ahh the times they are a-changin'...

My mom's still asleep, because she doesn't get off of work until 2 A.M. My dad's in Iraq. It isn't a "broken household."

TicTacAddicts avatar TicTacAddict Yeah You Are +3Reply

It is common and even expected these days for both parents to work, so my dad is gone before I get up usually and my mom gets up as I'm leaving. I'm not sure if you know what a broken household is exactly, but even if mine was, it isn't really something you would accuse someone of or make fun of.